Thread: More Banjo: Week 7 vs Bears

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    2. The announcers - was it Boomer Esiason? And Deion Sanders, too - kept slathering over Rodgers and blaming the wide receivers. Nobody's open, they said. Look at the replays. Well, when I looked at them, sure, I didn't see anyone standing alone. But I saw receivers with a step on defenders. And didn't everybody used to worship at Rodgers's feet for "throwing guys open"? I distinctly remember that as one the the traits that made him so good. But now it's the receivers' fault. I don't get it. Rodgers still can move around the pocket, better than anyone. But all this back-foot throwing - he's missing lots of passes, and what a bunch of pussy announcers for continuing to nibble and lick at Rodgers's berries. He missed Adams twice, missed Cobb twice, I think, and on that 44 yard pass intereference, a well-thrown ball would've meant a touchdown. In other words, the stuff Rodgers used to do, he isn't doing - at least as far as his accuracy. I think, as I said elsewhere, that he's lost confidence in his ability to fire a strike into a narrow window.
    I think they were just countering McGinn's hit piece on Rodgers from this past week. But I'm not sure, because I didn't read it.

I agree that Rodgers needs to get a little more brave, but really, these receivers are not doing their job. You can blame lack of speed, lack of skill, poor position coaching, poor play calling, or whatever, but in 56 passing plays, often with 4 or 5 WRs on the field, they broke open, what... twice? Three times?

And for every time Rodgers misses, there seems to be a drop.

So yes, Rodgers could be more accurate and more adventure-prone. But for the most part, I agreed with the voices last night. We have an alleged embarrassment of riches at the position, but we ain't spending any.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    I think they were just countering McGinn's hit piece on Rodgers from this past week. But I'm not sure, because I didn't read it.

I agree that Rodgers needs to get a little more brave, but really, these receivers are not doing their job. You can blame lack of speed, lack of skill, poor position coaching, poor play calling, or whatever, but in 56 passing plays, often with 4 or 5 WRs on the field, they broke open, what... twice? Three times?

And for every time Rodgers misses, there seems to be a drop.

So yes, Rodgers could be more accurate and more adventure-prone. But for the most part, I agreed with the voices last night. We have an alleged embarrassment of riches at the position, but we ain't spending any.
    Part of the issue is the slow WRs, part of that is on Stubbs not adjusting formations, part of that is on Rodgers (until the second half lastnight) not willing the ball to his receivers hands like he used to do at will.

The first half was a lot of pro set with 2 wide, a TE with a hand in the dirt, Rip at FB and Monty at RB. With a secondary as beat up as Chicago's was, stack 3 wide often. Look at the 3rd TD when the rub caused 2 DBs to go with the same WR because they weren't communicating well. That could be bread and butter right now.