Thread: 2016 Packer Good News

2016 Packer Good News

Andrew Perloff ‏@andrewperloff 55s56 seconds ago
    NFL leaders in Drops (via @STATS_NFL):
    1. Brandon Marshall 6
    2. Tavon Austin and Marvin Jones 5
    4. Beckham Jr., Coates, Fuller 4

No Packers in Top 6 of drops!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Baby steps...

Give the fraud time. He will really start dropping them now.

Drops are an overrated negative stat. Look at the names on that list. Most are outstanding receivers. Guys who can't get open usually don't have a lot of drops. In 2010 when a lot of people wanted to hang James Jones for drops, they forgot he was 2nd on the team in receiving yards and receiving TD's. Give me a guy who gets open but has some drops over a guy who can't get open any day.

^ This is the good news thread. You take your pessimism about my good news into your own negative spin thread!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Good news? MN's offensive line is a mess and we are only one game back in the division.

The Packer good news - IMO - is that probably with McCarthy dragged kicking and screaming figuratively, they finally lurched into a pass-first offense, something they should have been doing all along. It's unfortunate it took the injury to Lacy to bring this on, but the radically large number of passes on early downs proved to be an awesomely good strategy. It would have been better yet if they had thrown the ball down the field more instead of dinking and dunking and doing de facto run plays. I suppose McCarthy is dreaming and scheming of a way to slide back to the crap his play calling had degenerated into. Hopefully he won't be able to find a way to do that, and hopefully he will at least have the good sense to put the game in the capable hands of Aaron Rodgers again. Then we can expect continued good news.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Healthy front seven. Pressure from them can compensate for inexperienced secondary.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Healthy front seven. Pressure from them can compensate for inexperienced secondary.
    +1
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers