Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hundley

Hundley

I know he had only a few plays, but did anyone else feel that he looked horribly uncomfortable?

Blog Entries
    Yeah.

He looked shaky. Throwing across his body, off the back foot. He reminded me of ARod vs Baltimore in Rodgers' rookie season. All part of the process, I hope!

he played? didn't see it. left a bit after the 4th qtr started. if he was shaky just remember it's garbage time (when they're just going through the motions), he probably got minimal time in preparation, and tenn players (probably backups by that time) wanted to make their mark and apply the kill shot. on the other side of the equation...maybe what you saw really is him. are those really so keen on moving on from Rodgers ready to accept that?
    Last edited by gbgary; 11-14-2016 at 10:38 AM.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    he played? didn't see it. left a bit after the 4th qtr started. if he was shaky just remember it's garbage time (when they're just going through the motions), he probably got minimal time in preparation, and tenn players (probably backups by that time) wanted to make their mark and apply the kill shot. one the other side of the equation...maybe what you saw really is him. are those really so keen on moving on from Rodgers ready to accept that?
    Didn't see it either. I turned off the TV at the 2 min warning mark to go chat at this awesome forum called "Packerrats."
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

I didn't mean this as a criticism, after all, he hasn't played much since preseason 2015. That's a long time.
    I hope they find opportunities (huge 4th qtr. leads) to let him get some game experience.

I liked they called four straight passes for him. Usually with the backups, it's run, run, run, punt.

For the most part, he seemed okay (further film review required). Janis was targeted three times and one of those was a clear drop. Don't know on any of them if they were poorly thrown or if the defender played the ball well or Janis poorly.

But on at least three of them, he threw it to the sticks instead of taking the dump off.

I liked all those things.

But he certainly didn't look polished in the pocket, but that might simply be because he isn't a ten year vet. Yet.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

^ If Janis had caught two of them we'd have a QB and WR controversy.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    ^ If Janis had caught two of them we'd have a QB and WR controversy.
    didn't see it but Janis just needs to go. he's peaked. he's a body-catching numb-nut.

he should have gotten in on the previous series to get a few more reps

of course he's gonna look shaky, he's barely played at all in his career. in games like yesterday, fat mike needs to bleed him in

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    he played? didn't see it. left a bit after the 4th qtr started. if he was shaky just remember it's garbage time (when they're just going through the motions), he probably got minimal time in preparation, and tenn players (probably backups by that time) wanted to make their mark and apply the kill shot. on the other side of the equation...maybe what you saw really is him. are those really so keen on moving on from Rodgers ready to accept that?
    Name one Packerrat that desires to see the Green Bay Packers move on from Aaron Rodgers?

Name that Packerrat and back up that claim with a post (posts) please. I'll be most surprized if you can do that.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

What we saw when the backup QB came in was a predominate backup 'O'.

Was that a warning from MM? LOL.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    What we saw when the backup QB came in was a predominate backup 'O'.

Was that a warning from MM? LOL.
    There have been dozens of bench Rodgers/start Hundley posts.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

It appeared when Hundley was in there Cobb, Adams and Jordy were not in there so it is difficult to assess Brett's performance in that last minute of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Name one Packerrat that desires to see the Green Bay Packers move on from Aaron Rodgers?

Name that Packerrat and back up that claim with a post (posts) please. I'll be most surprized if you can do that.
    Me. I'm on record as saying I hope they trade him in the offseason.

Since I am a mere fan, I am not accountable to reason. I just feel what I feel, baby.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

Since I am a mere fan, I am not accountable to reason. I just feel what I feel, baby.
    Not me. Everyone laments the lack of talent on the team and some are ready to get rid of the best player on the squad. If word leaked out Rodgers was on the trading block there are more than a few GMs who will gleefully take him off our hands.

Not this year, they have Hundley on the cheap for 2017 & 2018. That gives them a lot of time to extend Hundley during or after 2018, trade the then aging and declining 35 year old Aaron Rodgers before the last year of his contract, and move into the Hundley era with its one more isolated SB at around 2021 or 2022. Lord willing, I will live to see it!

Hundley just came in for the garbage final series. In NFL etiquette, this is no slight to the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Not this year, they have Hundley on the cheap for 2017 & 2018. That gives them a lot of time to extend Hundley during or after 2018, trade the then aging and declining 35 year old Aaron Rodgers before the last year of his contract, and move into the Hundley era with its one more isolated SB at around 2021 or 2022. Lord willing, I will live to see it!
    What he said.

That, and I do think the MM/Aaron relationship is getting stale. They either need to go away, just the two of them, to see if they can rekindle that old magic. Or they've got to part ways.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    What he said.

That, and I do think the MM/Aaron relationship is getting stale. They either need to go away, just the two of them, to see if they can rekindle that old magic. Or they've got to part ways.

Kind of makes me tear up just thinking about it. Would Aaron be Barbara Streisand or Neil Diamond?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Hundley just came in for the garbage final series. In NFL etiquette, this is no slight to the starter.
    True, and doing it the series before that would be viewed as "giving up" in NFL circles.