Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Retooling the roster?

Anyone hear anything on Corey Linsley?
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

He is practicing that is all we know so far.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

That means they have three weeks (from his first practice day) to activate him.

Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
    Anyone hear anything on Corey Linsley?
    Can he play CB or run the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Can he play CB or run the ball?
    That is Tretter's job.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I think people here were pretty pumped when they signed Cook, and he did show a couple meager flashes before he got hurt. If he can come back and play at the speed at which he's capable, he can add a badly missing dimension to this offense. Imagine Montgomery coming out of the backfield and Cook going over the middle. Tough to cover that.
    were we pumped for cook or were we pumped cuz tt actually did something more in fa than just hole plugging? lol
    no...i agree we all liked cook's speed but i think there were better TEs out there. i posted at the time i thought Jordy wouldn't be 100%, that what we had left at wr wouldn't be adequate, and that a go-to wr should be a priority.

there's always next year.

I think the great hope was that Rodgers and Cook were going to complete each other. Cook has thus far had a disappointing career given his physical talent. Maybe an elite QB could fulfill his potential. Rodgers might return to elite status if he had a threat down the middle of the field.

So far, that football love connection hasn't blossomed. We'll see.

I place blame at Ted and Mikes feat. Rather than shore up two gaping holes - we've done 'next man up' and practice squad.

And M3's play calling is essentially the same week over week. Much less making any in game adjustments.

I haven't been for cleaning house - but I think we are there. It's time for Wolf...

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    I place blame at Ted and Mikes feat. Rather than shore up two gaping holes - we've done 'next man up' and practice squad.

And M3's play calling is essentially the same week over week. Much less making any in game adjustments.

I haven't been for cleaning house - but I think we are there. It's time for Wolf...
    There's really nothing out there at RB or CB to pick up. We tried Davis, looked at Spiller, looked at Bell. Their JAGs aren't better than our JAGs. This is similar to losing Collins at safety, except safety isn't as important as CB. We struggled mightily on defense for a couple of years after his loss. Losing a pro bowl type CB and a pro bowl type RB will cause ripples throughout the team. Heck, losing Nelson last year caused defenses to play us differently starting game 7 of last year and we still haven't completely recovered since Nelson doesn't have that last gear yet.

I blame McCarthy for not fixing our offense, but even there, it's difficult with all the injuries. We look slightly better on offense the last few games, but that might be the defenses we're playing and the deficit that we have when the offense starts looking better. My feeling is that this is a lost season. .500 might be a goal to shoot for. If we get there, it might be the best coaching job of his career.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    There's really nothing out there at RB or CB to pick up. We tried Davis, looked at Spiller, looked at Bell. Their JAGs aren't better than our JAGs. This is similar to losing Collins at safety, except safety isn't as important as CB. We struggled mightily on defense for a couple of years after his loss. Losing a pro bowl type CB and a pro bowl type RB will cause ripples throughout the team. Heck, losing Nelson last year caused defenses to play us differently starting game 7 of last year and we still haven't completely recovered since Nelson doesn't have that last gear yet.

I blame McCarthy for not fixing our offense, but even there, it's difficult with all the injuries. We look slightly better on offense the last few games, but that might be the defenses we're playing and the deficit that we have when the offense starts looking better. My feeling is that this is a lost season. .500 might be a goal to shoot for. If we get there, it might be the best coaching job of his career.
    I can't agree 8-8 would be the best coaching job of his career. He had more injuries the year they won the Super Bowl. That is the epitome of his coaching, and he hasn't come close since. Too many factors out there to determine which one has killed this team. NFCCG loss to the Seahawks? Olivia? Giving away play calling? Aaron's collarbone and psyche? We could probably add to the list. Something is wrong and Mike isn't getting the job done.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

IMO, right now the Packers still have an outside chance at a Wildcard spot. There is no point in my reciting again what I said months ago about this team. I will say that The 2017 off-season will prove to be a time of HUGE Changes with the Coaches as well as with the GM.

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    I can't agree 8-8 would be the best coaching job of his career. He had more injuries the year they won the Super Bowl. That is the epitome of his coaching, and he hasn't come close since. Too many factors out there to determine which one has killed this team. NFCCG loss to the Seahawks? Olivia? Giving away play calling? Aaron's collarbone and psyche? We could probably add to the list. Something is wrong and Mike isn't getting the job done.
    More injuries in 2010, maybe. Maybe. But they still had Collins, Matthews, Woodson, Rodgers, Jennings, and Raji healthy.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Injuries are not the problem with the Packers right now you can have a team with twice as many injuries as the Packers have but you call the next man up and get the players behind the coach and make sure you can get the fired up and give you a full 100 percent, Right now the packers do have injuries but if you had a coach that could get every one behind him and get 100 percent I still believe they would be leading there division but now they look like a erunch of Lazy Buffoons

Quote Originally Posted by wpony View Post
    Injuries are not the problem with the Packers right now you can have a team with twice as many injuries as the Packers have but you call the next man up and get the players behind the coach and make sure you can get the fired up and give you a full 100 percent, Right now the packers do have injuries but if you had a coach that could get every one behind him and get 100 percent I still believe they would be leading there division but now they look like a erunch of Lazy Buffoons
    it's a HUGE problem! not that we'd be 9-0 but things would be much better. we wouldn't be scoreboard watching with our fingers crossed that minn loses (so far that's worked pretty well though lol). inexperienced, less talented players, can't be coached-up to the point of a starter in a month or two.