Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
I place blame at Ted and Mikes feat. Rather than shore up two gaping holes - we've done 'next man up' and practice squad.

And M3's play calling is essentially the same week over week. Much less making any in game adjustments.

I haven't been for cleaning house - but I think we are there. It's time for Wolf...
There's really nothing out there at RB or CB to pick up. We tried Davis, looked at Spiller, looked at Bell. Their JAGs aren't better than our JAGs. This is similar to losing Collins at safety, except safety isn't as important as CB. We struggled mightily on defense for a couple of years after his loss. Losing a pro bowl type CB and a pro bowl type RB will cause ripples throughout the team. Heck, losing Nelson last year caused defenses to play us differently starting game 7 of last year and we still haven't completely recovered since Nelson doesn't have that last gear yet.

I blame McCarthy for not fixing our offense, but even there, it's difficult with all the injuries. We look slightly better on offense the last few games, but that might be the defenses we're playing and the deficit that we have when the offense starts looking better. My feeling is that this is a lost season. .500 might be a goal to shoot for. If we get there, it might be the best coaching job of his career.