Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Week 8 Packers/Falcons Discussion Thread

Cook unlikely to be ready for Atlanta. Rollins and Jackson are maybes.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/sto...gery-confirmed
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 15s15 seconds ago
    #Packers sign CB Keith Baxter to the practice squad: http://pckrs.com/2jyf
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Not only is he not on the gangsta list, but he's a Viking castoff. Brutal.

Where has DickRod been? Not that Cook was tearing things up but RRod has done next to nothing since he went down.
    Go PACK

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Where has DickRod been? Not that Cook was tearing things up but RRod has done next to nothing since he went down.
    One of the bigger disappointments on the team.

The Falcons just signed two RB's today.

Shouldn't we be doing something like that?

Agreed, KY. The guy just disappears. And for all the talk about his weight loss, he's still as sluggish as a manatee.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    One of the bigger disappointments on the team.

The Falcons just signed two RB's today.

Shouldn't we be doing something like that?
    Nah they have Montgomery so there is no need to worry about the backfield.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Not only is he not on the gangsta list, but he's a Viking castoff. Brutal.
    Lol
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    We better hit Matty Ice early and often to have a chance.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Which of course means that the Falcons pass D will have a superb game.
    When was the last time an opponent completely laid an egg against GB? I know that teams always try to bring their best game, but even the scrub teams seem to play well against GB.
    Except the Bears. But their QB had to break an arm first. He was trying to break a leg...
    Ignoring any opinion about the actual relative impact the Bear offensive QB situation, the Bear defense and the Packer offense had on the Packer offense's ability to move the ball - here are the teams that the Packers offense has exposed for pretty big production in the last year-long period of offensive challenges that started last year in Denver (Week 7).

The Packers offense gained over 400 yds. four times since the Denver debacle - twice last year against #6 D Carolina (402 yds. Loss, Week 8) and #17 Dallas (435 yds. Win, Week 13), and twice more so far this year against the #19 D Giants (406, Win, Week 4) and the #12 D Bears (406. Win, Week 6). Yes the Bears currently have the #12 ranked overall defense.

They were pretty much completely futile twice last year against the league’s best defense in Denver (140 yds., Loss, Week 7) and #5 D Arizona (178 yds., Loss, Week 15).

The worst game this year in terms of moving the ball was also the league’s #1 D Minnesota (263 yds., Loss, Week 2).

All other games in the last year they've gained 300 – 400 yards – against #9 D Jacksonville, #25 Detroit and #17 Dallas this year. Last year they gained 300-400 yards against #13 Minnesota, #24 Jacksonville, #18 Detroit and #14 Chicago.

With a couple exceptions where they moved it well against top 10 defenses (You might say those defenses laid an egg.) the Packers have pretty much moved it well against decent, average and below defenses – while shitting the bed against elite (top 5 or better) defenses - big-time last year but not so much this year.

Atlanta’s defense is currently ranked THE WORST of all of the last 16 regular season opponents over the last year post-Denver at #26 overall YTD, giving up 386 yds. and more than 28 pts a game.

The Packers have had well-documented issues scoring points in the red zone, but they've moved the ball into the red zone really well overall. I can’t see any reason why they shouldn’t be able to do so against the worst defense of all of them in Atlanta.

Now they have to figure out how to start punching it in with some consistency. It’s possible they could get outscored this week, but it figures to be the best opportunity in the last 16 games to start establishing some of that consistency moving forward.
    Last edited by vince; 10-26-2016 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Agreed, KY. The guy just disappears. And for all the talk about his weight loss, he's still as sluggish as a manatee.
    jason whitten still manages to get open all the time. RR might be getting open but AR is probably looking further down the field.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers
    #Packers sign C Jacob Flores to the practice squad: http://pckrs.com/ye69

I finally got to see the entire game on YouTube this morning and Phil Simms is right - AR's fine (he missed on a couple of throws but it shows he's human) but our WRs have issues getting open against man coverage. The announcers pointed out that even when given extra time by our O line AR still has trouble finding people open. Ty, Cobb and Adams had a nice game in the second half. We're gonna need more of this if we want to get a win in Atlanta on Sunday.

^ The entire game is on You Tube?

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 7m7 minutes ago
    Cook, Starks and Damarious Randall not practicing. Clay Matthews and Quinten Rollins rode bikes. Don Jackson was practicing #Packers

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Ignoring any opinion about the actual relative impact the Bear offensive QB situation, the Bear defense and the Packer offense had on the Packer offense's ability to move the ball - here are the teams that the Packers offense has exposed for pretty big production in the last year-long period of offensive challenges that started last year in Denver (Week 7).

The Packers offense gained over 400 yds. four times since the Denver debacle - twice last year against #6 D Carolina (402 yds. Loss, Week 8) and #17 Dallas (435 yds. Win, Week 13), and twice more so far this year against the #19 D Giants (406, Win, Week 4) and the #12 D Bears (406. Win, Week 6). Yes the Bears currently have the #12 ranked overall defense.

They were pretty much completely futile twice last year against the league’s best defense in Denver (140 yds., Loss, Week 7) and #5 D Arizona (178 yds., Loss, Week 15).

The worst game this year in terms of moving the ball was also the league’s #1 D Minnesota (263 yds., Loss, Week 2).

All other games in the last year they've gained 300 – 400 yards – against #9 D Jacksonville, #25 Detroit and #17 Dallas this year. Last year they gained 300-400 yards against #13 Minnesota, #24 Jacksonville, #18 Detroit and #14 Chicago.

With a couple exceptions where they moved it well against top 10 defenses (You might say those defenses laid an egg.) the Packers have pretty much moved it well against decent, average and below defenses – while shitting the bed against elite (top 5 or better) defenses - big-time last year but not so much this year.

Atlanta’s defense is currently ranked THE WORST of all of the last 16 regular season opponents over the last year post-Denver at #26 overall YTD, giving up 386 yds. and more than 28 pts a game.

The Packers have had well-documented issues scoring points in the red zone, but they've moved the ball into the red zone really well overall. I can’t see any reason why they shouldn’t be able to do so against the worst defense of all of them in Atlanta.

Now they have to figure out how to start punching it in with some consistency. It’s possible they could get outscored this week, but it figures to be the best opportunity in the last 16 games to start establishing some of that consistency moving forward.
    What's with all these fact, numbers and shit?

Edit: Great post.

Well saifd, Vince. Thanks for the research!

Blog Entries
    Man, that was one King Hell post, Vince.

I'll be the third stooge in congratulating ya on that one.

Well "saifd" indeed.

Couple points.

It's still a tough road game, no matter how you slice it.

A big one we need to add to our portfolio, if this year is to amount to anything.

On Dickrod, I'm lost on this guy. There was a piece of last season where he was ARod's only guy. He was getting open and was the only one doing so. Does he need to put the weight back on? Need to get back on the same dope he was using last season? Woman trouble? What?

Another thing to keep in mind is that the Packers are 16th in League scoring on offense. But they are third in the League in red zone trips.

If they figure out the red zone (a big IF) and convert more TDs, they easily move into the top ten in scoring.

Cobb and Matthews have Packer Hamstring

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora
    Tampa Bay making a push to land a vet WR, sources said. Willing to move a pick and/or CB J. Banks or A. Verner for the right guy...