Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Official Week 8 Packers/Falcons Discussion Thread

Blog Entries
    Appreciate it guys. Yeah KY it's likely to be a battle.

..to round out some of the simple stat match-up comparisons...

Falcons D - #27 pts/game, #26 yds/game, #31 passing yds/game, #9 rushing yds/game, #15 sacks/game
    vs.
    Packers O - #14 pts/game, #22 yds/game, #20 passing yds/game, #19 rushing yds/game, #5 ranked OL

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Packers D - #11 pts/game, #7 yds/game, #15 passing yds/game, #1 rushing yds/game, #7 sacks/game
    vs.
    Falcons O - #1 pts/game, #1 yds/game, #2 passing yds/game, #14 rushing yds/game, #28 ranked OL

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Appreciate it guys. Yeah KY it's likely to be a battle.
    yup...that's why i said dal 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Ignoring any opinion about the actual relative impact the Bear offensive QB situation, the Bear defense and the Packer offense had on the Packer offense's ability to move the ball - here are the teams that the Packers offense has exposed for pretty big production in the last year-long period of offensive challenges that started last year in Denver (Week 7).

The Packers offense gained over 400 yds. four times since the Denver debacle - twice last year against #6 D Carolina (402 yds. Loss, Week 8) and #17 Dallas (435 yds. Win, Week 13), and twice more so far this year against the #19 D Giants (406, Win, Week 4) and the #12 D Bears (406. Win, Week 6). Yes the Bears currently have the #12 ranked overall defense.

They were pretty much completely futile twice last year against the league’s best defense in Denver (140 yds., Loss, Week 7) and #5 D Arizona (178 yds., Loss, Week 15).

The worst game this year in terms of moving the ball was also the league’s #1 D Minnesota (263 yds., Loss, Week 2).

All other games in the last year they've gained 300 – 400 yards – against #9 D Jacksonville, #25 Detroit and #17 Dallas this year. Last year they gained 300-400 yards against #13 Minnesota, #24 Jacksonville, #18 Detroit and #14 Chicago.

With a couple exceptions where they moved it well against top 10 defenses (You might say those defenses laid an egg.) the Packers have pretty much moved it well against decent, average and below defenses – while shitting the bed against elite (top 5 or better) defenses - big-time last year but not so much this year.

Atlanta’s defense is currently ranked THE WORST of all of the last 16 regular season opponents over the last year post-Denver at #26 overall YTD, giving up 386 yds. and more than 28 pts a game.

The Packers have had well-documented issues scoring points in the red zone, but they've moved the ball into the red zone really well overall. I can’t see any reason why they shouldn’t be able to do so against the worst defense of all of them in Atlanta.

Now they have to figure out how to start punching it in with some consistency. It’s possible they could get outscored this week, but it figures to be the best opportunity in the last 16 games to start establishing some of that consistency moving forward.
    Thank you.

Mrs QBME and I are travelling to Atlanta for the game, as we pick an away game every year to attend. We booked the trip during pre-season and I've been feeling pretty shitty about it lately. Then the NFL flexed the game to 3:25 PM and forced us to extend the trip another day. (Get up for first flight out Monday morning and then go to work.)

So, yes, woe is me. Need some more reasons why the Pack will pull this one out.

PBMax - please start a thread and ruminate on the overall health of the Falcons, particularly Matt Ryan and Julio Jones.

Ryan's arms have always looked skinny to me. I don't know.

And Julio has to be tired after carrying Richard Sherman around for 3 hours.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    What's up with the Claymaker? Spent two years at ILB, not once did we hear about his poor hammy. Now back at OLB, he's back to being a hammy pull a-waiting to happen.

With the bums the Pack have at corner, the Claymaker's gonna need to show up and light up in this game.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora
    Tampa Bay making a push to land a vet WR, sources said. Willing to move a pick and/or CB J. Banks or A. Verner for the right guy...
    Trade Nelson for one of their CBs. Time to let Janis loose.

ESPN speculates that Joe Haden could be had for a 3rd or 4th. If that's all it takes to get Haden, what the fuck is Thompson waiting for? Plenty of cap room to absorb Haden's contract. Plus, Samwise might not play again.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Blog Entries
    He's a good hand, but...

He makes about 10 mil per. He couldn't play this week vs Atlanta, groin pull. He has only played in 4 games this season.

'15 was a lot of injuries as well.

I don't think so.

I'm still taking Falcons in this one

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Time to let Janis loose. .
    Finally we agr.....wait you said LET him loose. My mistake.

I think he means release Janis. Yes?

I see we are stuck with Troy again, is there a way to sink the radio with the TV?

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by deake View Post
    I see we are stuck with Troy again, is there a way to sink the radio with the TV?
    Do you live in WI?

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 20m20 minutes ago Wisconsin, USA
    Cobb, Lang, Matthews and Montgomery are questionable for #Packers. Rollins is out. Otherwise, injury report filled with good news.

Hope packers put on a good appearance. Everybody (almost) will be watching.

Do you live in WI?
    Yes

The over-the-air broadcasts tend to be ahead of the TV, and are therefore useless unless you are a glutton for punishment.

Streaming radio tends to be 5 or slightly more seconds behind the TV, and that works out pretty well, since the analysis is what you want.

The WTMJ streaming website sometimes is overwhelmed during games.

I have a top secret alternate link that works in my ServeStream app. You, and only you, may use it.
    http://provisioning.streamtheworld.c.../WTMJAMAAC.pls

Yes
    If you get the broadcast TV version of the game going and can get WIBA out of Madison on the FM side, they delay the radio by a few seconds for the audience. It tends to sync up to the broadcast well. It will still be ahead of cable and satellite.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1h1 hour ago
    Part of lead item: From 2008-14, #Packers led NFL in 25-yard receptions. This year? Most feeble big-play passing game in NFL.

If you get the broadcast TV version of the game going and can get WIBA out of Madison on the FM side, they delay the radio by a few seconds for the audience. It tends to sync up to the broadcast well. It will still be ahead of cable and satellite.
    I suppose it wouldn't work to get WIBA on the internet for those of us outside of WI...