Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Week 8 Packers/Falcons Discussion Thread

Official Week 8 Packers/Falcons Discussion Thread

Packers under McCarthy are 4-2 against the Falcons, including winning the last 4. In 3 of those games, (Flynn played in 2013) Rodgers is 81-111, 1089 yards, 8 TD's, 0 INT's for a passer rating of 127.8.

Time for all of us to pile into the time warp machine and go back to 2010. Injury list mounting every game, team looking good in patches and awful for longer patches. Darkness and doom surrounding Packer Nation.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

i think this is dal 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Time for all of us to pile into the time warp machine and go back to 2010. Injury list mounting every game, team looking good in patches and awful for longer patches. Darkness and doom surrounding Packer Nation.
    It's getting worse. I just seen on Packers News on FB that Abbrederis is going on IR. Supposedly they are promoting Allison from the PS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    It's getting worse. I just seen on Packers News on FB that Abbrederis is going on IR. Supposedly they are promoting Allison from the PS.
    Dude's a badass.

One good thing about the upcoming game is their pass defense blows so hopefully we can keep up and pull out a win up there.

I like the feel of this one, and precisely because things are looking so dark and gloomy. Really, with all the injuries and the discombobulated offense, this team is looking like it's going nowhere. But we've seen some spark from the defense (when it's not getting run over by the Dallas OL) and maybe being forced to drop back 65 times will force Rodgers to readjust his mechanics. If not, they will get run over by the tune of 35-3.

You think the Falcons' mighty defense can prevent us from scoring more than a FG?

Blog Entries
    Tevin Coleman is supposedly out with a hammy. That could be big because he could expose GB out of the backfield catching it. Assuming they can contain Freeman running with it (I think they can. He's averaging 72 yds./game), Julio is their whole passing attack without Coleman. Sanu hasn't done much at all to this point.

Their offensive line is average at best. Ryan's been sacked 18 times already - 3rd most in the league. If the pass rush can get to Ryan, they can semi-contain Jones, and the offense can put up some points against their weak secondary, I think this is a winnable game. It seems to me like a much more favorable matchup than Minnesota and Dallas anyway.

Put Gunter in press coverage on Julio with Brice's speed and physicality over the top - and get after Matty Ice. Don't turn it over for a change and I think they'll be right in this game.

If they can't somewhat contain Julio, pressure Ryan and/or fumble in the red zone - it could be a long day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    This is a change with little to no impact because Abbrederis has had no impact so far.

Blog Entries
    It smells to me like that's why the change has been made. I'd say it's pretty unusual for a guy to go on IR with a thigh bruise.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    It smells to me like that's why the change has been made. I'd say it's pretty unusual for a guy to go on IR with a thigh bruise.
    Both he and Banjo probably can come back this year. But they needed the spots now.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Both he and Banjo probably can come back this year. But they needed the spots now.
    Packers need reinforcements at RB, CB and TE, not WR and S. Thompson replaced Abberderis and Banjo with another WR and another S.

Ted's works in mysterious ways.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Packers need reinforcements at RB, CB and TE, not WR and S. Thompson replaced Abberderis and Banjo with another WR and another S.

Ted's works in mysterious ways.
    The DB they brought up worked as a slot corner in camp. Not sure why 6 WRs, even after counting Monty as RB, is the new standard.

They signed new RB Davis and brought Jackson up from PS. That's two traditional plus Monty and Cobb.

Cook is still on roster, out of his boot, and probably back in next couple of weeks.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    It's tough to sacrifice roster spots to add new guys with Randall, Cook, Starks - none of whom are special teamers - slated to return yet. I think Allison's been promoted for situational value, replacing just about the last guy on the roster with limited game day value. Evans is up for special teams replacements.

Who would you cut (and probably lose to another team) to add yet another RB, CB, or TE as temporary add? The only other guy to sacrifice would be Murphy. It's pretty clear they have future hopes for him or he'd have been cut already and stashed on the PS because he hasn't been active yet and probably won't be APRH.

I wondered whether Peanut Tillman would have anything in the tank but do you really want to cut Hawkins loose forever to pull a 39-year-old temporary band-aid out of retirement who'd probably take until Randall returns to ramp up anyway? Obviously Ted doesn't and I don't think his motivation is real mysterious.

He pulled a rabbit out of his hat with Green back in 2010 but d-line and RB are probably about the only two spots that can realistically happen. He already grabbed Knile Davis there. Not sure about Don Jackson's hand but if he can return quickly I think he shows the natural running back agility and burst that Davis' straight line power game doesn't have, and while I like what Montgomery's showing, he hasn't yet shown the ability to run inside. Those three guys each bring something a little different, and together they probably cover RB needs pretty well - at least until Starks returns anyway.

None of them are the every-down workhorse that Lacy can be but that guy isn't out there on the scrap heap to be had as far as I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The DB they brought up worked as a slot corner in camp. Not sure why 6 WRs, even after counting Monty as RB, is the new standard.

They signed new RB Davis and brought Jackson up from PS. That's two traditional plus Monty and Cobb.

Cook is still on roster, out of his boot, and probably back in next couple of weeks.
    Hyde and Burnett also play the "slot" corner. But just cos they line up at corner don't make them good corners. The two can't cover, yet Capers not only keeps playing them at corner, he also puts them in man coverage at tons a game. Pretty sure Pro Football Focus ranks these two at or near the bottom of their DB rankings. Pretty confident.

Point is, Thompson has gotta sign a true corner. There ain't many shutdown corners on the streets of Baltimore, but a so-so corner who sucks less than what the Packers currently have playing would do wonders. Cro, Trumaine McBride, Tarell Brown, Javier Arenas, Cortez Allen, Ras-I Dowling, to name a few gangstas currently available.

Regarding TE, Richard Rodgers is more fruitless than an apple tree on the North Pole. Belichick has Gronk but still traded for Bennett. With D-Rod, it's like the Packers O is operating on Windows 95. An upgrade is needed.

Blog Entries
    You gotta catch up and get real Tank. You're living in the past man. Bennett's not available week 7 for a two-week fix. Ted signed Cook to be that guy remember?

As far as CB goes, I'm not taking any of those guys mid-season so they can get ramped up just in time for Randall to return - and losing Hawkins permanently as a result.

And I'm not a huge Hyde fan but bringing a guy off the street mid-season to replace him for three weeks would be idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    You gotta catch up and get real Tank. You're living in the past man. Bennett's not available week 7 for a two-week fix. Ted signed Cook to be that guy remember?

As far as CB goes, I'm not taking any of those guys mid-season so they can get ramped up just in time for Randall to return - and losing Hawkins permanently as a result.

And I'm not a huge Hyde fan but bringing a guy off the street mid-season to replace him for three weeks would be idiotic.
    My points were, having 2 good TEs on your roster is not a bad idea. And D-Rod sucks; Pack def need an upgrade.

Hawkins? Last time I saw him play, he was left in the dust by a so-so receiver named Marvin Jones. Hawkins belongs on the PS, not active roster. Ted should sign Cro for the rest of the season, which would allow Capers to quit playing Hyde at corner. There oughta be a law outlawing Hyde from playing corner.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    My points were, having 2 good TEs on your roster is not a bad idea. And D-Rod sucks; Pack def need an upgrade.

Hawkins? Last time I saw him play, he was left in the dust by a so-so receiver named Marvin Jones. Hawkins belongs on the PS, not active roster. Ted should sign Cro for the rest of the season, which would allow Capers to quit playing Hyde at corner. There oughta be a law outlawing Hyde from playing corner.
    Yeah Hawkins isn't ready but I think there's enough there to hang on to for the future. He has what you can't coach and looks to me like he has the ability to get coached up.

I know Cromartie used to be a decent cover guy but he was always excessively shy about contact as I recall. And if you're getting cut in-season in favor of Rashan Melvin for the last spot, by the Colts no less, that aint good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    One good thing about the upcoming game is their pass defense blows so hopefully we can keep up and pull out a win up there.
    Which of course means that the Falcons pass D will have a superb game.

When was the last time an opponent completely laid an egg against GB? I know that teams always try to bring their best game, but even the scrub teams seem to play well against GB.

Except the Bears. But their QB had to break an arm first. He was trying to break a leg...
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.