Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Official Week 8 Packers/Falcons Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I suppose it wouldn't work to get WIBA on the internet for those of us outside of WI...
    WIBA uses iheartradio for streaming live and podcasts, and they don't have rights to Packer games or pregame show. You can stream from WTMJ website only - plus the oddball (unauthorized?) source that I mentioned.

Thanks, your secret is safe with me.

Pretty sure you cannot get the game online from WTMJ directly through their website. The NFL is going to ask you make a contribution.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Pretty sure you cannot get the game online from WTMJ directly through their website. The NFL is going to ask you make a contribution.
    http://www.wtmj.com/listen-live

Nah, they do let the flagship station in the PAcker network stream. All the other stations can't. I use it every week. Only occasionally is it too crowded to get a connection.

You can only use their damn player to stream, and it doesn't work in some operating systems (flash issue?). They don't provide links to stream through apps or internet radio. That's what got me to google searching for a link that can be loaded into an android app. The one I found that works may be a legacy resource that they neglected to shut down, it is not advertised anywhere.

ps, WTMJ does have a custom app to download, but don't bother, it never works at all during games, too crowded.
    Last edited by Harlan Huckleby; 10-29-2016 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    http://www.wtmj.com/listen-live

Nah, they do let the flagship station in the PAcker network stream. All the other stations can't. I use it every week. Only occasionally is it too crowded to get a connection.

You can only use their damn player to stream, and it doesn't work in some operating systems (flash issue?). They don't provide links to stream through apps or internet radio. That's what got me to google searching for a link that can be loaded into an android app. The one I found that works may be a legacy resource that they neglected to shut down, it is not advertised anywhere.

ps, WTMJ does have a custom app to download, but don't bother, it never works at all during games, too crowded.
    I actually find this very hard to believe. I believe you, but I have had the broadcast cut out on me as the game started. Maybe the rights have changed, I haven't tried it in years.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I don't want anyone to lose their fear of this game, but on a neutral site, the Packers are the Vegas favorite in this game (Falcons -2.5 in the dome).

Five Thirty Eight has the game at -1.5 for the Dirty Birds, with the Packers rated above Matty Ice in Elo, 1572 to 1547.

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Thank you.

Mrs QBME and I are travelling to Atlanta for the game, as we pick an away game every year to attend. We booked the trip during pre-season and I've been feeling pretty shitty about it lately. Then the NFL flexed the game to 3:25 PM and forced us to extend the trip another day. (Get up for first flight out Monday morning and then go to work.)

So, yes, woe is me. Need some more reasons why the Pack will pull this one out.

PBMax - please start a thread and ruminate on the overall health of the Falcons, particularly Matt Ryan and Julio Jones.
    They had a Packer Game Rally tonight in Atlanta QBME. Any chance you got to see it?

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 6m6 minutes ago Hard Rock Cafe Atlanta
    See more from the #PackEverywhere pep rally in Atlanta on Snapchat!

👻: packers

#GBvsATL #GoPackGo

They had a Packer Game Rally tonight in Atlanta QBME. Any chance you got to see it?

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 6m6 minutes ago Hard Rock Cafe Atlanta
    See more from the #PackEverywhere pep rally in Atlanta on Snapchat!

: packers

#GBvsATL #GoPackGo
    Did not hear about it. We're staying about 10 minute walk from the dome and it's crazy. Second night of Adele concert at the Phillips Center, national marching band competition, just nuts.

About half the plane down this morning was Packer folks.
    Will send some pics tomorrow

oh goody

our shitty offense just got way shittier

cobb will not play today because of a hamstring injury (thats original)

and Ty, our new running back, is questionable with some illness he picked up this week.

edit, ty is expected to play now

I don't want anyone to lose their fear of this game, but on a neutral site, the Packers are the Vegas favorite in this game (Falcons -2.5 in the dome).

Five Thirty Eight has the game at -1.5 for the Dirty Birds, with the Packers rated above Matty Ice in Elo, 1572 to 1547.
    Top 3 CB's out, no RB's, Cobb now out, the offense sputtering, and on the road.

There is no way I would bet on the Packers. In fact, this smells like a blowout by the Falcons.

It's gonna be a long afternoon...

We got 'em right where we want 'em.

Yeah, this is usually when things turn around mid-season!

Wilde writes that Lacy might be back by late December. Anyone know when or where that info was reported?

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/f...5aed759b6.html

EDIT: Originally read September, which would have been news indeed.
    Last edited by pbmax; 10-30-2016 at 09:50 AM.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    No worries about Cobb being out, we got replacement slot receivers Monty...er...Abby...er...oops.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Guess we don't have to throw any of those pussy slants now

Time for the Jeff Janis show!!!

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Guess we don't have to throw any of those pussy slants now
    You are going to see them anyway because that is one of the two routes Janis knows. Just hope the ILB is not in his way.

Football Perspective ‏@fbgchase 5m5 minutes ago
    Calvin Pryor, the cure for the common pass offense.

I would boast more, but a lot of long passes have gone right by Ha-Ha while he was deep safety.

Monty and Cobb out.

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
    Breaking Scoopage: Packers Ty Montgomery (illness) and Randall Cobb OUT today va Falcons @NFLonFOX