Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Official Week 8 Packers/Falcons Discussion Thread

LOL

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Tanner McEvoy just threw a 40+ yd pass completion for the Seahawks on a trick play (McEvoy was playing WR, took a backwards pass from QB). Last week McEvoy made a game saving block of kick. He's also a demon on special teams. Big mistake not signing that guy to a contract as a FA. I would have drafted him.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

no Monty, no Cobb. what a fuckin joke!

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    no Monty, no Cobb. what a fuckin joke!
    .......no qb that could get then the ball if they were playing

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    We still got Action Jackson, Spiderman Janis and the Fabulous Davis Boys.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

so a-rod has jordy (not back to 100%), adams (ready to make up for his big game last week), and some young guys that anton "doesn't have confidence in"

no running game at all

so, do we just take a knee every play and see what the D can do for us? thats pretty much how we've played all year anyways

now no Matthews. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Tanner McEvoy just threw a 40+ yd pass completion for the Seahawks on a trick play (McEvoy was playing WR, took a backwards pass from QB). Last week McEvoy made a game saving block of kick. He's also a demon on special teams. Big mistake not signing that guy to a contract as a FA. I would have drafted him.
    Ya, I had boner for McEvoy watching him play for the Badgers. He was an amazing open field runner, and a guy that tall who excels at safety is a freak. If the Badgers had committed to developing him as a WR, his natural position, he would have been a high draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    now no Matthews. lol
    Has he been playing this year anyway? 😊

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Football Perspective ‏@fbgchase 5m5 minutes ago
    Calvin Pryor, the cure for the common pass offense.

I would boast more, but a lot of long passes have gone right by Ha-Ha while he was deep safety.
    I get the impression that HaHa still feels like he's in college, playing with his jersey halfway up his torso.

In all honesty, I'll be surprised if HHCD reups with the Packers. I have nothing to go on, but I think he'll bolt for a more glamorous town as soon as he can. Maybe it's the Eddie Murphy in him...
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    The over-the-air broadcasts tend to be ahead of the TV, and are therefore useless unless you are a glutton for punishment.

Streaming radio tends to be 5 or slightly more seconds behind the TV, and that works out pretty well, since the analysis is what you want.

The WTMJ streaming website sometimes is overwhelmed during games.

I have a top secret alternate link that works in my ServeStream app. You, and only you, may use it.
    http://provisioning.streamtheworld.c.../WTMJAMAAC.pls
    I went with WTMJ, they were about 30 seconds behind TV.