Thread: Joe Haden

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar

Joe Haden

Not sure if it's a good idea to wake up a hibernating polar bear in nature, but somebody has gotta wake up the hibernating Polar Bear immediately. Trade deadline is Tuesday.

(Note: Female polar bears do hibernate when pregnant; Thompson is hibernating, awaiting the births of wally rookies in the spring.)

Haden missed the last 2 or 3 games with a groin injury, an injury that has infected plenty of Packers corners this season, but he should be alright this week and in the future.

Mike Sherman, ingeniously, once traded a 2nd rounder for a little known corner named Al Harris. With the Packers, Harris became a shutdown corner. A 2nd rounder should be good enough to outbid the Panthers for Haden's service.

Shields might not ball again. Gunter's a poor man's General Sherman. Rollins' a poor man's Revis Island. Randall is an undisciplined motherfucker. Hyde is an abomination. Goodson's a voodoo.

Haden, currently a lockdown corner, could morph into a shutdown corner in Green and Gold. Do it, Polar Bear!
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Haden's play has reportedly declined and his salary is way too high for GB. Would you take on his $14M cap value for 2016 and his $14M for 2017 if that prevented you from re-signing Perry and Tretter?

2015 $ 8,300,000 $ 2,800,000 $ 100,000 $ 11,200,000
    2016 $ 10,100,000 $ 2,800,000 $ 100,000 $ 13,000,000
    2017 $ 11,100,000 $ 2,800,000 $ 100,000 $ 14,000,000
    2018 $ 11,100,000 $ 2,800,000 $ 100,000 $ 14,000,000
    2019 $ 10,400,000 $ - $ 100,000 $ 10,500,000

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Not sure if it's a good idea to wake up a hibernating polar bear in nature, but somebody has gotta wake up the hibernating Polar Bear immediately. Trade deadline is Tuesday.

(Note: Female polar bears do hibernate when pregnant; Thompson is hibernating, awaiting the births of wally rookies in the spring.)

Haden missed the last 2 or 3 games with a groin injury, an injury that has infected plenty of Packers corners this season, but he should be alright this week and in the future.

Mike Sherman, ingeniously, once traded a 2nd rounder for a little known corner named Al Harris. With the Packers, Harris became a shutdown corner. A 2nd rounder should be good enough to outbid the Panthers for Haden's service.

Shields might not ball again. Gunter's a poor man's General Sherman. Rollins' a poor man's Revis Island. Randall is an undisciplined motherfucker. Hyde is an abomination. Goodson's a voodoo.

Haden, currently a lockdown corner, could morph into a shutdown corner in Green and Gold. Do it, Polar Bear!
    BORING

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Haden's play has reportedly declined and his salary is way too high for GB. Would you take on his $14M cap value for 2016 and his $14M for 2017 if that prevented you from re-signing Perry and Tretter?

2015 $ 8,300,000 $ 2,800,000 $ 100,000 $ 11,200,000
    2016 $ 10,100,000 $ 2,800,000 $ 100,000 $ 13,000,000
    2017 $ 11,100,000 $ 2,800,000 $ 100,000 $ 14,000,000
    2018 $ 11,100,000 $ 2,800,000 $ 100,000 $ 14,000,000
    2019 $ 10,400,000 $ - $ 100,000 $ 10,500,000
    If Samwise calls it a career, Packers would only be paying $4M more to Haden. Plus, cap's gonna go up next season by 10-20 M. And Thompson can always cook the cap.

Shields' a good corner but he ain't lockdown good with shutdown potential. Haden would be an upgrade over Shields, although I would be extremely jolly with both as Packers.

When Sherman ingeniously traded for Harris, Harris was in his late 20's. When C-Wood fell into Thompson's lap - Prime Time said Wood was done; Bucs wanted to move him to saftey - Wood was in his late 20's. Haden's in his late 20's. The math favors Haden becoming the next great Packer shutdown corner.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    BORING
    Boring is that 6-6 tie-game.

The great Bob McGinn disagrees.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...ball/92815204/

If Samwise calls it a career, Packers would only be paying $4M more to Haden. Plus, cap's gonna go up next season by 10-20 M. And Thompson can always cook the cap.

Shields' a good corner but he ain't lockdown good with shutdown potential. Haden would be an upgrade over Shields, although I would be extremely jolly with both as Packers.

When Sherman ingeniously traded for Harris, Harris was in his late 20's. When C-Wood fell into Thompson's lap - Prime Time said Wood was done; Bucs wanted to move him to saftey - Wood was in his late 20's. Haden's in his late 20's. The math favors Haden becoming the next great Packer shutdown corner.
    Yeah, right after they trade TJ Lang and his expiring contract for 2 D1s, right? This ain't Madden.

Blog Entries
    Check Hoosier's post above, Tank.

Haden can't provide the play on the field that is worth that investment in dollars.

Joe Haden played 5 games in '15 and was placed on IR with a concussion.

He's played 4 games in '16 with a groin pull.

We've got some guys with those problems right now.

You never played ball, so you don't understand any of this "lockdown" 'shutdown' bullshit.

Haden was a great corner a couple years back, but there are quite a few CBs who reach the zenith of their career by age 25 and then quickly fall off into obscurity. Whether Haden is one of those guys is difficult to tell...considering his recent spate of injuries and the lousy team he plays for.

I'm sure Thompson would consider him if the contract wasn't an issue. Haden has one of the highest cap numbers in all of football...I know Revis makes more as a CB, but I believe Haden is #2...or very close to it. I can't see any NFL team making a move for Haden right now with that contract and his lack of production on the field in the last 2 years.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Haden was a great corner a couple years back, but there are quite a few CBs who reach the zenith of their career by age 25 and then quickly fall off into obscurity. Whether Haden is one of those guys is difficult to tell...considering his recent spate of injuries and the lousy team he plays for.

I'm sure Thompson would consider him if the contract wasn't an issue. Haden has one of the highest cap numbers in all of football...I know Revis makes more as a CB, but I believe Haden is #2...or very close to it. I can't see any NFL team making a move for Haden right now with that contract and his lack of production on the field in the last 2 years.
    Chucky Woodson missed the last 3 games of the 2014 season with a leg injury. Next season, he missed 10 games with a broken leg. Production was down. Many clown NFL scouts thought Wood had lost a step. "Neon" Deion Sanders said Wood was washed up. At the Super Bowl, Deion was interviewing Wood and Wood was like, "didn't you say I was over the hill?"

I sense a parallel career path between Wood and Haden.

Sheilds not even a lockdown corner and Ted's paying him $10 M/yr. 4 M more for a lockdown corner with shutdown potential looks like a bargain to me. And forget about learning Capers' "complex" scheme this late in the season. Capers' D nowadays pretty much is man, man, and more man. Haden coulda signed Saturday night and he wouldn't miss a beat Sunday afternoon against the Falconers.

Trade deadline is approaching.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    You never played ball, so you don't understand any of this "lockdown" 'shutdown' bullshit.
    Back in the days, I held Darren Charles to 1 catch for 16 yards for an entire game. And that's only b/c I slipped. Charles ran a 5 yard slant, I slipped, and since I didn't like to tackle (Prime Time was my hero), I was more than happy letting the saftey make the tackle some 11 yards down field.

Joe Johnson

Back in the days, I held Darren Charles to 1 catch for 16 yards for an entire game. And that's only b/c I slipped. Charles ran a 5 yard slant, I slipped, and since I didn't like to tackle (Prime Time was my hero), I was more than happy letting the saftey make the tackle some 11 yards down field.
    You still don't his real name, do ya sonny?