Thread: Joe Haden

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Haden was a great corner a couple years back, but there are quite a few CBs who reach the zenith of their career by age 25 and then quickly fall off into obscurity. Whether Haden is one of those guys is difficult to tell...considering his recent spate of injuries and the lousy team he plays for.

I'm sure Thompson would consider him if the contract wasn't an issue. Haden has one of the highest cap numbers in all of football...I know Revis makes more as a CB, but I believe Haden is #2...or very close to it. I can't see any NFL team making a move for Haden right now with that contract and his lack of production on the field in the last 2 years.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Haden was a great corner a couple years back, but there are quite a few CBs who reach the zenith of their career by age 25 and then quickly fall off into obscurity. Whether Haden is one of those guys is difficult to tell...considering his recent spate of injuries and the lousy team he plays for.

I'm sure Thompson would consider him if the contract wasn't an issue. Haden has one of the highest cap numbers in all of football...I know Revis makes more as a CB, but I believe Haden is #2...or very close to it. I can't see any NFL team making a move for Haden right now with that contract and his lack of production on the field in the last 2 years.
    Chucky Woodson missed the last 3 games of the 2014 season with a leg injury. Next season, he missed 10 games with a broken leg. Production was down. Many clown NFL scouts thought Wood had lost a step. "Neon" Deion Sanders said Wood was washed up. At the Super Bowl, Deion was interviewing Wood and Wood was like, "didn't you say I was over the hill?"

I sense a parallel career path between Wood and Haden.

Sheilds not even a lockdown corner and Ted's paying him $10 M/yr. 4 M more for a lockdown corner with shutdown potential looks like a bargain to me. And forget about learning Capers' "complex" scheme this late in the season. Capers' D nowadays pretty much is man, man, and more man. Haden coulda signed Saturday night and he wouldn't miss a beat Sunday afternoon against the Falconers.

Trade deadline is approaching.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.