Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but...
A team can bring back a player it has waived injured if it reaches an injury settlement with that player to make him a free agent. The rule as I understand it is the waiving team has to wait three weeks beyond the negotiated settlement recovery time before that player can return to his previous team.
If that's true, this could be buying time on Abby by switching out a hurt WR for a bigger, presumably fresher one. Maybe they felt Allison has more upside, or that he'd hold up better with his size. Maybe this is a Belichickian move to keep the WRs on their toes. No idea. But if another WR gets hurt they could in theory bring back Abby in a few weeks.

I don't think that will happen. I also agree the expiration date on Janis is approaching...he better learn the offense and route-running very soon.
Could be a 4 week mini-IR. If he is hurt, the chances of him landing somewhere else go down. Depends a lot on Allison.

If he didn't play this year because of injuries, then perhaps this happens. But if he lost chances on PR, KR and offense to other players while healthy, I wouldn't expect him back.