Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Abbrederis Released by Packers

Abbrederis Released by Packers

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
    The #Packers have negotiated an injury settlement with WR Jared Abbrederis. He will be subject to waivers. His career as a Packer is over.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

well...too bad but i'm not shocked. janis is next.

I"ll bet he is disappointed he is no longer on the roster of the team he grew up rooting for. Perhaps he can find a spot on another team out there.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    If it wasn't for the Wisconsin connection, we'd have lost patience with Abby a while ago. I predict Geronimo Allison will make us forget Abby in a hurry...IF they allow Allison to play. He reminds me of Driver. As for Janis, I'm with Patler. Give him another year or so, then bye-bye if he still doesn't get it.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Geronimo Allison reminds me of Ruvell Martin. Abbrederis is Jeff Query.

Well. This is a surprise to no-one on this board, with a couple of exceptions. Thanks, Abby, you were a nice story but the genes just weren't there.

My only concern with this is the direction M3 is taking the offense. Abby was hurt, so perhaps he couldn't help much now anyway, but he could get open quickly and run good routes. Also be where the QB needed him to be.

I wonder if portends fewer changes for the offense. On the other hand, without him, they might have to start get imaginative.

Basically I got nothing here. Back to you Al and Chris.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Any changes on offense will require a change of coach, I'm afraid....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but...
    A team can bring back a player it has waived injured if it reaches an injury settlement with that player to make him a free agent. The rule as I understand it is the waiving team has to wait three weeks beyond the negotiated settlement recovery time before that player can return to his previous team.
    If that's true, this could be buying time on Abby by switching out a hurt WR for a bigger, presumably fresher one. Maybe they felt Allison has more upside, or that he'd hold up better with his size. Maybe this is a Belichickian move to keep the WRs on their toes. No idea. But if another WR gets hurt they could in theory bring back Abby in a few weeks.

I don't think that will happen. I also agree the expiration date on Janis is approaching...he better learn the offense and route-running very soon.

Blog Entries
    There will be a mourning period in the house of Bretsky. Best of Luck Sweet Abby.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Geronimo Allison reminds me of Ruvell Martin. Abbrederis is Jeff Query.
    Abbrederis is nothing like Query. Query was more like Don Beebe.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Blog Entries
    Alas poor Abby, we were all pullin' like hell for ya.

He had NFL hands, brain and work ethic, but just doesn't have the NFL body.

If they could only do a Dr Frankenstein deal.

Put Abby on one slab and Janis on the other and do a brain switch...

Tough break for the try hard kid from Wautoma.

Run, it'd be 6 weeks from the settlement date B4 we could have Abby on the roster.
    Last edited by KYPack; 10-27-2016 at 09:36 PM.

Eh, I think he never really got a fair shake. He had a pretty good camp. He'll probably latch on somewhere and have a nice 5 year career.

I never did think this would work out, because he would be injured all the time, hang around for 3-4 years while playing very little, then be gone.
    Too bad. Could have been a nice story.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Eh, I think he never really got a fair shake. He had a pretty good camp. He'll probably latch on somewhere and have a nice 5 year career.
    It's hard to give a guy opportunities when he can't go more than a few games without being injured. He had a decent chance last year, was playing a fair amount ahead of Janis, then was injured against Detroit and missed two games. Pro sports teams don't wait for players very long.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    It's hard to give a guy opportunities when he can't go more than a few games without being injured. He had a decent chance last year, was playing a fair amount ahead of Janis, then was injured against Detroit and missed two games. Pro sports teams don't wait for players very long.
    Based on the preseason, I thought they were grooming Abby to be the primary punt and kick returner. Then he seemed to disappear. I guess injuries derailed that opportunity as well.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

(Shrug)

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but...
    A team can bring back a player it has waived injured if it reaches an injury settlement with that player to make him a free agent. The rule as I understand it is the waiving team has to wait three weeks beyond the negotiated settlement recovery time before that player can return to his previous team.
    If that's true, this could be buying time on Abby by switching out a hurt WR for a bigger, presumably fresher one. Maybe they felt Allison has more upside, or that he'd hold up better with his size. Maybe this is a Belichickian move to keep the WRs on their toes. No idea. But if another WR gets hurt they could in theory bring back Abby in a few weeks.

I don't think that will happen. I also agree the expiration date on Janis is approaching...he better learn the offense and route-running very soon.
    Could be a 4 week mini-IR. If he is hurt, the chances of him landing somewhere else go down. Depends a lot on Allison.

If he didn't play this year because of injuries, then perhaps this happens. But if he lost chances on PR, KR and offense to other players while healthy, I wouldn't expect him back.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Abbrederis is nothing like Query. Query was more like Don Beebe.
    Abby isn't fast enough to be Don Beebe.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Abby isn't fast enough to be Don Beebe.
    Abbrederis = Brett Swain.

Don't say I didn't warn y'all when Abby is a-rockin' the league in New England. He's the type of receiver the Pats like - undersized, slow but quick, and, with respect to Mr. Troy Brown and Mr. Deion Branch, of the Aryan race.

As for Janis, he ain't going anywhere. Janis is the Pack's best gunner since Bush. The Great Arm of Butte needs to stop worrying that J-Jan might end up taking J-Nel's job and just throw the fuckin' rock at Janis!
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.