Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Abbrederis Released by Packers

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Abby isn't fast enough to be Don Beebe.
    4.2 40...we could use a guy like him NOW.

Abby coulda shoulda been Antonio Freeman. Not real big or fast, but a good route runner who can get open and use his athleticism and good hands to make plays. I think it is injuries that kept Abby down, and maybe now out.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fuck, now you groupie hoes have to root for da black WR.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    They make those?
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Abby isn't fast enough to be Don Beebe.
    I said Query was like Don Beebe--which is nothing like Abby. Those guys were two of the fastest players in NFL history. Abby has average speed.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    We still got 2 honkie WR's. Better than the league average, I'll bet.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Jeff Janis puttin' on his eyeblack.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Maxie is sentimental about his vaudeville days. What an act. "How I love you, how I love you, my dear old Swannee!"

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Maxie is sentimental about his vaudeville days. What an act. "How I love you, how I love you, my dear old Swannee!"
    For two weeks in November of 1913 I actually opened for Jolson at the Rialto in Peoria.

That's my brother Boyd on the right.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

In your full makeup you looked a lot like Obama.

There's nothing sadder that two brothers torn apart by a woman. Sorry for painful reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but...
    A team can bring back a player it has waived injured if it reaches an injury settlement with that player to make him a free agent. The rule as I understand it is the waiving team has to wait three weeks beyond the negotiated settlement recovery time before that player can return to his previous team.
    If that's true, this could be buying time on Abby by switching out a hurt WR for a bigger, presumably fresher one. Maybe they felt Allison has more upside, or that he'd hold up better with his size. Maybe this is a Belichickian move to keep the WRs on their toes. No idea. But if another WR gets hurt they could in theory bring back Abby in a few weeks.

I don't think that will happen. I also agree the expiration date on Janis is approaching...he better learn the offense and route-running very soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Could be a 4 week mini-IR. If he is hurt, the chances of him landing somewhere else go down. Depends a lot on Allison.

If he didn't play this year because of injuries, then perhaps this happens. But if he lost chances on PR, KR and offense to other players while healthy, I wouldn't expect him back.

For those hoping this was a mini-IR move with Abbrederis, Silverstein has reported that Abbrederishe negotiated a 4 week injury settlement for his injury. I believe the additional period in which the Packers are prohibited from resigning him is 6 weeks after the settlement period. That would seem to mean he could be resigned for the playoffs, but not before.

Banjo received a 3 week settlement.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...arks/93625844/
    Last edited by Patler; 11-11-2016 at 05:48 AM.