Thread: Isn't it time for a new Packer HC ?

Isn't it time for a new Packer HC ?

There is no doubt that a shell of the former preseason Super Bowl favorite Packers showed up to play Vs Indy this past Sunday and that poor act Packer Nation witnessed on Home Field.

HC Mike McCarthy resumed play calling duties again last season after he deemed that Tom Clements wasn't suitable in spite of strong criticism following the 2014 Exit from the Playoffs in Seattle. Many in Packer Nation were elated when MM restructured the offensive leadership, electing a bigger picture feel for his own leadership.

Remember the criticisms? His plays were stale and predictable. No killer instinct. Short pass, short pass, and a Kuhn run for three yards.

Is head coach Mike McCarthy part of the problem? Isn' t it deja vu all over again. The Green Bay Packers preseason Super Bowl Favourites prior to the 2015 and again this 2016 season.

Are you really surprized that not much has changed.

Stubborn to a fault

McCarthy’s Achilles’ heel may not be his actual play calling, per se, but rather his approach to change. He’s stubborn to a fault, often at the detriment of making the appropriate adjustments. At times, he is so committed to a pre-determined set of plays and formations regardless of the efficacy of the set of plays. It’s in print, so it is hard and fast.

If he has predetermined that the pass is going to win the game, the running game vanishes into the woodwork. If he’s mad at a RB for dropping the ball because those who drop the ball must be punished even if it means Rodgers gets pummeled all the more with no running game.

Instead of making the offense less predictable, when things go wrong, he boils it down to a few plays that he tries to use over and over again as if he’s trying to pound a square peg through a round hole even if it’s not working.

Scratch the surface, and it appears the risks of McCarthy’s stubbornness are starting to outstrip any possible benefit. Couple that with what looks like authoritarian moves to maintain control, and it begs the question:

Has McCarthy lost the locker room?

Do many of the issues stem from McCarthy himself. A coach in control of his team doesn’t need to rule with punishment and benchings. A coach in control of the situation doesn’t lash out at the press for asking fairly pedestrian questions.

Former tight end Mark Chmura has tweeted in the past that that Aaron Rodgers didn’t fear Mike McCarthy enough.

But is that the right approach? Is fear what is really needed. Fear tends to be a product of a dysfunctional relationship whether it is in a family or at work. And it is also very dysfunctional when it comes to a team atmosphere. Fear does not equate respect. In fact, it is the antithesis of respect. It doesn’t make a team better or a coach stronger. Fear creates divide, hard feelings and animosity.

Could the opposite problem be true? Is the issue not that Rodgers doesn’t fear his head coach? At this point does McCarthy have anything left to offer as trust erodes from the team and dissent brews as a product of his territorial and stubborn behavior.

Note the above is taken by editing this original article:

http://packerstalk.com/2015/12/30/is...ffensive-woes/

It's my observation it's the same ole story again this season. I feel strongly that the Mike McCarthy Era will in fact end before the conclusion of or at least after this season. We deserve to see the Spirit of wearing a Green Bay Packer uniform return.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Read this article if you have time and care about the present state of the Green Bay Packers.

http://archive.jsonline.com/sports/p...366325731.html

and this one:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/m...t-fired-101716
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

A little old, but we had this thread recently. You can probably still vote. http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...AR-END-I-WOULD

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    A little old, but we had this thread recently. You can probably still vote. http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...AR-END-I-WOULD
    OK Thanks....I voted with the majority.

Now I'll turn my attention to a more important voting matter. Your election of your next President.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    OK Thanks....I voted with the majority.

Now I'll turn my attention to a more important voting matter. Your election of your next President.
    Colin Krapernick cared so much about the future of this country he didn't even bother to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Colin Krapernick cared so much about the future of this country he didn't even bother to vote.
    Who are all these non-voters? I don't get that at all. Vote for crying out loud - no matter what candidate!
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Former tight end Mark Chmura has tweeted in the past that that Aaron Rodgers didn’t fear Mike McCarthy enough.

But is that the right approach? Is fear what is really needed. Fear tends to be a product of a dysfunctional relationship whether it is in a family or at work. And it is also very dysfunctional when it comes to a team atmosphere. Fear does not equate respect. In fact, it is the antithesis of respect. It doesn’t make a team better or a coach stronger. Fear creates divide, hard feelings and animosity.
    Seriously, how many multi-MVP QB's still in or near their prime fear their coach? They aren't going to get cut, benched or traded, so what do they need to fear. As long QB respects the coach and does what is expected then all is good, at least on that front.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

It seems like the first post in this thread lurches into the right conclusion but for the wrong reasons.

It IS mostly about McCarthy's play calling, and saying he or any coach should be somebody Aaron Rodgers "fears" is just plain ridiculous. I wouldn't give a shit about McCarthy's stubbornness if he wasn't so wrongheaded in his play calling, etc. McCarthy's biggest fault may be that he tries his damnedest to take the ball out of his superstar QB's hands.

I doubt firing McCarthy do much good because they likely would just hire somebody similarly prone to unimaginative offense. The problem would be compounded if Capers was gone, as his scheming makes up for having fairly mediocre D personnel.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?