Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Week 8 Other Games Thread

Week 8 Other Games Thread

Jaguars getting destroyed in Nashville. I think we can officially put to bed the narrative that the Packers beat a good team week 1. One of the 3 or 4 worst teams in football. At least those other teams play hard. Jags look listless. Gus Bradley may not have a job tomorrow.

The Jaguars uniforms were so ugly they had no chance of winning.

Jacksonville vs. Tennessee. A perfect matchup for Thursday night football. It's the NFL equivalent of Colorado Rockies at San Diego: thank god for the 10:30 pm Eastern start time.

The Jags are playing a hell of lot worse than they did in week 1. That team is a mess.

The Jags are now 0-10 when Bortles throws for over 300 yards in his career. What a bizarre stat.

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    The Jags are now 0-10 when Bortles throws for over 300 yards in his career. What a bizarre stat.
    Is is really? I remember a stat that teams have a better record when they have a 100 yard rusher than when they have a 300 yard passer. That was a while ago and probably isn't true anymore, but I bet it is still a meaningful thing to look at.

The truth is the Jags haven't been a winning franchise in some time, and Bortles 'benefits' from garbage time stats. PFT published his career numbers by quarter, and they tell a story

Code:
    First quarter: 1,598 yards, 4 touchdowns
    Second quarter: 2,356 yards, 15 touchdowns
    Third quarter: 1,912 yards, 13 touchdowns
    Fourth quarter: 3,364 yards 26 touchdowns
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    The Jags are playing a hell of lot worse than they did in week 1. That team is a mess.
    They finally fired their OC. Perhaps they should have fired their GM for assembling this mess with all those high picks...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Is is really? I remember a stat that teams have a better record when they have a 100 yard rusher than when they have a 300 yard passer. That was a while ago and probably isn't true anymore, but I bet it is still a meaningful thing to look at.

The truth is the Jags haven't been a winning franchise in some time, and Bortles 'benefits' from garbage time stats. PFT published his career numbers by quarter, and they tell a story

Code:
    First quarter: 1,598 yards, 4 touchdowns
    Second quarter: 2,356 yards, 15 touchdowns
    Third quarter: 1,912 yards, 13 touchdowns
    Fourth quarter: 3,364 yards 26 touchdowns
    When PFT published those, I wondered how they compared to the average, but no one posted those.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Cleveland close to becoming a City of Champions (Cavs, maybe Indians). But the Browns still need some help.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Cleveland close to becoming a City of Champions (Cavs, maybe Indians). But the Browns still need some help.

LOL, oops.

Saints are pushing the Sea Hags pretty hard.

Newton had his leg rolled pretty good.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    And Pete Carroll is still a dick.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Amari Cooper is a monster. Damn.... Derek Carr is top tier too.

Saints are toughest in the NFL at home.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Raiders-Bucs a good one.

What did Pete do? Steal someone else's gum? Whine? Moan incessantly?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Yes.

Bought a USC player a car for old time's sake.

Well...the Vikings have spotted the Bears 13 points. They better get their crap together quick.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Well...the Vikings have spotted the Bears 13 points. They better get their crap together quick.
    This might be my last post. I am strongly considering muting the tv and poking out my eyes.