Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Week 8 Other Games Thread

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Well...the Vikings have spotted the Bears 13 points. They better get their crap together quick.
    The Vikings OL is terrible. I don't know if Bradford can survive the season playing behind these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    This might be my last post. I am strongly considering muting the tv and poking out my eyes.
    They are doing a fair impersonation of the Seahawks right now.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Cleveland close to becoming a City of Champions (Cavs, maybe Indians). But the Browns still need some help.
    If the Indians win the World Series, can a Browns Lombardi Trophy be far behind?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    If the Indians win the World Series, can a Browns Lombardi Trophy be far behind?
    Yes. Very far behind.

See Lions, Detroit.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Even with our issues, the division is totally winnable with MN playing how they have.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Somehow, winning the division cause everybody else is shit is not quite as satisfying......but I'll take it.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    How did Jordan Howard not get picked till the 5th round in the draft? If he can stay healthy, he's going to be a real force to be reckoned with. Runs hard.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Blog Entries
    Yeah he looked really good didn't he?

The Vikings o-line is a mess. Good for Jake Long for collecting a paycheck but he should have stayed retired. Clemmings on the right side was/is no better. Chicken Legs Bradford is gonna get splintered.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Norv Turner resigns as the Vikes OC.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...turner-resigns

Perhaps the Vikes offense starts getting better. But that OL is still a mess.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Guys, Im having trouble dealing with my emotions right now. Im glad the vikings lost due top standings, but it means the bears won. So am I happy the bears won? And if so where can I go for confession to wipe this guilt away...

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Guys, Im having trouble dealing with my emotions right now. Im glad the vikings lost due top standings, but it means the bears won. So am I happy the bears won? And if so where can I go for confession to wipe this guilt away...
    A pilgrimage to Lambeau for a day in the Packer HoF would be a good start.

You lament that the road team didn't win in a Divisional matchup without the Packers.

You make yourself some comfort food while realizing that the Vikings losing anywhere was good for your soul and the Packers.

Since the Bears aren't going anywhere this year you can be happy they won, reducing the chance of being able to draft a franchise QB.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Norv Turner resigns as the Vikes OC.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...turner-resigns

Perhaps the Vikes offense starts getting better. But that OL is still a mess.
    Norv was apparently ill and did not tell anyone.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 38s38 seconds ago
    #Vikings coach Mike Zimmer says why Turner is returning is “personal.” Says he was “very, very surprised. … He didn’t tell me he was ill.”

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Since the Bears aren't going anywhere this year you can be happy they won, reducing the chance of being able to draft a franchise QB.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Ahhh, music to my ears!!! excellent logic!

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Norv was apparently ill and did not tell anyone.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 38s38 seconds ago
    #Vikings coach Mike Zimmer says why Turner is returning is “personal.” Says he was “very, very surprised. … He didn’t tell me he was ill.”
    That Vikings offense would make any offensive coordinator sick.

Seriously, I am sorry to hear that he is ill. He's been a very able OC for a long time. He got a lot of praise during the Packer/Viking game for his ability to adjust the offense on the fly for Bradford.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

In case you had not noticed, Alex Smith from KC was removed from the game Sunday after hitting his head on the turf. Was out a good long while as they did a concussion test. He eventually passed and came back in. Hit his head again and came out of game. Team announced that he was Out (concussion) for the game. Training staff now saying he did not have a concussion, but they were still in the middle of performing the evaluation when the PR guys came for an update. They say he passed the test and did not have a concussion.

Today Smith was not at practice. The reason: Smith is in the “return to participation” protocol.

Returning from what? No one knows. http://deadspin.com/whats-going-on-w...ith-1788496386

Happy Birthday Tank!

Well, I'm struggling today - the Lions play the Vikings. Despite the offensive mess the Vikes are in, to my mind they have a better team than Detroit does, and so are a greater threat to GB. Thus I ought to be rooting for the Lions.

But so scarred was I by idiotic Lions' fans back in the early nineties when the irrepressible Wayne Fontes lead the Lions to an NFCCG that I cannot bring myself to root for them.

That, and the fact that Ras is (despite his love of the Vikings) one of the better posters on Packerrats, leads me to quietly cheer when the Vikes sack Matthew Stafford or pick off one of his throws.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack