Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30

Thread: Official Packers Falcons Game Day Thread

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Yup, when your QB completes almost 75% of his passes throws for 240+ and 4 TDs and on top of that scrambles for another 60 yards and a 2 point conversion and gets you a come from behind 6 point lead with under 4 minutes left it definitely was his fault and he is a stat padding choke artist.

Let's put this loss where it belongs, squarely on the D who was playing without their top 3 corners against 1 of the best passing attacks in the league.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

It's fair to put the loss on the defense in this game. Scoring 32 points should be enough to win a game. Rodgers may be the only reason we were in this game when you look at all the injuries.

I decided to look a little deeper into the stats Rodgers had in each half.

It looks like he had around 175 yards passing and 26 yards rushing in the first half. That means he produced about 75 yards passing and 34 yards rushing in the second half. Those are pretty weak stats for your MVP QB, and also points to the offense not doing their job in the second half. There is a lot of blame to share on both sides of the ball for the entire second half.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    How hurt was he? They have a safety over the top, he wasn't covered by two guys on the line.

At what point do you pull that help? Packers kept almost everything to him short. Which is a win in my book.
    he didn't do anything after he twisted his ankle. on the sanu td there was a cb and safety on jones. no reason for that. he couldn't run. the safety should have stayed in a position to defend the pass to sanu. the d gets most of the blame for the loss but considering their situation i'm not that upset. like i said, i didn't expect a win here. the Pack just need to make the playoffs and get healthy in time to do something if they get in.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    he didn't do anything after he twisted his ankle. on the sanu td there was a cb and safety on jones. no reason for that. he couldn't run. the safety should have stayed in a position to defend the pass to sanu. the d gets most of the blame for the loss but considering their situation i'm not that upset. like i said, i didn't expect a win here. the Pack just need to make the playoffs and get healthy in time to do something if they get in.
    I get what you are saying, but that is a helluva call on the best WR in the game based on how you think he is feeling.

Its the fourth string CB you are pulling coverage on, after that had been the entire game plan. They were caught in a Catch 22, to devote more resources to Jones means that resources must be pulled form the front to guard the middle of the field. And when you do that, you cannot blitz to generate pressure.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I get what you are saying, but that is a helluva call on the best WR in the game based on how you think he is feeling.

Its the fourth string CB you are pulling coverage on, after that had been the entire game plan. They were caught in a Catch 22, to devote more resources to Jones means that resources must be pulled form the front to guard the middle of the field. And when you do that, you cannot blitz to generate pressure.
    goodson had pretty much shut him down from the moment jones hurt himself. just noticed from twitter that ryan said sanu wasn't his responsibility so there must have been a missed assignment.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    goodson had pretty much shut him down from the moment jones hurt himself. just noticed from twitter that ryan said sanu wasn't his responsibility so there must have been a missed assignment.
    I'd believe that, there was no one deep in middle. Burnett got caught up the field once before earlier in the game. Same play we all thought Dix was late for, but he had to come from the other side of the field.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post

I decided to look a little deeper into the stats Rodgers had in each half.

It looks like he had around 175 yards passing and 26 yards rushing in the first half. That means he produced about 75 yards passing and 34 yards rushing in the second half. Those are pretty weak stats for your MVP QB, and also points to the offense not doing their job in the second half. There is a lot of blame to share on both sides of the ball for the entire second half.
    STOP MAKING SENSE!!