Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 8 @ Falcons

More Banjo: Week 8 @ Falcons

Nelson hurt hand late, came back in to fall down.

Packers still not getting open versus man and Rodgers still waiting to throw early against it. Its better than earlier in the year, but not fixed yet.

Still might have been their best offensive showing. Defense played like it was short handed. Not enough pressure.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Nelson hurt hand late, came back in to fall down.

Packers still not getting open versus man and Rodgers still waiting to throw early against it. Its better than earlier in the year, but not fixed yet.

Still might have been their best offensive showing. Defense played like it was short handed. Not enough pressure.
    I don't see this as the their best offenseive showing. The offense could have sealed the deal by scoring more in the seond half. Only putting up one TD is also a fail.

Rodgers choked in the end.

In what game has the offense been better this year? They need to improve and they did. Wast enough, but it was better.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 20m20 minutes ago
    McCarthy: I thought Aaron was outstanding. Offensive line played well. We got a lot of production from our receivers. #GBvsATL

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 6m6 minutes ago
    Rodgers: I'm really proud of those (young WRs) who made plays today. #GBvsATL

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 4m4 minutes ago
    Rodgers on injuries: There are no excuses. We are all professionals out here & expect to play well. Proud of our guys. #GBvsATL

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 20m20 minutes ago
    McCarthy: I thought Aaron was outstanding. Offensive line played well. We got a lot of production from our receivers. #GBvsATL

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 6m6 minutes ago
    Rodgers: I'm really proud of those (young WRs) who made plays today. #GBvsATL

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 4m4 minutes ago
    Rodgers on injuries: There are no excuses. We are all professionals out here & expect to play well. Proud of our guys. #GBvsATL

Moral victories make me feel so warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Rodgers choked in the end.
    Bull shit. If Rodgers didn't play as well as he did today we would have been blown out of the Georgia Dome. A depleted secondary and not enough pressure on Ryan on their last drive is what killed us.

In what game has the offense been better this year? They need to improve and they did. Wast enough, but it was better.
    If you consider we didn't have 4 starters on offense and 2 green RBs - one who was on the PS and another who has only been in town for a little over a week - it was remarkable we were in the game at all.

The Packers fucked up not calling timeouts at end of half when ATL was down inside the five yard line. ATL burned clock and couldn't believe their luck. Was the difference, likely, between 3 pts and 7 points once GB got their hands on the ball after ATL eventually scored.

MM = FAIL at end of 1st half.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    finally, a soulmate
    I thought Maxie the Taxi was your soulmate.

Blog Entries
    Esoxx, you I'll listen to. You kicked some major ass in the Pickem.

I always believe in keeping all 3 TO's in the last two minutes.

Would we have advanced the ball as far in the last drives at the half and game with NO TO's?

I don't know.

But I'll argue about it, just to cheer myself up.

Well, when you possess the ball, you're in control of clock. You can throw down the middle and spike the ball for a quasi-time out. They would have had extra time if they had used their TO's at first and goal ATL.

When you're on D and the clock is winding and the opposing offense is glad to run it, they are burning clock.

Think MM screwed up on this one.

I did not think the use of timeouts was the issue. Atlanta's offense was doing ANYTHING they wanted to our defense in the 2nd half. Timeouts wouldn't have changed anything...Atlanta wasn't going to give us the ball back with lots of time left when they took the ball back with 4 minutes left in the game.

The issue to me was our final TD drive. The Packers used far too much clock themselves on that drive. We had 1st and 10 at the Falcon 24 with over 7 minutes left in that game...it took us 3 minutes to go 24 yards. That 3 minutes left us no time to make something happen at the end of the game when Atlanta did the predictable and dinked and dunked their way downfield in 3-4 minutes. We had to leave 5+ minutes on the clock so we stood a decent chance of getting the ball back with enough time just in case Atlanta went down and scored.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

I also don't understand going for 2 to make at a 6 point game. Yeah, I know it makes the extra point a must...but in a dome against a good kicker, even the longer extra point is going to be made 98%+ of the time.

If Green Bay fails on that 2 point conversion...and Atlanta puts up 7 points...then a FG no longer wins the game, only ties.

Unless you are in a game where wind/weather/field conditions are making the extra points much less automatic, I don't get going for 2 to make it a 6 point game there.

Talking 1st half, not 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Talking 1st half, not 2nd.
    They got a FG to end the first half, so I don't see what your point is. That everything would've been markedly different if we had another minute? Hell, in that scenario, we probably go three and out and punt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Bull shit. If Rodgers didn't play as well as he did today we would have been blown out of the Georgia Dome. A depleted secondary and not enough pressure on Ryan on their last drive is what killed us.
    Yes but he missed throws in the end when the pressure was on. Also known as choking.