Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tretter out, Linsley in

Per the Green Milwaukee Bay Journal Gazette Sentinel:

Linsley will be activated this week and start Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts because starting center JC Tretter has a knee injury that will sideline him several weeks, according to a source familiar with the injury.
    http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...tack/93169858/

Now that the team is running this pass-first O Skoo West Coast offense, it seems to me the more nimble Tretter would've been better suited to this kind of blocking.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Now that the team is running this pass-first O Skoo West Coast offense, it seems to me the more nimble Tretter would've been better suited to this kind of blocking.
    If you watch films of the old school WCO on youtube, you rarely ever see the QB line up in the shutgun, especially the Packers under Holmgren.

With Rodgers penchant for holding the ball forever, I say that Pack are a modified "run-and-shoot" offense.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    If you watch films of the old school WCO on youtube, you rarely ever see the QB line up in the shutgun, especially the Packers under Holmgren.

With Rodgers penchant for holding the ball forever, I say that Pack are now running a modified "run-and-shoot" offense.
    Except for the TE out there. And the fullback.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Except for the TE out there. And the fullback.
    Have you read Daugherty's recent column about the offense? Cook's pretty much a glorified WR. Dick Rodgers and his fat ass belong on the bench. Rip had some success against Atlanta, but I doubt it'll last now that opponents have seen the tape.

Wait til Monty gets back. Run and shoot all day, baby!
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

It will be interesting today to see how Linsley fares. Sounds like, with the Colts defensive line, he'll get a chance to knock the rust off against a very pedestrian line.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack