View Poll Results: What is our Standing after the Last Regular Season Game ??

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • We are at Least a 10-6 team and a danger in the playoffs

9 40.91%
  • We coninue to be inconsisten, finish about 8-8, and are Disappointed

9 40.91%
  • Put a Dagger in us; the fall continues and the houseclearing starts soon

4 18.18%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are we legit at Year End, or does the fall continue ??

Blog Entries

Are we legit at Year End, or does the fall continue ??

Thoughts ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

The Green Bay Packers at present is a franchise that is drowning.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    The Green Bay Packers at present is a franchise that is drowning.
    I concur
    I am better looking than you.

Nah.

They are a flawed team just like Minnesota. If either team gets their shit together and fixes the one of two things that are killing them they can throw their hat into the playoff ring.

Gonna get their shit together.
    C.H.U.D.

I think we're seeing McCarthy nearing the end as well as Capers. It's Shottenheimer all over again. 8-8 and the lions take the division.

I can easily see playoffs and missing them. I still think McCarthy has it in him to right the offense, but I have little confidence after 20 games that its going to happen in the next four games.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    We may limp into the playoffs, but I'd be shocked if we advance. GB's shtick has become stale -- boring even. Something's got to give.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Offense can't beat man coverage. MM has had over a year to fix it and hasn't come close. The schedule is weak, but so are the Packers. 8-8.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Stick a fork in them.

This team is due for significant change.

Rodgers is on a 40 td/ 10 int/ 4000+ yard pace. based on that and getting some guys back i'll say 10-6. hoping for a disaster is not in my dna although it may cross my mind.

If we get our secondary healthy we can hit 10-6. But not a playoff threat, unless they start using some man breakers. Our WR's cant beat coverage with out being schemed open.

Changes are coming but will it be the right ones? This Packers team, GM and coaches are clutching at straws.
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

This team has not been what anyone hoped, certainly on offense and now, it seems, Special Teams. But housecleaning and clutching at straws are probably not the likeliest nor the best descriptions of their chances.

Code:
    Team	DVOA	Rank	Weight	Rank	W-L	Off	Rank	Def	Rank	ST	Rank
    1PHI	27.5%	1	27.8%	1	4-4	-7.8%	23	-24.5%	1	10.8%	1
    2DAL	21.7%	2	22.3%	2	7-1	20.8%	2	-1.2%	14	-0.3%	17
    3SEA	20.6%	6	19.8%	5	5-2-1	1.6%	14	-17.7%	6	1.3%	10
    4ATL	20.4%	5	22.1%	3	6-3	24.3%	1	8.0%	24	4.1%	6
    5NE	19.3%	4	21.0%	4	7-1	18.4%	3	1.7%	18	2.6%	8
    6DEN	14.4%	3	15.2%	6	6-3	-6.0%	22	-19.8%	2	0.7%	13
    7GB	9.4%	7	9.0%	7	4-4	4.3%	11	-7.7%	7	-2.6%	22
    8MIN	8.9%	8	8.5%	9	5-3	-10.3%	25	-18.1%	4	1.1%	12
    They are the seventh ranked team in the League by DVOA. As it happens, there aren't a lot of great teams so the Packers might be one of the worst seventh ranked teams in years. But its much more important how they stack up to this year's competition.

Seventh ranked. Not efficient, not getting off the field on 3rd downs and the STs are in a bit of a meltdown. But still seventh ranked.

That is Divisional Round of playoff territory.
    Last edited by pbmax; 11-09-2016 at 12:23 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

If stubby refuses to remove his head from his rectum, they are doomed. If he actually shows some coaching flexibility, they may have a chance. Even if they make the playoffs I think they will be one and done.

Obviously - to me anyway, the Packers are still way better than their current record. That and the fact that the upcoming schedule is so damn easy make for a regular record of 12-4, 11-5, or at very worse 10-6.

The gigantic pisser is that winning out like that will perpetuate the McCarthy/Thompson era with its shitty play calling and overall shoddy job of building a supporting cast to Aaron Rodgers. The degree of success we probably will have will tend to justify the current non-maximizing of the quality and performance of the team while we still have Aaron Rodgers in or near his prime - a clear case of Good being the enemy of Great. Oh well, we can cry all the way to the Super Bowl.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

^ So Tex, its your contentions that the Packers are a 4 or 8 games above five hundred team with bad play calling and a bad roster?

Its all Aaron Rodgers? Was it Aaron when the defense was bailing him out earlier this season?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    This team has not been what anyone hoped, certainly on offense and now, it seems, Special Teams. But housecleaning and clutching at straws are probably not the likeliest nor the best descriptions of their chances.

Code:
    Team	DVOA	Rank	Weight	Rank	W-L	Off	Rank	Def	Rank	ST	Rank
    1PHI	27.5%	1	27.8%	1	4-4	-7.8%	23	-24.5%	1	10.8%	1
    2DAL	21.7%	2	22.3%	2	7-1	20.8%	2	-1.2%	14	-0.3%	17
    3SEA	20.6%	6	19.8%	5	5-2-1	1.6%	14	-17.7%	6	1.3%	10
    4ATL	20.4%	5	22.1%	3	6-3	24.3%	1	8.0%	24	4.1%	6
    5NE	19.3%	4	21.0%	4	7-1	18.4%	3	1.7%	18	2.6%	8
    6DEN	14.4%	3	15.2%	6	6-3	-6.0%	22	-19.8%	2	0.7%	13
    7GB	9.4%	7	9.0%	7	4-4	4.3%	11	-7.7%	7	-2.6%	22
    8MIN	8.9%	8	8.5%	9	5-3	-10.3%	25	-18.1%	4	1.1%	12
    They are the seventh ranked team in the League by DVOA. As it happens, there aren't a lot of great teams so the Packers might be one of the worst seventh ranked teams in years. But its much more important how they stack up to this year's competition.

Seventh ranked. Not efficient, not getting off the field on 3rd downs and the STs are in a bit of a meltdown. But still seventh ranked.

That is Divisional Round of playoff territory.
    And #1 is a 4-4 team.

It doesn't hurt from the DVOA standpoint that 3 of those losses came down to a difference of 1-2 plays or that 3 of their losses also came to top 8 DVOA teams (Min is 8th).

It also seem like everyone in the league outside of New England and Cleveland are destined to finish around .500.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    And #1 is a 4-4 team.

It doesn't hurt from the DVOA standpoint that 3 of those losses came down to a difference of 1-2 plays or that 3 of their losses also came to top 8 DVOA teams (Min is 8th).

It also seem like everyone in the league outside of New England and Cleveland are destined to finish around .500.
    somebody needs to break up Hoody Genius and Hoody Genius Jr
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I don't think it'll be any of those options. They are limping along now. Hit or Miss. They'll get a little bit better when some more starters get healthy and/or the backups get better. Then they'll toy with the playoffs and maybe make it, but either way the pinnacle will pretty much be to try to play spoiler to somebody. We're good enough to rise up once and put a scare into any team, but that's about it. Not enough consistency in any phase of the game to do any more than that. After that it'll be back to hoping we hit lightning in a bottle for next year.

We just don't have the consistency of a team like the Patriots. I don't know how they do it, but we can't replicate it. It's not even Tom Brady really. They were able to maintain consistent winning even without him although I'm sure he makes it much easier. We've got the QB, but it's just not enough. You can't rely only on big plays by 1 or 2 players to win consistently in this league. We won't be the bears, but right now we can't be anything more than a playoff spoiler either. I't's definitely better than the 80's when we were struggling like the bears are now, but in a different way, it still gets boring and frustrating after a while. You can already see how it's going to end.