Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 NFL draft thread

Matt Miller‏ @nfldraftscout 4m4 minutes ago
    Low 4.5s are the times coming in on Dalvin Cook's pro day 40 time.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He's not saying Lang is average, He flatly states is going to be hard to find a CB to take Shields place or duplicate Pro Bowl performance at Guard again. But finding a guard is easier than a #1 corner. Just look at the salaries.

He is complaining that Red's list of gigantic gaping holes has grown to 4.
    Thanks PB. That's exactly what I was saying. Other than Lang and Shields our losses have been average at best. Yet to read that some folks think the sky is falling is humorous.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    I do find it amusing all these average type players we're losing are leaving such gapping holes to fill. What was the number? 4 huge holes to fill? I'll give you Shields and a partial on Lang. Yes Lang is a Pro Bowler but he does play the easiest position to fill on the O-line. By rule, if the player is average, filling his position shouldn't be considered a big hole.
    We need STARTERS at guard, and RB. And a #1 cb, and a #3 pass rusher to replace peppers

The guard we lost was one of the best in the NFL, the entire was way above average although most packer fans are now shitting on him that he's gone, and peppers was above average

Those are self inflicted wounds and hole that didn't need to be there. WE HAVE THE CAP SPACE

The only massive hole that we had no control over was #1 cab

If you think we can replace those 4 spots (with competent) players in this draft alone, you're delusional

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Yes, the only real hole right now IMO is OG. RB is a position where a rookie can make an immediate impact for us.
    Some teams have hit on some guys who are immediate players at RB, I don't think we've had that kind of luck over the years, and RB overall has a very high bust rate

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Some teams have hit on some guys who are immediate players at RB, I don't think we've had that kind of luck over the years, and RB overall has a very high bust rate
    Lacy won OROY. Was that immediate enough? Too bad he ate his way off this team.

Also Franklin had some real signs of promise before breaking his neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Also Franklin had some real signs of promise before breaking his neck.
    True true. Damn the luck GB has had with losing young talent to neck injuries. Fin and Nick, Franklin and a promising WR from awhile back off the top of my head. Damn shame.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    True true. Damn the luck GB has had with losing young talent to neck injuries. Fin and Nick, Franklin and a promising WR from awhile back off the top of my head. Damn shame.
    Murphy.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

We need STARTERS at guard, and RB. And a #1 cb, and a #3 pass rusher to replace peppers

The guard we lost was one of the best in the NFL, the entire was way above average although most packer fans are now shitting on him that he's gone, and peppers was above average

Those are self inflicted wounds and hole that didn't need to be there. WE HAVE THE CAP SPACE

The only massive hole that we had no control over was #1 cab

If you think we can replace those 4 spots (with competent) players in this draft alone, you're delusional
    Lang likely will be replaced by someone on the roster right now. I think they could maneuver spriggs around, it might be patrick, or maybe even Barclay can be a functional guard if he focuses on just that.

Montgomery was a better RB than Lacy last year. We need to adjust the offense so instead of asking him to pass block we use him as an outlet if teams blitz. And again, its a deep RB draft.

Peppers will hurt an already hurting D. I think losing hyde hurts. Again, we hope some guys step up like Fackrell and Elliiot. We hope we draft a CB in a deep draft to replace hyde. The big deal is that we don't have a true #1 CB. Doubtful we draft a shields ready player. That means we need a healthy Clay, and draft a good edge rusher in the 1st so we can compensate for our lack of 1 elite CB.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

That's what everyone was thinking when Sitton left.

The current rosters has Murphy, Spriggs, Patrick and possibly Bulaga moving to play LG.

OLB for Peppers has Fuckdoggle and Holy Fackrell after a year of free weights and horse steroids.

CB does have a hole because while I still like the 3 youngsters, none will be Shields this year. I do think that between House/Gunter and Randall/Rollins you might get a tandem as good as Shields/Hayward-Randall-Rollins were in 2015.

The RB will be a backup to the starter Monty. That by definition cannot be a hole nor can it be a spot where the starter needs to be replaced.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Lang likely will be replaced by someone on the roster right now. I think they could maneuver spriggs around, it might be patrick, or maybe even Barclay can be a functional guard if he focuses on just that.

Montgomery was a better RB than Lacy last year. We need to adjust the offense so instead of asking him to pass block we use him as an outlet if teams blitz. And again, its a deep RB draft.

Peppers will hurt an already hurting D. I think losing hyde hurts. Again, we hope some guys step up like Fackrell and Elliiot. We hope we draft a CB in a deep draft to replace hyde. The big deal is that we don't have a true #1 CB. Doubtful we draft a shields ready player. That means we need a healthy Clay, and draft a good edge rusher in the 1st so we can compensate for our lack of 1 elite CB.
    Ty wasn't better than Eddie was last year. Before he got hurt Lacy was averaging 5/1 yds a carry and he is pretty good at picking up the blitz. Monty needs work in pass pro. This appears to be a good RB draft class so we can get a pretty good one there.

We will miss Peppers leadership but I've been hearing that guy we got from the 'Skins is a pretty good locker room guy. Can House fill Hyde's shoes? We need Randall and/or Rollins to bounce back and get another one in this deep DB draft.

Blog Entries
    Ty wasn't better than Eddie was last year. Before he got hurt Lacy was averaging 5/1 yds a carry and he is pretty good at picking up the blitz. Monty needs work in pass pro. This appears to be a good RB draft class so we can get a pretty good one there.

We will miss Peppers leadership but I've been hearing that guy we got from the 'Skins is a pretty good locker room guy. Can House fill Hyde's shoes? We need Randall and/or Rollins to bounce back and get another one in this deep DB draft.

Our new DL is a good attitude guy who can clog holes and run stuff.

I think they continue to use Morgan Burnett at ILB in the nickel....HELL...Matthews aside, he might be our 2nd best ILB

Hyde was always dam smart with great instincts. Those two knuckleheads you mentioned above so far have shown talent but no instincts. Hopefully that changes.

As far as an occasional blitzer/playmaker......I think Burnett will sometimes be used as Hyde was
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I think house will be a good replacement for Hyde, who imo was our most dependable cb last season

What kind of defense could we play if we draft Jabrill peppers?

3 safeties on the field, 2 of which can play up at the line and stop the run

It would be a smaller lineup, but a better one at coverage and maybe stoping the run over bevis and butthead and just 2 safeties

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    After really looking into Mixon, he has ONE blemish on his record. His apology was his own, not something read from a cue card. He has done everything right before and since. He has Reggie Bush kinda talent. I'd be thrilled with him in the 3rd.
    He has more than one blemish and one of them was after hitting the women.

Backing a parking attendant down with his car after he ripped up a parking citation and threw it back at them. Cost him one game. and this was after being suspended for decking the women. http://kfor.com/2016/11/04/newly-rel...ing-attendant/

However, Dalvin Cook might make this guy look good in comparison.

Ian Kenyon‏ @IanKenyonNFL

-Robbery (2009)
    -Firing a weapon (2010)
    -"Criminal Mischief" (2014)
    -Mistreating puppies (2014)
    -Aggravated assault (2014--not charged)

Eh, if he hit a woman, just hope he learns and grows. People make mistakes.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Feast Mode
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Feast Mode
    Seattle is going from Beast Mode, to Beast A La Mode.

Monty avg. 5.9 and had 6 more carries. He also had 5 more first downs. He also caught 44 passes to eddies awe inspiring .... wait for it .... 4! He beat Lacy in every offensive category except nose hairs.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He has more than one blemish and one of them was after hitting the women.

Backing a parking attendant down with his car after he ripped up a parking citation and threw it back at them. Cost him one game. and this was after being suspended for decking the women. http://kfor.com/2016/11/04/newly-rel...ing-attendant/

However, Dalvin Cook might make this guy look good in comparison.

Ian Kenyon‏ @IanKenyonNFL

-Robbery (2009)
    -Firing a weapon (2010)
    -"Criminal Mischief" (2014)
    -Mistreating puppies (2014)
    -Aggravated assault (2014--not charged)
    Ah...didn't read about the "randy moss wannabe" incident. I was Ok with everything about Cook until I read mistreating puppies. Fuck him, don't want him.