Thread: Official 2017 NFL draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If Shields isn't coming back, need a CB first.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    If Shields isn't coming back, need a CB first.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you claiming Randall, Rollins, and Gunter were all good picks with a bright future within the last week or so? Why would they need to go cb first round if that were the case?
    Anyway....to me, this is clearly a BPA situation. We are so bereft of playmakers in so many spots. Honestly I think Cook would be a great pick.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you claiming Randall, Rollins, and Gunter were all good picks with a bright future within the last week or so? Why would they need to go cb first round if that were the case?
    Pb altered his thinking after I debunked his argument.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Anyway....to me, this is clearly a BPA situation. We are so bereft of playmakers in so many spots. Honestly I think Cook would be a great pick.
    You can't have 5 shut down CBs on the same team. You need good corners and Randall, Rollins and Gunter look to be that. Hopefully 1 steps up to be a shutdown corner. But with Shields gone you need a 2nd player of his quality.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Yes, if we are picking this high you go with BPA. When you pick for need alone you end up reaching and regretting it later.

I like their talent and think each one has at least one trait to like very much. I think they all can start and that Randall might become a fixture on defense. However, neither their development or health is guaranteed. Its probably unlikely all three hit just based on those probabilities alone.

If Shields is done and Goodson is lost, you need depth and a chance to find talent. I not as sure about Dorleant as I am about those three.

If WR and ILB have taught us anything, a return to health is one thing, a lack of depth is something else.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.