Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
I do find it amusing all these average type players we're losing are leaving such gapping holes to fill. What was the number? 4 huge holes to fill? I'll give you Shields and a partial on Lang. Yes Lang is a Pro Bowler but he does play the easiest position to fill on the O-line. By rule, if the player is average, filling his position shouldn't be considered a big hole.

TJ LANG....AVERAGE ??

If that's our standard for average we should start getting some average players to defense cause that would result in some Super Bowl Action

Now that they are gone it seems so convenient to label losses as Marginal. And we'll miss Julius Peppers too; he provided some much needed pass rush at time. And we'll miss Shields (CB) and Lang (OG). And our ILB's already were plodders so no matter how you shake he LBing core to be above average we need an impact player there. Seems like a lot to ask seeing we'll hit some and miss some in the draft.

I'm not in the we should resign them all camp; I'm in the camp that is you let them walk use the cap space to get some help........perhaps on Defense.

But instead of doing so, we let guys walk, and use our loot of draft picks to replace them....and recycle the bottom of the roster, which was nothing to brag about lately. And we'll have cap space..and frontload.

Isn't it the proven recipe to stay good ?