Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 NFL draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    What kind of defense could we play if we draft Jabrill peppers?

3 safeties on the field, 2 of which can play up at the line and stop the run

It would be a smaller lineup, but a better one at coverage and maybe stoping the run over bevis and butthead and just 2 safeties
    Isn't Peppers a safety? Can he play corner? I'll be rather shocked if he lasts until #29 so Ted might have to move up substantially to take him.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Monty avg. 5.9 and had 6 more carries. He also had 5 more first downs. He also caught 44 passes to eddies awe inspiring .... wait for it .... 4! He beat Lacy in every offensive category except nose hairs.
    He did? 5.9? I didn't know that. Ty does have to work on picking up the blitz, tho.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Isn't Peppers a safety? Can he play corner? I'll be rather shocked if he lasts until #29 so Ted might have to move up substantially to take him.
    I could very well be mistaken here, but I always viewed Jabrill as a better, faster version of Hyde. I liked Hyde, and thought he was solid, but too many times I watched him trail the opposing reciever going across the middle. With everybody wanting team speed to improve, I'm a lil shocked at the responses from this forum over the loss of Hyde. Again I thought he was a solid Green Packer, and I'm always sorry to see them leave, but I'm excited by the speed of the crop of CBs coming out this year.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

He did? 5.9? I didn't know that. Ty does have to work on picking up the blitz, tho.
    Agreed. He was late a couple times, made a bad read a couple of times (remember those delayed A gap blitzes that kept working?) and wasn't squared up with his guy a couple of times.

But he's smart, young, and conscientious. I think he'll figure it out.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Monty avg. 5.9 and had 6 more carries. He also had 5 more first downs. He also caught 44 passes to eddies awe inspiring .... wait for it .... 4! He beat Lacy in every offensive category except nose hairs.
    All true, but Monty felt more like feast or famine, whereas Lacy was pretty consistent in his yardage <insert "just feast" joke here>. Am I misremembering?
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    True true. Damn the luck GB has had with losing young talent to neck injuries. Fin and Nick, Franklin and a promising WR from awhile back off the top of my head. Damn shame.
    sharpe

he was pretty damn good last year for a plug-in...hell...he was pretty damn good period. like mm said...it depends "on his availability." if he stays healthy and comes to camp in rb shape he could have a very good year. hope he put on some muscle weight over the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    All true, but Monty felt more like feast or famine, whereas Lacy was pretty consistent in his yardage <insert "just feast" joke here>. Am I misremembering?
    lol...lacy was pretty good. feast or famine for monty is harsh though. what running back doesn't get stuffed once in a while?

I have a sneaking hunch that Peppers could well be available at our pick. And if so, it might go a long way toward addressing the billion times receivers have crossed the middle uncovered.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    I have a sneaking hunch that Peppers could well be available at our pick. And if so, it might go a long way toward addressing the billion times receivers have crossed the middle uncovered.
    Scheme as much as personnel. Steelers get hit in the middle just as often.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Peppers is a SS/LB. He does not have the coverage skills to play corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Seattle is going from Beast Mode, to Beast A La Mode.
    Beast Mode to Obese Mode...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Just watched some Joe Mixon tape. He's a beast.

Read some chick was slapping him and he punched her in the face. Whatever. She wants to hit she better be ready to get hit. That's karma.

I wouldn't rule Mixon out based just on that incident. I think you have to look into his background and see if he's just a real jerk, or if he's a guy who had a bad reaction in an adversarial situation. Of course, you might have to look into whether he's a guy prone to bad reactions in adversarial situations. What he did though appears to be a bad reaction, not a premeditated decision to punch a woman in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I wouldn't rule Mixon out based just on that incident. I think you have to look into his background and see if he's just a real jerk, or if he's a guy who had a bad reaction in an adversarial situation. Of course, you might have to look into whether he's a guy prone to bad reactions in adversarial situations. What he did though appears to be a bad reaction, not a premeditated decision to punch a woman in the face.
    did you read the laundry list of things he's gotten in trouble for?

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    sharpe
    Terrence Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    did you read the laundry list of things he's gotten in trouble for?
    Cook has the long list, Mixon has the one other incident where he went Randy Moss on a parking attendant.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post

Read some chick was slapping him and he punched her in the face. Whatever. She wants to hit she better be ready to get hit. That's karma.
    Its also a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Cook has the long list, Mixon has the one other incident where he went Randy Moss on a parking attendant.
    oh, i thought that was about mixon

guess it pays to read the whole post sometimes

heres her side of the story, before she slapped him

"When I said I would never in a million years go anywhere with you, he goes, 'Oh, so you'd rather go home with that f---ing f----t?'" Molitor said in the police interview. "I got really mad, so I faced Joe and was like, 'Don't f--- with me. Do not mess with my friend. Just stop. Go away.' And he was like, 'Oh, you're a bad b----, what are you going to do about it?'"
    he also says that she was yelling a bunch of racial slurs at him, but in the video you notice that there are many other black people in the diner, and none of them are acting like shes using slurs at him

and this all goes back to what started this all. she wouldn't fuck him, and he wouldn't take no for an answer

Oh look this moron again. The guy that claimed sexual assault (i.e. a man forcing his genitals on to another woman's face) is acceptable, and just part of life for a woman in college.
    A tiny blond girl slapped him in the neck after he was aggressively in her face and trying to spit game at her. Then he cold cocked her with a right hook. Shoving her or restraining her is one thing but there is no excuse for what he did. Glad he has degenerate internet warriors standing up for him though.