Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 NFL draft thread

Joe Williams is the back who intrigues me. He abruptly quit football for 4 games in the middle of this last season and still rushed for over 1,400 yards. His second game back from, "retirement" he ran for 332 yds. against UCLA. He also rushed for 222 yds. against Indiana in Utah's bowl game. He didn't catch many balls in college so I don't know how his hands are. He has the speed to be a home run hitter and like Nutz said, he plays bigger than he is. I'm not sure where his head is at or how committed he is to football but I wouldn't mind picking him up if everything checks out and he's available when the value warrants. I posted in another thread a while back that I have a feeling he is someone Ted has his eye on.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    With the signing of Lacy the Packers have no depth behind Montgomery who is apparently staying with the #88. I don't know if that means he will be splitting time at receiver and running back or he just thinks it is cool roaming the backfield with #88. The Packers could kick the tires on some veterans in free agency but I can't see Ted signing Adrian Peterson, or Jamal Charles. I simply don't trust the injury history of Charles and Peterson is also coming off a significant knee injury and he is going to cost some team more cash than he is probably worth at this point in his career.

So to the draft we go and lets break down some scenarios. Dallas taking Elliot high in the 2016 draft paid off and it went against the norm of teams waiting on running backs. Teams might not wait on Fournette, Cook, or McCaffrey this year they could be gone before the 30th selection. Which might not be the worst scenario considering the needs the Packers have on defense, but it would be hard to pass on either of those three with the thirtieth pick in the draft. Out of the three top guys I would prefer Cook, then Fournette, and finally McCaffrey. Cook is the most complete back, while Fournette is probably the best pure running back since Adrian Peterson. McCaffrey reminds me of a more well rounded Reggie Bush, but he isn't going to run the ball 300 times a season. Most likely situation is that Thompson will sign one or two 3rd tier free agents and also take a running back in the middle to late rounds of the draft.

What type of back would the Packers be looking at? Another big boned bruiser like they had in Lacy, or a smaller quicker back that could be effective catching balls out of the backfield? My guess is that the Packers would be looking at a bigger back that can go between the tackles and have Montgomery has the quicker change of pass back that would be relied on to catch the ball out of the backfield.

Alvin Kamara Tenn
    5'10" 215
    4.56 40
    39.5 vert
    This kid is fun to watch on film. He is very explosive and quick twitch. He plays faster than his forty time and he gets to top gear right away. There is no hesitation with him and he does a very good job catching the football. Fantastic in open space and can get the edge in the college game. The biggest issue with him is that he doesn't run behind his shoulder pads. He is more slippery than a tackle breaker. He runs tall at times. He looks skinny on film and could stand to gain 10 pounds in the NFL. Packers could see him in the second round.

Joe Williams Utah
    5'11" 210
    4.41 forty
    35" vert
    This kid has a smooth feel to him when he is on the field. Good vision and seems to glide through the holes and before you know it he has gained 8 yards. He does a nice job delivering a blow versus taking one. He is a willing blocker and does a nice job catching the ball out of the backfield. His measurables are there and his product on the field is worth the watch. He runs a lot bigger than he is. There is not a whole lot that I saw that I didn't like about him. He is rated a 7th round pick, I don't get it.

Brian Hill Wyoming
    6'1" 219
    4.51 40
    35" vert
    Nothing flashing about Brian Hill, but he does a nice job showing patients and gains yards. He isn't a game breaker and he seems to find his biggest runs out of the I formation but will run out of the shotgun. He is a willing blocker and plays hard nose football. His times and measurables are good enough to be a mid round pick.
    The Packers don't need a RB. They have Monte that everyone thinks is the second coming of Walter Payton.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    The Packers don't need a RB. They have Monte that everyone thinks is the second coming of Walter Payton.
    You're starting to skip.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Are you a positive person like this in every day life?

Don't worry, its a classic Achilles tear, not one of the new fangled ones.

Tom Pelissero‏ @TomPelissero 52m52 minutes ago
    Couple key notes: Jones suffered a "classic" Achilles rupture higher up on his tendon. Generally quicker recovery than insertional rupture.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Be kinda stunned if this was Ted's pick. No Watt that I can see in first round. Ramczyk goes to Ravens at 16.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I think I would do a backflip if that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I think I would do a backflip if that happened.
    I would be pissed off to no end if we took a RB in first.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

4 CBs off board at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I would be pissed off to no end if we took a RB in first.
    unless they hijack malcolm butler and sign an upgrade in some other defensive position(s), drafting a rb would be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Don't worry, its a classic Achilles tear, not one of the new fangled ones.

Tom Pelissero‏ @TomPelissero 52m52 minutes ago
    Couple key notes: Jones suffered a "classic" Achilles rupture higher up on his tendon. Generally quicker recovery than insertional rupture.
    take him in the 3rd maybe?

Oh ...... THAT's where the Dalvin Cook idea came from hahahahaha. I'll split the difference between Bobblehead being pissed off and Zool doing back flips. I don't want a RB taken in the first round either, but if it happens, I see none better than Dalvin Cook.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    Highly doubt Cook falls this far; if he did TT might have to take him. He's the real deal.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I'm not completely sold on most of these RBs--like I was with Zeke last year.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I'm not completely sold on most of these RBs--like I was with Zeke last year.
    Cook is the only one of the first rounders I like. He's a complete player right now.

Ian Rapoport‏
    @RapSheet
    #UCLA CB Fabian Moreau, a possible first-round pick, had successful surgery to repair a torn pectoral muscle, per me and @MikeGarafolo

But wait. ... if we draft Cook will he be the real MVP or will Rodgers???

Now, to put it in the right thread:

1) JT Watt OLB
    2) Quincy Wilson CB
    3) Joe Mixon RB

After really looking into Mixon, he has ONE blemish on his record. His apology was his own, not something read from a cue card. He has done everything right before and since. He has Reggie Bush kinda talent. I'd be thrilled with him in the 3rd.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Now, to put it in the right thread:

1) JT Watt OLB
    2) Quincy Wilson CB
    3) Joe Mixon RB

After really looking into Mixon, he has ONE blemish on his record. His apology was his own, not something read from a cue card. He has done everything right before and since. He has Reggie Bush kinda talent. I'd be thrilled with him in the 3rd.
    doesn't count, you already posted those 3 guys in the wrong thread

you have to pick 3 new guys