Thread: Official 2017 NFL draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    I do find it amusing all these average type players we're losing are leaving such gapping holes to fill. What was the number? 4 huge holes to fill? I'll give you Shields and a partial on Lang. Yes Lang is a Pro Bowler but he does play the easiest position to fill on the O-line. By rule, if the player is average, filling his position shouldn't be considered a big hole.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    I do find it amusing all these average type players we're losing are leaving such gapping holes to fill. What was the number? 4 huge holes to fill? I'll give you Shields and a partial on Lang. Yes Lang is a Pro Bowler but he does play the easiest position to fill on the O-line. By rule, if the player is average, filling his position shouldn't be considered a big hole.

TJ LANG....AVERAGE ??

If that's our standard for average we should start getting some average players to defense cause that would result in some Super Bowl Action

Now that they are gone it seems so convenient to label losses as Marginal. And we'll miss Julius Peppers too; he provided some much needed pass rush at time. And we'll miss Shields (CB) and Lang (OG). And our ILB's already were plodders so no matter how you shake he LBing core to be above average we need an impact player there. Seems like a lot to ask seeing we'll hit some and miss some in the draft.

I'm not in the we should resign them all camp; I'm in the camp that is you let them walk use the cap space to get some help........perhaps on Defense.

But instead of doing so, we let guys walk, and use our loot of draft picks to replace them....and recycle the bottom of the roster, which was nothing to brag about lately. And we'll have cap space..and frontload.

Isn't it the proven recipe to stay good ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    We need STARTERS at guard, and RB. And a #1 cb, and a #3 pass rusher to replace peppers

The guard we lost was one of the best in the NFL, the entire was way above average although most packer fans are now shitting on him that he's gone, and peppers was above average

Those are self inflicted wounds and hole that didn't need to be there. WE HAVE THE CAP SPACE

The only massive hole that we had no control over was #1 cab

If you think we can replace those 4 spots (with competent) players in this draft alone, you're delusional

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    We need STARTERS at guard, and RB. And a #1 cb, and a #3 pass rusher to replace peppers

The guard we lost was one of the best in the NFL, the entire was way above average although most packer fans are now shitting on him that he's gone, and peppers was above average

Those are self inflicted wounds and hole that didn't need to be there. WE HAVE THE CAP SPACE

The only massive hole that we had no control over was #1 cab

If you think we can replace those 4 spots (with competent) players in this draft alone, you're delusional
    Lang likely will be replaced by someone on the roster right now. I think they could maneuver spriggs around, it might be patrick, or maybe even Barclay can be a functional guard if he focuses on just that.

Montgomery was a better RB than Lacy last year. We need to adjust the offense so instead of asking him to pass block we use him as an outlet if teams blitz. And again, its a deep RB draft.

Peppers will hurt an already hurting D. I think losing hyde hurts. Again, we hope some guys step up like Fackrell and Elliiot. We hope we draft a CB in a deep draft to replace hyde. The big deal is that we don't have a true #1 CB. Doubtful we draft a shields ready player. That means we need a healthy Clay, and draft a good edge rusher in the 1st so we can compensate for our lack of 1 elite CB.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Lang likely will be replaced by someone on the roster right now. I think they could maneuver spriggs around, it might be patrick, or maybe even Barclay can be a functional guard if he focuses on just that.

Montgomery was a better RB than Lacy last year. We need to adjust the offense so instead of asking him to pass block we use him as an outlet if teams blitz. And again, its a deep RB draft.

Peppers will hurt an already hurting D. I think losing hyde hurts. Again, we hope some guys step up like Fackrell and Elliiot. We hope we draft a CB in a deep draft to replace hyde. The big deal is that we don't have a true #1 CB. Doubtful we draft a shields ready player. That means we need a healthy Clay, and draft a good edge rusher in the 1st so we can compensate for our lack of 1 elite CB.
    Ty wasn't better than Eddie was last year. Before he got hurt Lacy was averaging 5/1 yds a carry and he is pretty good at picking up the blitz. Monty needs work in pass pro. This appears to be a good RB draft class so we can get a pretty good one there.

We will miss Peppers leadership but I've been hearing that guy we got from the 'Skins is a pretty good locker room guy. Can House fill Hyde's shoes? We need Randall and/or Rollins to bounce back and get another one in this deep DB draft.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Ty wasn't better than Eddie was last year. Before he got hurt Lacy was averaging 5/1 yds a carry and he is pretty good at picking up the blitz. Monty needs work in pass pro. This appears to be a good RB draft class so we can get a pretty good one there.

We will miss Peppers leadership but I've been hearing that guy we got from the 'Skins is a pretty good locker room guy. Can House fill Hyde's shoes? We need Randall and/or Rollins to bounce back and get another one in this deep DB draft.

Our new DL is a good attitude guy who can clog holes and run stuff.

I think they continue to use Morgan Burnett at ILB in the nickel....HELL...Matthews aside, he might be our 2nd best ILB

Hyde was always dam smart with great instincts. Those two knuckleheads you mentioned above so far have shown talent but no instincts. Hopefully that changes.

As far as an occasional blitzer/playmaker......I think Burnett will sometimes be used as Hyde was
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I think house will be a good replacement for Hyde, who imo was our most dependable cb last season

Monty avg. 5.9 and had 6 more carries. He also had 5 more first downs. He also caught 44 passes to eddies awe inspiring .... wait for it .... 4! He beat Lacy in every offensive category except nose hairs.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Monty avg. 5.9 and had 6 more carries. He also had 5 more first downs. He also caught 44 passes to eddies awe inspiring .... wait for it .... 4! He beat Lacy in every offensive category except nose hairs.
    He did? 5.9? I didn't know that. Ty does have to work on picking up the blitz, tho.

He did? 5.9? I didn't know that. Ty does have to work on picking up the blitz, tho.
    Agreed. He was late a couple times, made a bad read a couple of times (remember those delayed A gap blitzes that kept working?) and wasn't squared up with his guy a couple of times.

But he's smart, young, and conscientious. I think he'll figure it out.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

All true, but Monty felt more like feast or famine, whereas Lacy was pretty consistent in his yardage <insert "just feast" joke here>. Am I misremembering?
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

he was pretty damn good last year for a plug-in...hell...he was pretty damn good period. like mm said...it depends "on his availability." if he stays healthy and comes to camp in rb shape he could have a very good year. hope he put on some muscle weight over the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    All true, but Monty felt more like feast or famine, whereas Lacy was pretty consistent in his yardage <insert "just feast" joke here>. Am I misremembering?
    lol...lacy was pretty good. feast or famine for monty is harsh though. what running back doesn't get stuffed once in a while?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    That's what everyone was thinking when Sitton left.

The current rosters has Murphy, Spriggs, Patrick and possibly Bulaga moving to play LG.

OLB for Peppers has Fuckdoggle and Holy Fackrell after a year of free weights and horse steroids.

CB does have a hole because while I still like the 3 youngsters, none will be Shields this year. I do think that between House/Gunter and Randall/Rollins you might get a tandem as good as Shields/Hayward-Randall-Rollins were in 2015.

The RB will be a backup to the starter Monty. That by definition cannot be a hole nor can it be a spot where the starter needs to be replaced.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.