Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 NFL draft thread

Official 2017 NFL draft thread

yup, its time for this

COREY DAVIS WR

UNDEFEATED WESTERN MICHIGAN BRONCOS

6-3, 215

he's a freak, a good route running with great hands in the mold of another bronco great, greg jennings, only davis is 4 inches taller

if we keep lossing we might even get up in the mike williams range, although davis might be better

its all about WR's right, we should draft 7-10 of them just to make sure we get some that work

Davis is an absolute beast. Sign me up for that pick.

LOL
    C.H.U.D.

Blog Entries
    Just got back from a BB tournament; WTF happened ? TIme to go in and read the game day threads.

Love the early draft thread although I"d rather have a 7-2 team
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    yup, its time for this

COREY DAVIS WR

UNDEFEATED WESTERN MICHIGAN BRONCOS

6-3, 215

he's a freak, a good route running with great hands in the mold of another bronco great, greg jennings, only davis is 4 inches taller

if we keep lossing we might even get up in the mike williams range, although davis might be better

its all about WR's right, we should draft 7-10 of them just to make sure we get some that work
    I think O.J. Howard would have a bigger impact. A TE who is a threat to bust the seam would open up a lot of room for the WR's we have.

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure OJ Howard it worthy of a top 15 pick. Is he dominant ? Just asking
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I'm not sure OJ Howard it worthy of a top 15 pick. Is he dominant ? Just asking
    I think he has elite talent. He doesn't have awesome stats, about 3 catches per game. I don't see Alabama play enough to know if that's on him, or a result of the design of their offense. His YPC is down a bit this year, but for his career it's about 15 YPC, which is outstanding for a Tight End.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Draft or trade up for Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU. Many a-scouts compare Forunette to the Switch Hitter. Pack could use a fast, home-run hitting RB.

Alternatively, draft Mobb's (infamous) current favorite college playa, Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford. McCaffrey is also fast and a home-run hitter. Plus, there's something fascinating about white rbs, as well as white corners, black punters/kickers and Asian QBs (see Mariota, Marcus).

In my humble stoic opinion, Pack need a hotshot RB more than a shotshot WR.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Draft or trade up for Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU. Many a-scouts compare Forunette to the Switch Hitter. Pack could use a fast, home-run hitting RB.

Alternatively, draft Mobb's (infamous) current favorite college playa, Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford. McCaffrey is also fast and a home-run hitter. Plus, there's something fascinating about white rbs, as well as white corners, black punters/kickers and Asian QBs (see Mariota, Marcus).

In my humble stoic opinion, Pack need a hotshot RB more than a shotshot WR.
    the Packers are a passing team. getting a running back won't help the "Packers' wrs can't get open" problem. if we had elliott today our wrs still wouldn't be getting open any more than they are now. as it sits today the only time we're completing passes is when a defense occasionally plays a zone or one of our guys makes a miraculous catch.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    the Packers are a passing team. getting a running back won't help the "Packers' wrs can't get open" problem. if we had elliott today our wrs still wouldn't be getting open any more than they are now. as it sits today the only time we're completing passes is when a defense occasionally plays a zone or one of our guys makes a miraculous catch.
    If we had Elliot, I doubt we'd be sitting at 4-5 right now. Also, don't think Prescott would be 7-1 without Elliot.

Having a home-run hitting rb opens up a lot of stuff for the passing game, as defenses have to honor the run first on early downs. Rodgers was able to complete slants at will earlier in his career b/c Ryan Grant, at least before the injury, was a threat to take it to the house every time he touched the ball. Sure, Pack had better WRs back then but lbs still had to account for Grant, opening up the middle of the field. And when defenses played 8-men box, Rodgers dropped bombs on 'em with ease.

Lacy is a pain to tackle but he ain't a home-run hitter.

If the next Switch Hitter's there, gotta take him - unless, maybe, there's a Randy Moss, a Megatron, a Julio Jones or a AJ Green sitting around.

As of now, we're picking between 7-11.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    As of now, we're picking between 7-11.
    Lets take Joe Thomas, Sr, RB South Carolina State. Dude's 55 years young, and the father of Joe Thomas - not tackle for the Browns, but the mediocre ILB for the Pack.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    If we had Elliot, I doubt we'd be sitting at 4-5 right now. Also, don't think Prescott would be 7-1 without Elliot.

Having a home-run hitting rb opens up a lot of stuff for the passing game, as defenses have to honor the run first on early downs. Rodgers was able to complete slants at will earlier in his career b/c Ryan Grant, at least before the injury, was a threat to take it to the house every time he touched the ball. Sure, Pack had better WRs back then but lbs still had to account for Grant, opening up the middle of the field. And when defenses played 8-men box, Rodgers dropped bombs on 'em with ease.

Lacy is a pain to tackle but he ain't a home-run hitter.

If the next Switch Hitter's there, gotta take him - unless, maybe, there's a Randy Moss, a Megatron, a Julio Jones or a AJ Green sitting around.
    We are giving up 40 points a game. Elliot would be nice but not the difference.

Do not draft Fournette, better RBs out there to take in 2 and 3 rounds.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Blog Entries
    We need to use our first round draft pick at CB, LB, RB, and WR.....any way we can get four ))

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    We need to use our first round draft pick at CB, LB, RB, and WR.....any way we can get four ))
    Trade Arod?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    We are giving up 40 points a game. Elliot would be nice but not the difference.

Do not draft Fournette, better RBs out there to take in 2 and 3 rounds.
    Elliot has made the Cowboys stinking D a whole lot better by milking the clock offensively while keeping the D off the field. Fournette, the next Switch Hitter, aka, #AllDay28, could do the same thing with the Packers' pussycat D.

Pass rusher. They have no pass rush at all.

If Shields isn't coming back, need a CB first.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I would much rather grab Perine from Oklahoma than Fournette.

We need a CB, OLB (in the mold of Von Miller), WR.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Fournette doesn't look like an NFL back to me. He looks like a college back. Cook looks like an NFL back to me, but he's going to go pretty high.