Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 NFL draft thread

What is going on with Mixon?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    What is going on with Mixon?
    He hit his girlfriend in public. There is a tape like Ray Rice.

Still a good player to draft as a football player. Someone I would not want to be around elsewhere.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    An arbitrary ranking of the last 5 drafts per team from Foxsports

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery...present-030117
    But we have lost two of the last 3 nfccg...we suck and tt should be fired

Also re mixon i.believe it happened three years ago

Wasn't his girlfriend, but it was an acquaintance of his. Not domestic, per se, but the sheer unrestrained force he uses against her is a huge red flag. She had broken bones in her face.

She shoves him and slaps him before he lets his punch go. I don't think women should be free to harass men with impunity, but he should have responded in a different way than a full strength hay-maker.
    Last edited by smuggler; 03-04-2017 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Wasn't his girlfriend, but it was an acquaintance of his. Not domestic, per se, but the sheer unrestrained force he uses against her is a huge red flag. She had broken bones in her face.

She shoves him and slaps him before he lets his punch go. I don't think women should be free to harass men with impunity, but he should have responded in a different way than a full strength hay-maker.
    Agree. There is no reason she could not be charged for her conduct (assuming that circumstance, which apparently started earlier and outside, don't tell an entirely different story).

But he should be charged commensurate with his actions as well.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The NFL tends to punish the retribution great than the initial infractions,

The broken bones in her face came from hitting her face on a table on the way down. Not saying he's any less of a pos for punching her flat out. He could simply have walked away and called the police.

Yeah, because black guys in this country have faith in the police.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Agree. There is no reason she could not be charged for her conduct (assuming that circumstance, which apparently started earlier and outside, don't tell an entirely different story).

But he should be charged commensurate with his actions as well.
    Did you watch the video? She comes into the restaurant with one other person. A minute later he comes in and starts harassing her at the table. She stands up and pushes him or slaps him and then she is abliterated. Seems like he started the. Conflict and confronted her.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Did you watch the video? She comes into the restaurant with one other person. A minute later he comes in and starts harassing her at the table. She stands up and pushes him or slaps him and then she is abliterated. Seems like he started the. Conflict and confronted her.
    There were reports that the confrontation had started elsewhere, continued in the street, then headed into the location that has the video.

It was not detailed and substantiated, just witness reports. The only definite thing I took from it was that the confrontation had stated earlier, at least outside the location with the video.

It doesn't make what he did reasonable by any means. But it tells us we haven't witnessed the entire argument.
    Last edited by pbmax; 03-05-2017 at 11:57 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Did YOU watch the video? That's not what it seems like that all. It looks like everything is ho hum until she abruptly stands up and shoves him at what appears to be her full strength with two hands. Then he makes a face lunge at her without touching her, and her response to that is a full strength slap. At that point he uncocks his best punch and she goes down.

Mixon admitted to saying homophobic things to her friend. She escalated and finished. I count him as more stupid because he has more money to lose in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    There were reports that the confrontation had started elsewhere, continued in the street, then headed into the location that has the video.

It was not detailed and substantiated, just witness reports. The only definite thing I took from it was that the confrontation had stated earlier, at least outside the location with the video.

It doesn't make what he did reasonable by any means. But it tells us we haven't witnessed the entire argument.
    Sounds like he decided to continue the argument or conflict by following her into the restaurant. I interpret that as even worse judgement and behavior because he continued to escalate the situation. He followed her into the restaurant, she didn't follow him and continue escalate the situation. This is far more than stupidity. This is a young man that unfortunately has very little judgement and control over his emotions, and demonstrated a complete lack of respect for women, and mankind. It is disappointing that he was even allowed back in school. It is disappointing that he didn't sit in a prison cell. He is extremely lucky he has physical talent on the football field, sad but true. What ever team that drafts him better be ready for a fire storm.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Sounds like he decided to continue the argument or conflict by following her into the restaurant. I interpret that as even worse judgement and behavior because he continued to escalate the situation. He followed her into the restaurant, she didn't follow him and continue escalate the situation. This is far more than stupidity. This is a young man that unfortunately has very little judgement and control over his emotions, and demonstrated a complete lack of respect for women, and mankind. It is disappointing that he was even allowed back in school. It is disappointing that he didn't sit in a prison cell. He is extremely lucky he has physical talent on the football field, sad but true. What ever team that drafts him better be ready for a fire storm.
    Got to agree with Nutz here. The 2 people were separated. Just leave, what else good could have occurred? Were they going to make up? Nothing but a worse outcome would occur when he entered the restaurant.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Got to agree with Nutz here. The 2 people were separated. Just leave, what else good could have occurred? Were they going to make up? Nothing but a worse outcome would occur when he entered the restaurant.
    He could have left at any time and it would have been a better decision. There seems to be no upside at any point for him.

well...he'll get drafted. some team will have the guts to do it. he's too good. it was almost three years ago and he's been good since. guess we'll see.

I don't agree with hitting women ever, but... They want equality until being the weaker sex benefits them more, can't have it both ways ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I don't agree with hitting women ever, but... They want equality until being the weaker sex benefits them more, can't have it both ways ladies.
    Pretty sure both sides want assault and battery laws enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    You are a total piece Of shit for saying this. You say you don't agree but then Defend the action because women want equality. Go fuck yourself.

You are a total piece Of shit for saying this. You say you don't agree but then Defend the action because women want equality. Go fuck yourself.
    I'm guessing he is saying he doesn't agree with hitting them and he doesn't agree with them claiming they "can do anything a man can". He isn't defending the action, he is poorly tying something into the argument that has very little to do with what happened.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.