Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 NFL draft thread

So, now after watching the DBs at the Combine yesterday which one of these kids do you guys think will still be available at #29?

I'd still rather see a free agent signing of a top notch Corner. Maybe the perceived excellence of this year's crop in the draft will drive the market price down a little bit for those already in the league, and no matter how good these guys look at the combine or whatever, Corner is still one of those positions where you can't guarantee greatness. And if we sign the free agent instead, we can use that #1 for something more sure or more needed like a pass rushing OLB or an outstanding ILB (if there even are any of the latter).
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I'm guessing he is saying he doesn't agree with hitting them and he doesn't agree with them claiming they "can do anything a man can". He isn't defending the action, he is poorly tying something into the argument that has very little to do with what happened.
    Poor timing and poor grammar. Throwing in that "but" after saying you don't agree with the violence sounds like he is giving it a pass.

And he is also making a general complaint about what women writ large might believe when the topic under discussion is very specific act of cruelty.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jabril Peppers, then a Pass rusher, then corner would be ideal. Deep corner draft. Should be able to get one late.

Burnett, hhcd, peppers and then Daniels and a should be much improved Clark all in the middle of our defense..... the speed of Peppers would change our defense.

I do like Peppers, but I think someone will fall in love and take him.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    This draft got a whole lot deeper after the combine, especially with teams that covet speed. Peppers might go within the top twenty. He is a lot of hype, but does have talent. I just don't understand if he was so outstanding why he bounced from position to position? If he was a lock down corner he would have played corner, if he was a dominant safety he would have played safety, if he was Thomas Davis he would have played outside linebacker. I know bouncing him around would cause match up problems, but my concern with him is he will be a continued tweener in the NFL and struggle to meet draft expectations. He can help right away as a returner and special teams, that's a plus for him

Running Back Speed Scores. Football Outsiders metric that mixes size and speed, they say it correlates better than either alone to NFL success. Average running back who makes it to NFL scores around 100. Ezekial Elliot was 112.7.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...eed-score-2017

2017 Speed Scores
    Code:
    Player		School		Weight	40 Time	Speed Score
    Len. Fournette	LSU		240	4.51	116.0
    Joe Williams	Utah		210	4.41	111.0
    T.J. Logan	North Carolina	196	4.37	107.5
    Jeremy McNichol	Boise State	214	4.49	105.3
    Marlon Mack	South Florida	213	4.5	103.9
    Dalvin Cook	Florida State	210	4.49	103.3
    De' Henderson	Coast Carolina	208	4.48	103.3
    Brian Hill	Wyoming		219	4.54	103.1
    Elijah McGuire	Louis.Lafayette	214	4.53	101.6
    Chris McCaffrey	Stanford	202	4.48	100.3
    James Conner	Pittsburgh	233	4.65	99.7
    Samaje Perine	Oklahoma	233	4.65	99.7
    Chris Carson	Oklahoma State	218	4.58	99.1
    Alvin Kamara	Tennessee	214	4.56	99.0
    Aaron Jones	Texas-El Paso	208	4.56	96.2
    Wayne Gallman	Clemson		215	4.6	96.0
    Jamaal Williams	BYU		212	4.59	95.5
    Kareem Hunt	Toledo		216	4.62	94.8
    Tarik Cohen	N Carolina A&T	179	4.42	93.8
    Stan Williams	Kentucky	190	4.51	91.8
    Corey Clement	Wisconsin	220	4.68	91.7
    Dare Ogunbowale	Wisconsin	213	4.65	91.1
    Rushel Shell	West Virginia	227	4.74	89.9
    Donnel Pumphrey	San Diego State	176	4.48	87.4
    Jahad Thomas	Temple		190	4.63	82.7
    Devine Redding	Indiana		205	4.76	79.9
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I like James Connor and Sammy Perine. I think because they ran 4.6s they can be had a round or two later which makes a difference. I would have rather taken them in the 4th round than in the 3rd round. Connor probably more like a fifth rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    What is going on with Mixon?
    Gil Brandt‏ @Gil_Brandt 6h6 hours ago
    Official numbers (given to all teams) for Mixon at Oklahoma pro day:

6-0 3/4, 228 lbs
    4.50 40 (ran 1x)
    35 VJ
    7.10 3-cone
    4.33 ss
    21 lifts

Hand held timing reports had him in the 4.4 range. Not sure where Gil gets the official info.

Mixon has the skills, and to be truthful he has handled his past with respect and has owned his actions and behaviors. I will be interested to see what team is willing to take on the immediate fire storm when they draft him.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    I like James Connor and Sammy Perine. I think because they ran 4.6s they can be had a round or two later which makes a difference. I would have rather taken them in the 4th round than in the 3rd round. Connor probably more like a fifth rounder.
    The little of Perine I saw during the year impressed me. I would love the Packers to draft him.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

He is a bulldozer and he is shifty through the hole. Good acceleration. I don't think he is quite the prospect that Lacy was coming out, but you could probably get him two rounds later than Lacy.

I talked serious shit on Mixon and deservedly so, but that kid is a talent and if there is value there that evens out the media storm for taking him he would most likely be worth the gamble
    Last edited by Deputy Nutz; 03-09-2017 at 12:09 PM.

Seattle post intelligencer

Washington CB Sidney Jones, consensus first-round NFL draft prospect, leaves pro day on a cart after suffering apparent left leg injury.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Seattle post intelligencer

Washington CB Sidney Jones, consensus first-round NFL draft prospect, leaves pro day on a cart after suffering apparent left leg injury.
    Good thing I waited to do my Packers Mock Draft.

Well that fucking sucks for him. Didn't he do the full gamut at the combine? Why bother with a pro day?

OK, so one thing we know know for sure

WE DON'T NEED TO DRAFT A FUCKING TE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    This draft got a whole lot deeper after the combine, especially with teams that covet speed. Peppers might go within the top twenty. He is a lot of hype, but does have talent. I just don't understand if he was so outstanding why he bounced from position to position? If he was a lock down corner he would have played corner, if he was a dominant safety he would have played safety, if he was Thomas Davis he would have played outside linebacker. I know bouncing him around would cause match up problems, but my concern with him is he will be a continued tweener in the NFL and struggle to meet draft expectations. He can help right away as a returner and special teams, that's a plus for him
    You kind of summed up my concerns about Peppers perfectly Nutz. Something about him that just keeps telling me he was a lot of hype because he played at Michigan and he played both O and D. I could be wrong but my Spidey Sense is tingling a little bit when I think about taking him in the 1st if he's even still available. He's a good athlete and I think he'll probably have a decent career but he might not ever end up being that turnover creating impact player that I want. I think he only had 1 Int. in his career and that came at the very end of this last season.
    Last edited by SMBASS; 03-11-2017 at 05:58 PM.

I just keep getting a funny feeling that T.T. is going to end up taking RB Joe Williams out of Utah if he's still available when Ted thinks he presents a value.

i'm getting a funny feeling that he's gonna draft a TE in round one

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i'm getting a funny feeling that he's gonna draft a TE in round one
    Relax Red. There's probably only 1 TE going in 1st round, and he'll be long gone.

If Sidney Jones' injury is serious though, that does reduce the pool of 1st CB's by 1. Still think the pick will be CB or OLB.