Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 NFL draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    The Packers don't need a RB. They have Monte that everyone thinks is the second coming of Walter Payton.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    The Packers don't need a RB. They have Monte that everyone thinks is the second coming of Walter Payton.
    Are you a positive person like this in every day life?

Joe Williams is the back who intrigues me. He abruptly quit football for 4 games in the middle of this last season and still rushed for over 1,400 yards. His second game back from, "retirement" he ran for 332 yds. against UCLA. He also rushed for 222 yds. against Indiana in Utah's bowl game. He didn't catch many balls in college so I don't know how his hands are. He has the speed to be a home run hitter and like Nutz said, he plays bigger than he is. I'm not sure where his head is at or how committed he is to football but I wouldn't mind picking him up if everything checks out and he's available when the value warrants. I posted in another thread a while back that I have a feeling he is someone Ted has his eye on.

Don't worry, its a classic Achilles tear, not one of the new fangled ones.

Tom Pelissero‏ @TomPelissero 52m52 minutes ago
    Couple key notes: Jones suffered a "classic" Achilles rupture higher up on his tendon. Generally quicker recovery than insertional rupture.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Don't worry, its a classic Achilles tear, not one of the new fangled ones.

Tom Pelissero‏ @TomPelissero 52m52 minutes ago
    Couple key notes: Jones suffered a "classic" Achilles rupture higher up on his tendon. Generally quicker recovery than insertional rupture.
    take him in the 3rd maybe?

Be kinda stunned if this was Ted's pick. No Watt that I can see in first round. Ramczyk goes to Ravens at 16.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I think I would do a backflip if that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I think I would do a backflip if that happened.
    I would be pissed off to no end if we took a RB in first.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I would be pissed off to no end if we took a RB in first.
    unless they hijack malcolm butler and sign an upgrade in some other defensive position(s), drafting a rb would be stupid.

4 CBs off board at that time.

Oh ...... THAT's where the Dalvin Cook idea came from hahahahaha. I'll split the difference between Bobblehead being pissed off and Zool doing back flips. I don't want a RB taken in the first round either, but if it happens, I see none better than Dalvin Cook.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    Highly doubt Cook falls this far; if he did TT might have to take him. He's the real deal.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I'm not completely sold on most of these RBs--like I was with Zeke last year.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I'm not completely sold on most of these RBs--like I was with Zeke last year.
    Cook is the only one of the first rounders I like. He's a complete player right now.

Ian Rapoport‏
    @RapSheet
    #UCLA CB Fabian Moreau, a possible first-round pick, had successful surgery to repair a torn pectoral muscle, per me and @MikeGarafolo

But wait. ... if we draft Cook will he be the real MVP or will Rodgers???

Now, to put it in the right thread:

1) JT Watt OLB
    2) Quincy Wilson CB
    3) Joe Mixon RB

After really looking into Mixon, he has ONE blemish on his record. His apology was his own, not something read from a cue card. He has done everything right before and since. He has Reggie Bush kinda talent. I'd be thrilled with him in the 3rd.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

1) JT Watt OLB
    2) Quincy Wilson CB
    3) Joe Mixon RB

After really looking into Mixon, he has ONE blemish on his record. His apology was his own, not something read from a cue card. He has done everything right before and since. He has Reggie Bush kinda talent. I'd be thrilled with him in the 3rd.
    doesn't count, you already posted those 3 guys in the wrong thread

you have to pick 3 new guys

1) JT Watt OLB
    2) Quincy Wilson CB
    3) Joe Mixon RB

i think mixon is gone by then...maybe even in the 1st round. i'd draft the cb with the torn achillies in the 3rd though (if he lasts that long). from what i've read there's a good chance he'll be as good as new. ya know dallas did the same thing with jaylon smith.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    i think mixon is gone by then...maybe even in the 1st round. i'd draft the cb with the torn achillies in the 3rd though (if he lasts that long). from what i've read there's a good chance he'll be as good as new. ya know dallas did the same thing with jaylon smith.
    Reports on Jaylon aren't good from what I remember hearing last. Something about drop foot and needing a brace. Prob won't be as good as he should have been. Its a shame, really. And I don't think there's anyway Sidney or Mixon last till our 3rd round pick. I can see someone pulling a Cowboy and picking Sidney Jones in the second. He's even saying he'll see the playing field this coming up season. Only time will tell. I'd strongly consider Sidney Jones in the 2nd as well. Gotta remember he excelled in the pass happy Pac-12 or 10 or whatever they call themselves out there.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!