Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 NFL draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Now, to put it in the right thread:

1) JT Watt OLB
    2) Quincy Wilson CB
    3) Joe Mixon RB

After really looking into Mixon, he has ONE blemish on his record. His apology was his own, not something read from a cue card. He has done everything right before and since. He has Reggie Bush kinda talent. I'd be thrilled with him in the 3rd.
    i think mixon is gone by then...maybe even in the 1st round. i'd draft the cb with the torn achillies in the 3rd though (if he lasts that long). from what i've read there's a good chance he'll be as good as new. ya know dallas did the same thing with jaylon smith.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    i think mixon is gone by then...maybe even in the 1st round. i'd draft the cb with the torn achillies in the 3rd though (if he lasts that long). from what i've read there's a good chance he'll be as good as new. ya know dallas did the same thing with jaylon smith.
    Reports on Jaylon aren't good from what I remember hearing last. Something about drop foot and needing a brace. Prob won't be as good as he should have been. Its a shame, really. And I don't think there's anyway Sidney or Mixon last till our 3rd round pick. I can see someone pulling a Cowboy and picking Sidney Jones in the second. He's even saying he'll see the playing field this coming up season. Only time will tell. I'd strongly consider Sidney Jones in the 2nd as well. Gotta remember he excelled in the pass happy Pac-12 or 10 or whatever they call themselves out there.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

The injury to Jaylon Smith was basically a career ender. Jones, I doubt will be career ending, but he might suffer for the rest of his career as a result. Cowboys way overdrafted on Smith considering the extent of his knee injury.

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    Reports on Jaylon aren't good from what I remember hearing last. Something about drop foot and needing a brace. Prob won't be as good as he should have been.
    that was all talk from the draft last year

here he is a month ago

I believe the talks before the draft were if his nerves were ever going to grow back. He had just had the surgery and certain details weren't known. Some people around here, don't trust the team Drs. Kinda similar views about GBs doctors. They still believe the dropfoot and brace are going to hinder him. Only time will tell.

Smith looks pretty damn good in that video from a month ago. This is shaping up to be another Jerry Jones and company coup.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Smith looks pretty damn good in that video from a month ago. This is shaping up to be another Jerry Jones and company coup.
    yup...wouldn't be surprised if plays this year. next year for sure.

maybe ted will take jones in the 1st? tell jones to take it slow and steady and play in 2018. then maybe pull a trade and move up in the 2nd round.

nah...what am i thinkin?
    Last edited by gbgary; 03-26-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    yup...wouldn't be surprised if plays this year. next year for sure.

maybe ted will take jones in the 1st? tell jones to take it slow and steady and play in 2018. then maybe pull a trade and move up in the 2nd round.

nah...what am i thinkin?
    that just adds up to another wasted year of a-rod

we need to find an immediate impact player at CB, imo waiting 2 or 3 years for a #1 corner to develop means wasting the last few good years a-rod has left

i guess he doesn't even need to be an impact cb, just someone who can line up on the other teams best WR and allow less then 150 yards

Blog Entries
    We need pass rush and more pass rush....and a number one CB.....and TEAM SPEED....and......OL and RB help....calculating the bust ratio....do we have 15 draft picks this yr ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    We need pass rush and more pass rush....and a number one CB.....and TEAM SPEED....and......OL and RB help....calculating the bust ratio....do we have 15 draft picks this yr ?
    thats the problem, thats why we couldn't afford to let guys like lacy, lang and/or tretter go

we have way too many desperate needs right now, and we really didn't need to have the many, its all self inflicted

we could have gone into the draft with two major needs, pass rush and CB, instead we have 4

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    thats the problem, thats why we couldn't afford to let guys like lacy, lang and/or tretter go

we have way too many desperate needs right now, and we really didn't need to have the many, its all self inflicted

we could have gone into the draft with two major needs, pass rush and CB, instead we have 4

When we let guys go like this one would think we use those finds to find at least average replacements to we're not so desperate going into the draft. But that's not Ted's way.
    He'll use the draft to replenish as much as he can...and then load up on undrafted free agents to hopefully find another gem.

And he'll use that money to extend somebody he wants to extend and frontload funds into this year so our cap is healthy down the road. And we'll stay good.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I have no problem passing on Lang instead of making him one the five highest paid guards in the NFL.
    Lacy has yet to prove he can avoid Golden Corral.

I could have gone either way on these guys, but they were not without quite a bit of risk for the price.

I do find it amusing all these average type players we're losing are leaving such gapping holes to fill. What was the number? 4 huge holes to fill? I'll give you Shields and a partial on Lang. Yes Lang is a Pro Bowler but he does play the easiest position to fill on the O-line. By rule, if the player is average, filling his position shouldn't be considered a big hole.

My bet is TT takes pass rush first. CB second. After that its a crap shoot, but I would bet on 2 RB and 2 OL in whatever order. He will hope a guard emerges so he doesn't have to move Bulaga and piss him off in a contract year. Spriggs has to come in about 320 to play tackle though and that would be a lot in one year.

I'm not real worried about RB since I think the OL makes the back. There is a reason it seesm like you always have 3 good RB's at a time or zero. (tony fischer....seriously you all thought he was a stud #3 RB).
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

we need to find an immediate impact player at CB, imo waiting 2 or 3 years for a #1 corner to develop means wasting the last few good years a-rod has left

i guess he doesn't even need to be an impact cb, just someone who can line up on the other teams best WR and allow less then 150 yards
    yup...that's why i hesitated.

I hate wasting these years of Rodgers' prime too but it isn't like he's 37/38...

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I have no problem passing on Lang instead of making him one the five highest paid guards in the NFL.
    Lacy has yet to prove he can avoid Golden Corral.

I could have gone either way on these guys, but they were not without quite a bit of risk for the price.
    Yes, the only real hole right now IMO is OG. RB is a position where a rookie can make an immediate impact for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I hate wasting these years of Rodgers' prime too but it isn't like he's 37/38...
    more than his age i'm more worried about his attitude. it's great now, and he's hot to win, but how long will he stay that way without seeing progress? his all-in edict is not something to be taken lightly. he's got plenty of outside interests and if football ever falls down the priority list he'll be gone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    I do find it amusing all these average type players we're losing are leaving such gapping holes to fill. What was the number? 4 huge holes to fill? I'll give you Shields and a partial on Lang. Yes Lang is a Pro Bowler but he does play the easiest position to fill on the O-line. By rule, if the player is average, filling his position shouldn't be considered a big hole.

TJ LANG....AVERAGE ??

If that's our standard for average we should start getting some average players to defense cause that would result in some Super Bowl Action

Now that they are gone it seems so convenient to label losses as Marginal. And we'll miss Julius Peppers too; he provided some much needed pass rush at time. And we'll miss Shields (CB) and Lang (OG). And our ILB's already were plodders so no matter how you shake he LBing core to be above average we need an impact player there. Seems like a lot to ask seeing we'll hit some and miss some in the draft.

I'm not in the we should resign them all camp; I'm in the camp that is you let them walk use the cap space to get some help........perhaps on Defense.

But instead of doing so, we let guys walk, and use our loot of draft picks to replace them....and recycle the bottom of the roster, which was nothing to brag about lately. And we'll have cap space..and frontload.

Isn't it the proven recipe to stay good ?

He's not saying Lang is average, He flatly states is going to be hard to find a CB to take Shields place or duplicate Pro Bowl performance at Guard again. But finding a guard is easier than a #1 corner. Just look at the salaries.

He is complaining that Red's list of gigantic gaping holes has grown to 4.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.