Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 NFL draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    Reports on Jaylon aren't good from what I remember hearing last. Something about drop foot and needing a brace. Prob won't be as good as he should have been.
    that was all talk from the draft last year

here he is a month ago

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    After really looking into Mixon, he has ONE blemish on his record. His apology was his own, not something read from a cue card. He has done everything right before and since. He has Reggie Bush kinda talent. I'd be thrilled with him in the 3rd.
    He has more than one blemish and one of them was after hitting the women.

Backing a parking attendant down with his car after he ripped up a parking citation and threw it back at them. Cost him one game. and this was after being suspended for decking the women. http://kfor.com/2016/11/04/newly-rel...ing-attendant/

However, Dalvin Cook might make this guy look good in comparison.

Ian Kenyon‏ @IanKenyonNFL

-Robbery (2009)
    -Firing a weapon (2010)
    -"Criminal Mischief" (2014)
    -Mistreating puppies (2014)
    -Aggravated assault (2014--not charged)
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Eh, if he hit a woman, just hope he learns and grows. People make mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He has more than one blemish and one of them was after hitting the women.

Backing a parking attendant down with his car after he ripped up a parking citation and threw it back at them. Cost him one game. and this was after being suspended for decking the women. http://kfor.com/2016/11/04/newly-rel...ing-attendant/

However, Dalvin Cook might make this guy look good in comparison.

Ian Kenyon‏ @IanKenyonNFL

-Robbery (2009)
    -Firing a weapon (2010)
    -"Criminal Mischief" (2014)
    -Mistreating puppies (2014)
    -Aggravated assault (2014--not charged)
    Ah...didn't read about the "randy moss wannabe" incident. I was Ok with everything about Cook until I read mistreating puppies. Fuck him, don't want him.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

The injury to Jaylon Smith was basically a career ender. Jones, I doubt will be career ending, but he might suffer for the rest of his career as a result. Cowboys way overdrafted on Smith considering the extent of his knee injury.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    I believe the talks before the draft were if his nerves were ever going to grow back. He had just had the surgery and certain details weren't known. Some people around here, don't trust the team Drs. Kinda similar views about GBs doctors. They still believe the dropfoot and brace are going to hinder him. Only time will tell.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Smith looks pretty damn good in that video from a month ago. This is shaping up to be another Jerry Jones and company coup.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Smith looks pretty damn good in that video from a month ago. This is shaping up to be another Jerry Jones and company coup.
    yup...wouldn't be surprised if plays this year. next year for sure.

maybe ted will take jones in the 1st? tell jones to take it slow and steady and play in 2018. then maybe pull a trade and move up in the 2nd round.

nah...what am i thinkin?
    Last edited by gbgary; 03-26-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    yup...wouldn't be surprised if plays this year. next year for sure.

maybe ted will take jones in the 1st? tell jones to take it slow and steady and play in 2018. then maybe pull a trade and move up in the 2nd round.

nah...what am i thinkin?
    that just adds up to another wasted year of a-rod

we need to find an immediate impact player at CB, imo waiting 2 or 3 years for a #1 corner to develop means wasting the last few good years a-rod has left

i guess he doesn't even need to be an impact cb, just someone who can line up on the other teams best WR and allow less then 150 yards

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

we need to find an immediate impact player at CB, imo waiting 2 or 3 years for a #1 corner to develop means wasting the last few good years a-rod has left

i guess he doesn't even need to be an impact cb, just someone who can line up on the other teams best WR and allow less then 150 yards
    yup...that's why i hesitated.

I hate wasting these years of Rodgers' prime too but it isn't like he's 37/38...

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I hate wasting these years of Rodgers' prime too but it isn't like he's 37/38...
    more than his age i'm more worried about his attitude. it's great now, and he's hot to win, but how long will he stay that way without seeing progress? his all-in edict is not something to be taken lightly. he's got plenty of outside interests and if football ever falls down the priority list he'll be gone.

Blog Entries
    We need pass rush and more pass rush....and a number one CB.....and TEAM SPEED....and......OL and RB help....calculating the bust ratio....do we have 15 draft picks this yr ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    We need pass rush and more pass rush....and a number one CB.....and TEAM SPEED....and......OL and RB help....calculating the bust ratio....do we have 15 draft picks this yr ?
    thats the problem, thats why we couldn't afford to let guys like lacy, lang and/or tretter go

we have way too many desperate needs right now, and we really didn't need to have the many, its all self inflicted

we could have gone into the draft with two major needs, pass rush and CB, instead we have 4

Blog Entries
    thats the problem, thats why we couldn't afford to let guys like lacy, lang and/or tretter go

we have way too many desperate needs right now, and we really didn't need to have the many, its all self inflicted

we could have gone into the draft with two major needs, pass rush and CB, instead we have 4

When we let guys go like this one would think we use those finds to find at least average replacements to we're not so desperate going into the draft. But that's not Ted's way.
    He'll use the draft to replenish as much as he can...and then load up on undrafted free agents to hopefully find another gem.

And he'll use that money to extend somebody he wants to extend and frontload funds into this year so our cap is healthy down the road. And we'll stay good.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I have no problem passing on Lang instead of making him one the five highest paid guards in the NFL.
    Lacy has yet to prove he can avoid Golden Corral.

I could have gone either way on these guys, but they were not without quite a bit of risk for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I have no problem passing on Lang instead of making him one the five highest paid guards in the NFL.
    Lacy has yet to prove he can avoid Golden Corral.

I could have gone either way on these guys, but they were not without quite a bit of risk for the price.
    Yes, the only real hole right now IMO is OG. RB is a position where a rookie can make an immediate impact for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Yes, the only real hole right now IMO is OG. RB is a position where a rookie can make an immediate impact for us.
    Some teams have hit on some guys who are immediate players at RB, I don't think we've had that kind of luck over the years, and RB overall has a very high bust rate

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Some teams have hit on some guys who are immediate players at RB, I don't think we've had that kind of luck over the years, and RB overall has a very high bust rate
    Lacy won OROY. Was that immediate enough? Too bad he ate his way off this team.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    Lacy won OROY. Was that immediate enough? Too bad he ate his way off this team.
    Also Franklin had some real signs of promise before breaking his neck.