Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 NFL draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    I'm all for second chances. If you say he's already had his second chance and its true, them I'm out. But if he's been clean since I take a look at him. We can always sit down later and try to set up some community service programs for domestic violence or awareness rally's or a number of things. Dez Bryant has done that here in Dallas in the past, after the rumor/story he hit his mom.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    However, I wouldn't touch him till the 3rd and I don't think he falls that far. As of right now I'm looking for OLB/Edge in the 1st, CB in the 2nd, then either Guard or RB in the third. I say this knowing targeting a single position is a sure way to disappointment.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Well, since we're on to personal experiences, having seen the Mixon video, it reminded me of one event. I was about 14 and my brother was about 10. He was pounding on my head over and over. Truth be told, I probably had been teasing him. Anyway, I tucked up like Ali on the ropes, but at one point, he got me enough to stun me. I had just gone through a growth spurt, and I reacted with a good right cross and caught him on the chin. I had been in fights, but that was the first time I ever heard that special "click" sound when you really connect. My brother was crying and moaning; My mother got super mad; And when my dad got home from work ...... let's just say nobody had a problem with corporal punishment in those days.

The point is, I saw the video, and I think that woman caught Mixon just enough to sting him and cause an unthinking reaction. That doesn't excuse it, and I'm not saying the bitch had it coming, but if he doesn't have a history of that sort of thing, he shouldn't have his life ruined any more than it already has been over this incident. I also saw Mixon interviewed, and he seemed like a humble and decent guy.

Also, I'm on record saying many months ago that he is a damn good player - a far better NFL prospect than his team mate, Perrine. I'd be pleased to have the Packers get him as a third round bargain and maybe even in the 2nd round.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

DP

Not trolling. That's karma. Calmer man walks away and never goes near her again. But not everyone feels calm after they get hit. I would do better there, but I don't hate the guy for snapping like that. I get it.

My older sister stomped the shit out of me until I turned 14ish and she never hit me again. Why? Because I knocked her out. I was smaller and as far as I'm concerned she had it coming. Still don't feel bad for it.

mixon, sure he needs to learn and grow, but I don't judge him too bad for what he did when he was 18 in that video. He could be a great guy, and I mean that. That's not trolling. I know great people who have done far worse. If I talked to him and he seemed like a good guy who has a temper problem that he's worked on, I'd sign him in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 04-02-2017 at 12:28 AM.

Thank you bobblehead. Great post.

Its a crime. Karma doesn't enter into it. And they weren't family. He was not hitting on her but taunting or insulting her friend outside. Most people do not react like that.

He later pulled a Moss with a parking attendant.

He has a lot to answer for and I am not impressed by the one statement I have seen that I would bet was drafted by his lawyers. He's been on the radio since, but I have not heard his interviews. He would need a LOT more acts of contrition before I would even consider changing my mind from thinking this is simply a checklist for a contract drive.

Money is a poor motivator for personal improvement.

Would still take him over Cook, who has a much worse track record.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Didn't know all the details. Yeah, it's worse than it looked on camera knowing those details.

I still have hope for him as a human being though. People get lost and people get found. So I'm still not gonna call him scum, but he deserves scrutiny for this, for sure. He earned that.

well, we brought the piece of shit in for a visit

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-for-a-visit/

guess we're that desperate to pay a RB less then 3 million a year that we are willing to look at the shit of the earth

Well, no way they draft the POS now. TT never shows his hand like that. Diversionary tatic to bring him in.

good point

They tend to bring in people they are thinking about grabbing later. So maybe they think this kid falls substantially?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

like i said before...he'll be gone before we pick anyway.

Guys I like so far...

Hassan Reddick, LB, Temple (would trade up if necessary to get him - would play him all over, but start him in the middle on "base" downs)
    Zach Cunningham, OLB, Vanderbilt
    DeMarcus Walker, DE, FSU
    Carl Lawson, OLB, Auburn
    Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova
    Jarrad Davis LB, Florida

Tons and Tons of depth in the front seven - be it DL, Edge, or LB. Gonna take some time to look thru them.

Gonna start looking at CB's now...
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Guys I like so far...

Hassan Reddick, LB, Temple.
    I like this guy too. Might take him a year or two before he's fully comfortable at ILB, but he'd rush the passer right away and make one or two big plays per game where his physicality makes the difference.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Guys I like so far...

Hassan Reddick, LB, Temple (would trade up if necessary to get him - would play him all over, but start him in the middle on "base" downs)
    Zach Cunningham, OLB, Vanderbilt
    DeMarcus Walker, DE, FSU
    Carl Lawson, OLB, Auburn
    Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova
    Jarrad Davis LB, Florida

Tons and Tons of depth in the front seven - be it DL, Edge, or LB. Gonna take some time to look thru them.

Gonna start looking at CB's now...

BADGER HATER !!! lol
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

No way Reddick is there when we pick.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    No way Reddick is there when we pick.
    I don't think he'll be there either, but... if the various mocks I've been looking at are any indication, this is going to be one the most wide open and unpredictable first 2 rounds we've seen in a long time.

Some mocks have guys going in the top 10, others have them going in the late 1st round. It is a very deep draft at several positions and there is a lot of variance in opinion as to where teams have players ranked.

Hopefully Ted won't fuck it up with another "good football player".

As for Reddick - he isn't a Dom/TT kind of player anyway... Too short to be pencilled in on the outside, and they don't care enough about the ILB position to invest a 1st round pick in.
    wist

I think it's the first time wist and I agree on something. I like Reddick as the best edge player for GB's defense. I like Cunnnigham in the inside, possibly at our spot at 29.

Alright, I am quite cheap by nature, but I am considering buying a draft guide so I can more effectively fend off Bretsky's assaults on my player evaluations (read mostly Cullen Jenkins). I also want some evidence that wist and smuggler (think it was smuggler) are nuts for thinking Hasan Reddick can play OLB for the Packers.

Anyone who wants details should head right to the Garbage.