Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 NFL draft thread

Mixon is a scumbag. Good kids don't do what he did. He only apologized AFTER the video was released and everyone could see what a piece of shit he was.
    Now you want to say I don't care if the Packers draft a scumbag, fine. But don't tell me he's not a scumbag.

Eh, he's a new age guy. Trying to put women on equal footing. As far as I'm concerned, he made a reasonable response to heinous and overt racism. Compare his criminal history with Dalvin Cook. Then tell me which is the scumbag.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Eh, he's a new age guy. Trying to put women on equal footing. As far as I'm concerned, he made a reasonable response to heinous and overt racism. Compare his criminal history with Dalvin Cook. Then tell me which is the scumbag.
    BOTH
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    BOTH
    yup

Turn your back and walk away. That's just stupid. I want tough football players on the Packers not idiot thugs.
    C.H.U.D.

he didn't just hit her, which is bad enough

he hit her with everything he had

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    he didn't just hit her, which is bad enough

he hit her with everything he had

IMO you don't hit chicks
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I don't disagree.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    I'm all for second chances. If you say he's already had his second chance and its true, them I'm out. But if he's been clean since I take a look at him. We can always sit down later and try to set up some community service programs for domestic violence or awareness rally's or a number of things. Dez Bryant has done that here in Dallas in the past, after the rumor/story he hit his mom.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    However, I wouldn't touch him till the 3rd and I don't think he falls that far. As of right now I'm looking for OLB/Edge in the 1st, CB in the 2nd, then either Guard or RB in the third. I say this knowing targeting a single position is a sure way to disappointment.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Just watched some Joe Mixon tape. He's a beast.

Read some chick was slapping him and he punched her in the face. Whatever. She wants to hit she better be ready to get hit. That's karma.
    That is complete bullshit.

My ex-wife hit me and I pulled back my fist to hit in the face and then I stopped. I realized I wouldn't allow her actions to turn my into something I would hate to be. I moved out of the house the next morning.

To excuse someone else's behavior is ridiculous. We always have the choice to make better decisions. Be a real man. Be better than people that behave like that woman was.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post

My ex-wife hit me and I pulled back my fist to hit in the face and then I stopped. I realized I wouldn't allow her actions to turn my into something I would hate to be. I moved out of the house the next morning.

To excuse someone else's behavior is ridiculous. We always have the choice to make better decisions. Be a real man. Be better than people that behave like that woman was.
    Repped.

BTW, JH is just trolling.

Well, since we're on to personal experiences, having seen the Mixon video, it reminded me of one event. I was about 14 and my brother was about 10. He was pounding on my head over and over. Truth be told, I probably had been teasing him. Anyway, I tucked up like Ali on the ropes, but at one point, he got me enough to stun me. I had just gone through a growth spurt, and I reacted with a good right cross and caught him on the chin. I had been in fights, but that was the first time I ever heard that special "click" sound when you really connect. My brother was crying and moaning; My mother got super mad; And when my dad got home from work ...... let's just say nobody had a problem with corporal punishment in those days.

The point is, I saw the video, and I think that woman caught Mixon just enough to sting him and cause an unthinking reaction. That doesn't excuse it, and I'm not saying the bitch had it coming, but if he doesn't have a history of that sort of thing, he shouldn't have his life ruined any more than it already has been over this incident. I also saw Mixon interviewed, and he seemed like a humble and decent guy.

Also, I'm on record saying many months ago that he is a damn good player - a far better NFL prospect than his team mate, Perrine. I'd be pleased to have the Packers get him as a third round bargain and maybe even in the 2nd round.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

DP

Not trolling. That's karma. Calmer man walks away and never goes near her again. But not everyone feels calm after they get hit. I would do better there, but I don't hate the guy for snapping like that. I get it.

My older sister stomped the shit out of me until I turned 14ish and she never hit me again. Why? Because I knocked her out. I was smaller and as far as I'm concerned she had it coming. Still don't feel bad for it.

mixon, sure he needs to learn and grow, but I don't judge him too bad for what he did when he was 18 in that video. He could be a great guy, and I mean that. That's not trolling. I know great people who have done far worse. If I talked to him and he seemed like a good guy who has a temper problem that he's worked on, I'd sign him in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 04-02-2017 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post

Don't read this as excusing what he did, but think. Your upbringing was likely night and day compared to Mixon. You got angry enough to pull your fist back. You weren't an 18 year old kid.

He was 100% wrong, but again, look at the circumstance. Blondie didn't like Mixon hitting on her. She taunted him. He lunged at her. She slapped him. He decked her. Its a very unfortunate escalation that he should be above, but he wasn't. He seems to have learned a lesson. Maybe he is a complete punk and has put on a good act since, but I believe he is a normal kid who did something incredibly stupid. I wouldn't be heartbroken if we grabbed him at the end of the 2nd or 3rd.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Thank you bobblehead. Great post.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Holy shit, reasonable response? You do know that he walked into the place calling her friend a faggot first?

Its a crime. Karma doesn't enter into it. And they weren't family. He was not hitting on her but taunting or insulting her friend outside. Most people do not react like that.

He later pulled a Moss with a parking attendant.

He has a lot to answer for and I am not impressed by the one statement I have seen that I would bet was drafted by his lawyers. He's been on the radio since, but I have not heard his interviews. He would need a LOT more acts of contrition before I would even consider changing my mind from thinking this is simply a checklist for a contract drive.

Money is a poor motivator for personal improvement.

Would still take him over Cook, who has a much worse track record.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Didn't know all the details. Yeah, it's worse than it looked on camera knowing those details.

I still have hope for him as a human being though. People get lost and people get found. So I'm still not gonna call him scum, but he deserves scrutiny for this, for sure. He earned that.