Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 NFL draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Trade Arod?
    And go with Hundley? Thanks but no thanks.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    And go with Hundley? Thanks but no thanks.
    It was sarcasm...I think.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Honestly they really could just BPA this high pick. They need difference makers at most positions (CB, WR, LB, TE, RB). If they re-sign Cook they could probably get by without a TE upgrade, but any of the other positions, getting a stud will really help. They are going to have high picks, so they really need to nail this draft, especially the first three rounds.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Honestly they really could just BPA this high pick. They need difference makers at most positions (CB, WR, LB, TE, RB). If they re-sign Cook they could probably get by without a TE upgrade, but any of the other positions, getting a stud will really help. They are going to have high picks, so they really need to nail this draft, especially the first three rounds.
    Agree completely. Trade Arod? Stop the crazy talk people.
    C.H.U.D.

If Lacy leaves, Dalvin Cook anyone?

No. This offense will not work featuring a back like Minnesota or Tennessee do. I would not spend the pick on a player that will get 20 carries in tight games.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    No. This offense will not work featuring a back like Minnesota or Tennessee do. I would not spend the pick on a player that will get 20 carries in tight games.
    He's not real big, so I don't know that he'd be a 300 carry guy. But he has breakaway speed, and is a good pass receiver. He also missed a game last year with a hamstring injury, so he's Packer People.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    He's not real big, so I don't know that he'd be a 300 carry guy. But he has breakaway speed, and is a good pass receiver. He also missed a game last year with a hamstring injury, so he's Packer People.
    Then yes, you may proceed.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

C.H.U.D.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Yes please.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Cook would be a good pick. He can catch the ball, and would instantly add speed to a slow offense.

It's amazing to me with all the 4.3 guys on O now, that they still look so sluggish.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Cook would be a good pick. He can catch the ball, and would instantly add speed to a slow offense.

It's amazing to me with all the 4.3 guys on O now, that they still look so sluggish.
    4.3 ain't what it use to be. In the old days it was ready, set, go and the coach started the clock on go. You had a reaction time before the athlete started running. Now the clock starts on first movement of the player and the use technology to know exactly when the finish line is crossed verses the coach hitting his stop watch bottom.

The Olympics have started combatting this in the 100m & 200m races by having a delay time in when the gun goes off to when the runners move. If the runner moves too fast, he was anticipating the gun and getting an advantage by hoping to "cheat" the actually start.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I don't know if I want to invest a high 1st round pick into a RB when we have bigger issues to address. I suggest we resign Lacy - he isn't gonna cost a fortune - instead.

no running back. we're a passing team. needs to be the best wr available...or tight end (to take dickrods place).

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    no running back. we're a passing team. needs to be the best wr available...or tight end (to take dickrods place).
    Packers could be in Mike Williams territory. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p.../mike-williams

I'd prefer a pass rusher, but the top of the draft looks weak there.

Would be nice to draft a star at and then keep Lacy on an injured fool discount. An upgrade at RB and WR would help us next year!

corey davis just broke the all time fbs receiving yards mark

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    corey davis just broke the all time fbs receiving yards mark
    Davis seems more like a TT guy. If TT is around. Maybe Aaron wants Mike Williams with the Hopkins comparisons.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

CBS has Davis ranked 39th overall. If accurate, that could fit right in with Packers 2nd round pick. He'll probably go higher than that if he performs well at the Senior Bowl and Combine though.

CBS has Davis ranked 39th overall. If accurate, that could fit right in with Packers 2nd round pick. He'll probably go higher than that if he performs well at the Senior Bowl and Combine though.
    i've also seen sites having him go in the top 10

which may fit right in with our first round plans

PFF has him going #7 overall

sports illustrated has him at #13
    Last edited by red; 11-25-2016 at 06:17 PM.