Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 NFL draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Yeah, it's not a super secret special club, anyone can get access

And it is home to my greatest thread
    The one where you cried like a school girl and begged Mad to ban all of us who dared speak a political breath?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    The one where you cried like a school girl and begged Mad to ban all of us who dared speak a political breath?
    no, the "FUCK" thread

and i didn't need to do any begging, i had some "silent partners" in that ordeal

Help is on the way.

Bob McGinn‏ @BobMcGinn 2m2 minutes ago
    St. Norbert LS Joe Rotherham (GB Notre Dame) worked out for #Packers Fri. Began career at Nebraska. Father, Gary, is on Packers board.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Help is on the way.

St. Norbert LS Joe Rotherham (GB Notre Dame) worked out for #Packers Fri. Began career at Nebraska. Father, Gary, is on Packers board.
    We look to have one of the deepest long snapper groups in the NFL......

If TT was ever interested in a fast star ILB, Jarred Davis looks like a beast inside!!

Help is on the way.

Nepotism!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    If TT was ever interested in a fast star ILB, Jarred Davis looks like a beast inside!!
    I like Davis better than what we have, but he's strictly an inside guy I think. Don't think Ted would even consider an ILB as high as Davis is likely to go.

I'm hoping for Reddick or maybe Cunningham in the 1st.

Have you seen where CB Rasul Douglas is slotted?? I've seen as high as 2nd round and as low as 5th round... liked what I saw of him.

Seems to be a lot of very wide variation of opinion throughout this draft... must be because it's so deep.
    wist

Good find in Douglas, wist. Looks so natural and instinctive.... like Woodson who was always doing little smart things that looked on accident but he's just that much more dialed in than everyone else.

I worry a little bit about that speed, and he should drop because of it. I think we could get him in the 2nd and have a playmaker from game 1. Maybe he'll get beat once in a while cuz of the long speed, but he's so smart strong and aggressive attacking the ball and natural in gaining position that he could easily make up for it.

Pick 1, reddick or Cunningham or Davis and pick 2 Douglas would be fun.

Free: Outside Linebacker history and possible draft picks who fit the mold.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/sto...-draft-history

Without Peppers and Jones, the Packers have lost their elephants. Should they want a player to fill that role, easily the best option is Michigan’s Taco Charlton (6-5 5/8, 277; 4.92 40; 4.39 shuttle; 7.17 3-cone). Other considerations are Florida State’s DeMarcus Walker (6-3 5/8, 280; 4.88 40; 4.71 shuttle; 7.91 3-cone), Michigan State’s Malik McDowell (6-6 1/4, 295; 4.85 40; 4.53 shuttle; 7.69 3-cone), Villanova’s Tanoh Kpassagnon (6-6 3/4, 289; 4.83 40; 4.62 shuttle; 7.46 3-cone) and Arkansas’ Deatrich Wise (6-5 1/4, 274; 4.92 40; 4.36 shuttle; 7.07 3-cone).
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Free: Outside Linebacker history and possible draft picks who fit the mold.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/sto...-draft-history
    Is there any distinction anymore between a 4-3 DE prospect and an Elephant prospect?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Is there any distinction anymore between a 4-3 DE prospect and an Elephant prospect?
    my draft magazine i usually get isn't even making a distiction between 4-3 DEs and 3-4 OLBs anymore. they just lump them into the "edge" category

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I don't know how McCarthy thinks of this position. Size or height maybe? Only Neal was 6' 3". Without knowing how he thought about them, the only way to distinguish them to me was that the Elephants all used to play the line, with a hand in the dirt.

But both Peppers and Jones were on the larger side.

I'm in the BPA camp generally, but if I purely off need I think "Edge' is a bigger need than CB. History shows CM3 and Perry won't be healthy for a full 16 and until they prove otherwise, Fackrell/Gilbert/Elliott are a bunch of who-dat's behind them. I think they look to draft someone early...Charlton might fit the Peppers/Jones mold, the others I'm not a fan of. McDowell scares a lot of people with his [lack of] motor...Mike Daniels would eat him alive.

Better pash rush helps the secondary, and they have some high picks there that should bounce back. I think they need more speed at corner, Rollins and Gunter aren't burners and Goodson/Dorleant are coming off significant knee injuries.

TT has already spent a couple of mid-round picks on ILB. I'm guessing he's looking at those as significant investments at a non-premium position that should pay off, otherwise he's gotta go back to the well. I think they like the trio of Ryan/Martinez/Thomas with CM3 or Burnett playing there sometimes. They'll pick over the UDFA pile for some camp bodies who might surprise.

run has a good point. I think depth at CB is priority 1. But history is also blinking a warning light that for at least three games this season, neither Matthews nor Perry will be able to play.

Will renew my call for someone with PFF access to get some league rankings for Packers pass rush on board. If you add in pressures, the CBs had a much worse year than an above average pass rush.

Ideally I'd prefer a pass rusher first too. They're hard to find. Lots of corners in this draft.

Pass rusher / corner / RB would be the 1st 2nd 3rd I'd be hoping for!

I'd take a super fast star ILB who can rush the passer too. I'd be happy with that. I like jabril peppers too.

Peppers / edge falls to us / corner falls to us would be exciting too. Lots of depth where we need help this year.

BPA-Defense is my request.

Would need to be Rodgers level talent to drop for me to want offense.

Mike Tanier @MikeTanier

Gosh, if only there were good RBs in this draft.
    Or any history of midround picks succeeding.
    Or evidence that old RBs are bad investment.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I'd take a super fast star ILB who can rush the passer too. I'd be happy with that. I like jabril peppers too.

Peppers / edge falls to us / corner falls to us would be exciting too. Lots of depth where we need help this year.
    Do you think Peppers will last until #29?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Do you think Peppers will last until #29?
    I wonder the same thing. Is he as good as perception, or is he more hype?