Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 NFL draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I'd take a super fast star ILB who can rush the passer too. I'd be happy with that.
    That would be my top choice to if one is available. I haven't heard much about this Jared Davis. 2nd or 3rd, Rasul Douglas sounds like the right type of Corner - instinctive. I don't really want a RB early. Maybe go O Line about 3rd.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Do you think Peppers will last until #29?
    He's being mocked all over the place from top 10 to second round

So, no one knows

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I'd take a super fast star ILB who can rush the passer too. I'd be happy with that. I like jabril peppers too.

Peppers / edge falls to us / corner falls to us would be exciting too. Lots of depth where we need help this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    That would be my top choice to if one is available. I haven't heard much about this Jared Davis. 2nd or 3rd, Rasul Douglas sounds like the right type of Corner - instinctive. I don't really want a RB early. Maybe go O Line about 3rd.
    That would Reddick... wouldn't say "super fast", but the guy is a bona fide stud. Played DE and outside in college, but I'd play him inside.

If he drops into the 20's, I'd trade up to get him.
    wist

What is everyone's take on Kpassognon??

Despite being "high cut" - a trait I tend not to like - I think he is athletic enough to make an impact.
    wist

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    That would Reddick... wouldn't say "super fast", but the guy is a bona fide stud. Played DE and outside in college, but I'd play him inside.

If he drops into the 20's, I'd trade up to get him.

Trading up in round one often means giving up a round 2 or round 3 pick. Not sure that would be smart given our portfolio of holes
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Trading up in round one often means giving up a round 2 or round 3 pick. Not sure that would be smart given our portfolio of holes
    Not talking about moving up 15 spots...

Assuming they've done their homework, they should have an idea of what direction each team in front of them is leaning... if Reddick lasts to 24 or so - a 4th should do it; or a 4th and move down in another round.

A 3rd would be a lot to give up... and while we have a lot of holes and depth problems, drafting one difference maker on defense would go a long way.

I've seen Reddick mocked at 26 - seen him mocked as high as the top 10. Crazy draft for predicting where guys are slotted.
    wist

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    What is everyone's take on Kpassognon??

Despite being "high cut" - a trait I tend not to like - I think he is athletic enough to make an impact.
    Dominant player on film, but who does he play against? I'd be impressed if he played in the SEC or Big Ten. Villanova plays bunnies.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Dominant player on film, but who does he play against? I'd be impressed if he played in the SEC or Big Ten. Villanova plays bunnies.
    Of course you have to factor thru the level of competition... you have to evaluate him solely on what you think he can be.

Seems to be a good kid... my guess is he goes in the 2nd or 3rd round.

BTW - Howie Long played at Villanova.
    wist

Of course you have to factor thru the level of competition... you have to evaluate him solely on what you think he can be.

Seems to be a good kid... my guess is he goes in the 2nd or 3rd round.

BTW - Howie Long played at Villanova.
    Obviously, I could be wrong, but I think spending a 2nd or 3rd round pick on him would be a huge gamble. I wouldn't do it. I doubt Ted would.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

If his head is as big as Howie Long's, then I would risk it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

A potential sleeper I stumbled upon at LB (I would argue ILB) is Javancy Jones, Jackson State.
    wist

Tyus bowser looks good off the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Do you think Peppers will last until #29?
    no.

Put Mike Tanier down as a counter about Teez Tabor's first round prospects. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aft-day-slides

Repeat after me: Teams do not draft slow cornerbacks.

But Teez Tabor succeeded against the highest-level competition outside the NFL. That should translate...

Teams do not draft slow cornerbacks.

You need to watch some tape. You'll see he can...

Teams do not draft slow cornerbacks.

You are putting way too much stock in workout results and not enough stock in...

TEAMS DO NOT DRAFT SLOW CORNERBACKS (sky darkens, thunder rumbles in distance).

Tabor ran a 4.62 40 at the combine and was clocked anywhere between 4.75 seconds and "he's still running" at Florida's pro day. Most teams have a minimum speed threshold for draftable cornerbacks, and that threshold hovers around 4.6 seconds. Any slower than that, and the cornerback is too great a liability in man coverage against too high a percentage of NFL receivers to be anything but a nickel and dime role player.

Tabor's size, instincts and other qualities will get him drafted by the middle of Day 2, when teams can start shopping for matchup players or high-upside projects. But Tabor looked like a potential top-15 pick before anyone saw him run. No amount of finger-crossing, video editing or excuse mongering will keep him there
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Razul Douglas ran a 4.59 at the Combine.

a mock on nfl network just had us picking mixon. (bucky brooks)

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    a mock on nfl network just had us picking mixon. (bucky brooks)
    That comforts me because I think Bucky Brooks is a terrible analyst. I don't think we'll ever see TT use a 1st round pick on a RB, especially one with Mixon's red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Razul Douglas ran a 4.59 at the Combine.
    Wasn't he in Batman Begins?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Wasn't he in Batman Begins?
    A distant cousin maybe.

I like this scout. He calls teams idiots (possibly including the Packers) rather than the kids in the draft.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...nfl-draft-buzz