Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 NFL draft thread

i did a reverse seach by prospect

Tarik Cohen, RB, North Carolina A&T, brought him in for a workout
    cook, met at the combine
    Aaron Jones, RB, Texas-El Paso, met at the combine
    mixon, who was a private workout
    Joseph Williams, RB, Utah, met him at the shrine game

i guess not a ton, but still, a good chunk of the guys we've met with so far have been RB's

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i did a reverse seach by prospect

Tarik Cohen, RB, North Carolina A&T, brought him in for a workout
    cook, met at the combine
    Aaron Jones, RB, Texas-El Paso, met at the combine
    mixon, who was a private workout
    Joseph Williams, RB, Utah, met him at the shrine game

i guess not a ton, but still, a good chunk of the guys we've met with so far have been RB's
    OK, but meeting at the Combine and Senior Bowl is par for the course for as many prospects as they fit in. They even meet with players they think will be long gone before their pick. Bringing them to Lambeau usually means something needs to be viewed in person (Mixon's past violence) or a player they are thinking about taking late in draft or UDFA.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

What struck me was the small number of guys they've even met with as a team compared to everyone else

And then to see a large number of those being rbs stood out a bit to me

What struck me was the small number of guys they've even met with as a team compared to everyone else

And then to see a large number of those being rbs stood out a bit to me
    I imagine that the Senior Bowl and Combine meets look exactly like everyone else's.

But they reserve the GB visits for the back end of the draft. There is just not as much coverage.

You aren't going to see this Tweet about the Packers having a Guard from Wyoming in for a visit.

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 41s42 seconds ago
    If this is an indication of his draft stock… #Temple LB/edge player Hassan Reddick is visiting the #Jaguars today, source said. They pick 4.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Here is my own and only draft prediction so far, Packers won't take an O lineman before the 3rd round.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Here is my own and only draft prediction so far, Packers won't take an O lineman before the 3rd round.
    My prediction stands. 4th round college tackle who projects to NFL guard. Josh Sitton-esque

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    My prediction stands. 4th round college tackle who projects to NFL guard. Josh Sitton-esque
    you just summed up every o-lineman TT ever drafted

you just summed up every o-lineman TT ever drafted
    Every good one at least. (Except Beluga)

I imagine that the Senior Bowl and Combine meets look exactly like everyone else's.

But they reserve the GB visits for the back end of the draft. There is just not as much coverage.

You aren't going to see this Tweet about the Packers having a Guard from Wyoming in for a visit.

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 41s42 seconds ago
    If this is an indication of his draft stock… #Temple LB/edge player Hassan Reddick is visiting the #Jaguars today, source said. They pick 4.
    the page seems to be working again

http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam

as you can see, we've met with 22 guys, 5 of those are RB 's

for comparison sake, houston has met with over 50 guy, the lions have met with 107, new england met with 44

so it looks like TT is fully locked away in his draft bunker that he's probably been in since may of last year, watching his tapes

the page seems to be working again

http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam

as you can see, we've met with 22 guys, 5 of those are RB 's
    But Walter Football doesn't report this by staking out each team. They are relying on press and agent reports. The Packers aren't advertising anything. Additionally,

The NFL has strict rules for these visits. Each team can bring no more than 30 players to its facility, and no on-field testing or timing is allowed, only blackboard work or written tests.
    So you are telling me that the Packers not only did not fill their allotment at the Senior Bowl or Combine, but they haven't even sent invitations to 30 players for visits?

That does against all previous history about Ted at both the Senior Bowl, the Combine and the pre-draft visits. These lists are incomplete.

actually, i think most of the reporting comes from the players, not the team

and yeah, it almost seems like in this situation TT isn't doing everything he can/could. not unlike team building where he usually neglects certain aspects available to him

actually, i think most of the reporting comes from the players, not the team

and yeah, it almost seems like in this situation TT isn't doing everything he can/could. not unlike team building where he usually neglects certain aspects available to him
    So you actually believe that the Lions, a franchise that has not been able to tie its shoes before heading out to play a game, has seen four times the number of players in the offseason as the Packers?

i do

so you think we're the only team in the nfl that announces some, but not all of the players we see?

So you actually believe that the Lions, a franchise that has not been able to tie its shoes before heading out to play a game, has seen four times the number of players in the offseason as the Packers?
    They track Pro Day workouts as meetings. Do you think that Ted himself hasn't seen more than 22 players at those?

He was at the Badgers pro day. There were 12 Badgers working out then plus some state players. One of them is listed as Combine visit (TJ Watt).

no, they count meeting a player in private at their pro day as a meeting

he might have watched those 12 guys at the badgers pro day, but it looks like he slinked out of there right after the workout without talking to anyone

which makes sence because he's not even close to being a people person

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    i do

so you think we're the only team in the nfl that announces some, but not all of the players we see?
    I think you might be over reacting just a lil bit here Red. I think TT lacks in some areas as well. But for a D&D team to not do their homework on incoming talent across the board is most likely wrong. I saw zero local visits on that Walter list. I believe I heard on Dallas radio that teams are allowed unlimited amounts of local visits. To assume TT has ZERO? Hahaha c'mon man, just bc charlie casserly doesn't know it, doesn't mean the visits didn't happen.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

i do

Given the way Ted operates, I would bet that is the case. Or that they release the list at the last possible moment.

no, they count meeting a player in private at their pro day as a meeting

he might have watched those 12 guys at the badgers pro day, but it looks like he slinked out of there right after the workout without talking to anyone

which makes sence because he's not even close to being a people person
    That isn't what the key says. Its says "PRO - Pro Day or campus meeting/workout."

If it was meeting only, then it wouldn't say meeting/workout. Or if a meeting was a must regardless, it would say Meeting AND workout.

I think you guys are nuts to think dunderdummy is doing a good job... the results and statistics simply do not validate your support for him.

It is obvious he and TT are not on the same page in the least - and since both are still in their long-standing positions, and that is not likely to change until we fans are long since in the grave... why would any of you expect anything to change??

We've been hashing this out for years, and for years we've been watching the same movie in reruns - yet you guys keep hangin in there. I'll give you credit for loyalty, but loyalty isn't winning us championships.

----------------------------------------------------------------

As for the draft...

This is as wide open a draft as I can ever remember. Some of the sites I was looking at had Melifonwu going in the 3rd-4th round, now I see him being mocked in the 1st. Figures - all the guys I want are steadily being moved up the boards - and we either won't have a shot at them, or TT will spit on them anyway.

A lot of the corners I've been looking at seem to be carbon copies of Randall and Rollins. I think Rollins would be the better player in the right system, but Capers isn't capable of coaching or calling anything but man-to-man.

Which makes players like Reddick and Melifonwu completely useless to us. Capers refusal to play zone, and his refusal to adjust his scheme and playcalling to the strengths of the players takes a lot of very good players off our board. If TT goes ahead and drafts them - dunderdummy will stubbornly misuse them.

Still, as a fan I have to hope that he'll get his head out of his ass and that TT and Packers scouting dept will suddenly get things figured out on the defensive side of the ball. Unfortunately, there's next to no chance of that happening.
    wist

Any idea if this reporting is at all accurate? Lions w/ 107 offseason player visits versus Packers 22.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport
    not entirely. Each team has a thing for local athletes. Obviously more prospects from Detroit area than here.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport
    I think Lions announce all visits. GB top secret. Up to us to find out what we can. That's a huge difference.