Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 NFL draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sackseer numbers from Football Outsiders: Its their projection Edge players in the pros. It like athletic measurables, sack and pass defense production.
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/nfl.../sackseer-2017

In order:
    1. Myles Garrett (doesn't think he is Von Miller though, as other pundit's have claimed)
    2. TJ Watt
    3. Tyus Bowser, Houston
    4. Derek Barnett, Tennessee (this group of three behind Garrett are very close)
    5. Solomon Thomas, Stanford
    6. Jordan Willis, Kansas State
    7. Takkarist McKinley, UCLA
    8. Taco Charlton, Michigan

Bust Alert:
    1. Charles Harris, Missouri - not a first or second rounder, plays more like run stuffer

Previous versions of this have liked Nick Perry.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Sackseer numbers from Football Outsiders: Its their projection Edge players in the pros. It like athletic measurables, sack and pass defense production.

In order:
    1. Myles Garrett (doesn't think he is Von Miller though, as other pundit's have claimed)
    2. TJ Watt
    3. Tyus Bowser, Houston

Bust Alert:
    1. Charles Harris, Missouri - not a first or second rounder, plays more like run stuffer

If this has any significant correlation to success, I'd be happy with Watt. Up until this point, I'm not sure I wanted him in the first...
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    If this has any significant correlation to success, I'd be happy with Watt. Up until this point, I'm not sure I wanted him in the first...
    The record of this one is pretty good, especially at sniffing out fan favorites and putting the kibosh on the hype. But they also have a few misses on both sides.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I should also state, however, that I have zero knowledge of prospects at this point. I don't watch college or youtube videos, and I build my opinion based on this forum and the occasional mock draft/article.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

In order:
    2. TJ Watt
    3. Tyus Bowser, Houston

Bust Alert:

I don't want Watt or Harris in the 1st round.

I think Harris has lost some athleticism, speed, and bend as he has put on weight; and, I don't think Watt is a 1st round talent at this time. He might be a 1st round value in a few years as he fills out and gets stronger; but that, by definition, makes him a developmental project.

Off of that list I wouldn't want Willis in the 1st either... I think he's a decent player, but he has a limited ceiling.
    wist

I can't speak for this guy as an actual scout, but every draftnik I read believes his reporting. He has a final roundup of rumors from each team, which is nice because it reminds me of the mock draft Paul Zimmerman used to do, repeating each rumor as he heard it and then making fun of the dumber ones.

Green Bay Packers: A source on the scouting staff said the plan is to go defense early and often in this draft, unless a surprise player falls in Round 1. The same source said Joe Mixon is very much in play in Round 2. He remains on their board.
    Matt Miller: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...big-board-more

Teams to worry about taking your favorite CB

Bills - Marshon Lattimore
    Bears - Marshon Lattimore
    Cowboys - Kevin King and potentially Cordrea Tankersley
    Texans - Gareon Conley and Marlon Humphrey
    Rams - someone
    Saints - Marlon Humphrey
    Eagles - Conley
    Seachickens - someone
    Buccaneers - Chidobe Awuzie
    Titans - Marshon Lattimore

Teams to worry about taking your favorite CB

Bills - Marshon Lattimore
    Bears - Marshon Lattimore
    Cowboys - Kevin King and potentially Cordrea Tankersley
    Texans - Gareon Conley and Marlon Humphrey
    Rams - someone
    Saints - Marlon Humphrey
    Eagles - Conley
    Seachickens - someone
    Buccaneers - Chidobe Awuzie
    Titans - Marshon Lattimore
    the conley dude is under investigation for rape. so he may not be a factor. this makes getting a top cb even harder for the Packers and moving up to get one a higher priority...if tt's so inclined. if he's not...then maybe he would take a chance and draft achillies jones later if he's there.

Blog Entries
    I don't want a stinking CB in round one; Find a Pass Rusher !
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I don't want a stinking CB in round one; Find a Pass Rusher !
    Teams to worry about taking your favorite EDGE rusher:

Pick #
    #2 49ers - Solomon Thomas
    #9 Bengals - Barnett
    #15 Colts - Roddick
    #16 Ravens - Barnett

#32 Falcons - Lawson, McKinley, Watt, Harris

Wildcards
    1. Cardinal - half the draftniks and rumors say they love Mahomes and are going QB. The other half think the team's offseason points to All-In and they are taking pass rush/defense.
    2. Panthers - if there is one thing they are consistent about, its ignoring offense and drafting D lineman
    3. Cowboys - if CBs aren't there, expect pass rush
    4. Dolphins - interest in pass rush, but possibly not first round
    5. Saints - probably with 32nd pick
    6. Steelers - recent history of pass rush early (which has worked worse than previous history of finding late gems)
    Last edited by pbmax; 04-26-2017 at 11:56 AM.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I don't see a lot of separation between the top 5 or 6 corners in this draft. I see no reason to trade up to take one. After Lattimore is off the board a corner might not be taken for another 15 to 20 picks.

Teams to worry about taking your favorite CB, in correct draft order

Pick #
    #3 Bears - Marshon Lattimore
    #5 Titans - Marshon Lattimore
    #10 Bills - Marshon Lattimore
    #11 and #32 Saints - Marlon Humphrey
    #14 Eagles - Conley
    #19 Buccaneers - Chidobe Awuzie
    #25 Texans - Gareon Conley and Marlon Humphrey
    #26 Seachickens - someone
    #28 Cowboys - Kevin King and potentially Cordrea Tankersley

hearing now that as many as four qbs will be taken in the 1st round. if true that's gonna push the cbs our way.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    hearing now that as many as four qbs will be taken in the 1st round. if true that's gonna push the cbs our way.
    I hope to George Halas this is true!

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    thats just beyond stupid. i don't even know if there is one worth drafting in the first round

taking the best QB in the draft doesn't matter if the whole class of QB's suck

Speculation is that Conley could drop to the 3rd round because of rape allegation. If he drops from late 1st to late 3rd, based on last year's contracts, he will lose about 6.5 million in his 1st 4 year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Speculation is that Conley could drop to the 3rd round because of rape allegation. If he drops from late 1st to late 3rd, based on last year's contracts, he will lose about 6.5 million in his 1st 4 year contract.
    depends on rape kit. he and his buddies said nothing happened. if the kit has his dna then something happened. that's the black and white. the question is the gray in the middle. wonder if they can get the test results before the draft begins.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    According to Conley he didn't do it. Apparently he has witnesses and everything. Even a video that contradicts her story of events. Either way the Packers should probably take him in the second round if he is still available. He seems like a real good kid on and off the field. Shit happens, make better choices with who you are going to fraternize with. Stranger Danger!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    According to Conley he didn't do it. Apparently he has witnesses and everything. Even a video that contradicts her story of events. Either way the Packers should probably take him in the second round if he is still available. He seems like a real good kid on and off the field. Shit happens, make better choices with who you are going to fraternize with. Stranger Danger!!!
    if this is true and he's still there at 29...they should take him #1. he was projected to go way before the Packers pick at 29.