Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 NFL draft thread

on that last series davis just had a great one handed snag, on the next play he had a great block out in front of the runner, and he capped it off with an amazing back shoulder catch where he was falling out of bounds and dragged his feet

that one series just showed all you need to see from him

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    on that last series davis just had a great one handed snag, on the next play he had a great block out in front of the runner, and he capped it off with an amazing back shoulder catch where he was falling out of bounds and dragged his feet

that one series just showed all you need to see from him
    I take it you're on the Davis bandwagon. Rankings on him are all over the place right now, but he sounds like a 1st round pick more than a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I take it you're on the Davis bandwagon. Rankings on him are all over the place right now, but he sounds like a 1st round pick more than a second.
    i'm an alum, we gotta support our own

but the kid does seem to have all the physical gifts and tools

I will go with a wideout this year, and Cody Davis looks like one of the best. We have all that quantity but no top level quality. Any RB no matter how good in college is a crap shoot to do it in the NFL. Conversely, you can be sharp about picking a second level RB and have him rise to the top in the NFL.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    If Shields isn't coming back, need a CB first.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you claiming Randall, Rollins, and Gunter were all good picks with a bright future within the last week or so? Why would they need to go cb first round if that were the case?
    Anyway....to me, this is clearly a BPA situation. We are so bereft of playmakers in so many spots. Honestly I think Cook would be a great pick.

I think the secondary looks a whole lot better if the front 7 is revamped. My position of needs for the Packers in order are: Pass rusher, pass rusher, pass rusher, offensive guard, cornerback, running back, pass rusher.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you claiming Randall, Rollins, and Gunter were all good picks with a bright future within the last week or so? Why would they need to go cb first round if that were the case?
    Pb altered his thinking after I debunked his argument.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Anyway....to me, this is clearly a BPA situation. We are so bereft of playmakers in so many spots. Honestly I think Cook would be a great pick.
    You can't have 5 shut down CBs on the same team. You need good corners and Randall, Rollins and Gunter look to be that. Hopefully 1 steps up to be a shutdown corner. But with Shields gone you need a 2nd player of his quality.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Yes, if we are picking this high you go with BPA. When you pick for need alone you end up reaching and regretting it later.

I like their talent and think each one has at least one trait to like very much. I think they all can start and that Randall might become a fixture on defense. However, neither their development or health is guaranteed. Its probably unlikely all three hit just based on those probabilities alone.

If Shields is done and Goodson is lost, you need depth and a chance to find talent. I not as sure about Dorleant as I am about those three.

If WR and ILB have taught us anything, a return to health is one thing, a lack of depth is something else.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

With the win, the Packers go from picking between 7-11 to 10-14.

Scout Inc's Top 32

1. L. Fournette* RB LSU 95
    2. Myles Garrett* DE Texas A&M 95
    3. Jonathan Allen DE Alabama 94
    4. Jabrill Peppers* S Michigan 93
    5. Reuben Foster ILB Alabama 92
    6. Jamal Adams* S LSU 92
    7. Dalvin Cook* RB Florida St 91
    8. M. Lattimore* CB Ohio State 91
    9. Tim Williams OLB Alabama 90
    10. Malik McDowell* DT Michigan St 90
    11. Charles Harris* DE Missouri 89
    12. Mike Williams* WR Clemson 89
    13. Jarrad Davis OLB Florida 89
    14. Caleb Brantley* DT Florida 89
    15. Cam Robinson* OT Alabama 89
    16. Teez Tabor* CB Florida 89
    17. Charles Walker* DT Oklahoma 89
    18. D'Onta Foreman* RB Texas 89
    19. J. Smith-Schust.* WR USC 88
    20. Carl Lawson* DE Auburn 88
    21. Mitch Trubisky* QB N Carolina 88
    22. Ryan Ramczyk* OT Wisconsin 88
    23. O.J. Howard TE Alabama 88
    24. Jourdan Lewis CB Michigan 88
    25. Mike McGlinchey OT Notre Dame 87
    26. Jake Butt TE Michigan 87
    27. Quenton Nelson* OG Notre Dame 87
    28. Marcus Maye S Florida 87
    29. C. Tankersley CB Clemson 87
    30. C. Mccaffrey* RB Stanford 87
    31. Derek Barnett* DE Tennessee 87
    32. Raekwon McMillan* ILB Ohio State 86

off's top 32...looks like an impact starter will be hard to miss on...https://www.profootballfocus.com/dra...m_campaign=nfl

pff's top 32...looks like an impact starter will be hard to miss on...https://www.profootballfocus.com/dra...m_campaign=nfl

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    corey davis just broke the all time fbs receiving yards mark
    I'm a fan. He has really good production and can run routes. With Jordy on his last legs and Cobb being AWOL for chunks of games I'd be ecstatic if he was there in R2 and TT took him. (I think he'll sneak into R1 unless he runs a 4.6 40, though.)

I think Jake Butt or possibly OJ Howard might be the way to go.

corey davis just showed some jordy nelson pre injury speed

i don't know if he has off the line speed, but he's got that top gear you need. sure didn't look like a 4.6 forty guy on that play

Defense.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Defense.
    nah...FA for that...or later in the draft. 1st 3 rds need to be O.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    nah...FA for that...or later in the draft. 1st 3 rds need to be O.
    What does "FA" stand for ? Is that Green Bay's version of Playoffs for Jim Mora ??
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

All those asterisks on that list, those are players who might come out early, right? I kinda doubt about half of them will.

Ted has put us in a spot where we need way more than one of the positions talked about. And it's like Bretsky said about the FA thing. I still think the most immediate fix that will do the most good is a big fast wideout - unless there is clear and convincing evidence that Jordy Nelson is gonna return to his pre-injury speed.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?