Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 NFL draft thread

CollegeFootball @NFL_CFB

"Haason Reddick had the best week of anybody here." - @MikeMayock

#Seniorbowl @Temple_FB
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 13m13 minutes ago
    Just draft a real RB 3rd -4th round. Somebody from the Big Ten.

FIXED IN ONE STEP!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Mark me down as a Sidney Jones fan. He's been mocked to GB by some, gone by then by others.

Forget about scheme, Sidney Jones is the top CB prospect in NFL draft

Jones IV, a true junior, is a three-year starter and two-time captain for the Huskies defense. What’s most impressive about Jones is the looseness he shows in spite of his length. He has the ability to rapidly drop feet in a backpedal and then transition into a break to challenge the football. Want him playing up on the line of scrimmage?

No problem.

Jones’ physicality at the line of scrimmage makes him a handful to beat at release. That physicality carries over into run support as well, as Jones is assertive and aggressive playing forward and forcing runs either back inside to help or into the boundary.

His ball skills are accentuated by wonderful click and close ability. From playing off of route stems, Jones has the short areas quickness to attack and cross the face of receivers, putting himself in prime position to challenge the football.
    Walter Football's 5th Ranked CB
    CBSSports 4th Ranked CB, 23rd Overall

CBS has Jones going 29th and 30th in their 2 mock drafts. TT does like those Pac 12 guys.

http://walterfootball.com/mocks/nfl/...en-Bay-Packers

Walt's Green Bay Packers Mock Selections

Rd. 1, Pk. 29 Sidney Jones, CB, Washington

The Packers' problems at cornerback are pretty well documented. Sam Shields may never play again, and reports have indicated that he'll be released this offseason. Fortunately for Green Bay, there are a number of talented corners expected to be available at the end of the first round.

Pick change; previously O.J. Howard, TE

Rd. 2, Pk. 29 Jeremy McNichols, RB, Boise State

Ty Montgomery looked awesome at running back against the Bears, but how sustainable is that? And will Eddie Lacy continue to gain weight? There are lots of questions at running back for the Packers, who can solve them by selecting a talented player like Jeremy McNichols.

Rd. 3, Pk. 29 Ryan Anderson, 3-4OLB/OLB, Alabama

The Packers place great pressure on opposing quarterbacks with Julius Peppers and Nick Perry, but both happen to be impending free agents. Peppers turns 37 in January, while Perry could prove to be too expensive to retain.

Pick change; previously Haason Reddick, DE/OLB

Rd. 4, Pk. 28 Isaac Asiata, G/C, Utah

If the Packers have a weakness on the offensive line, it's at left guard with Lane Taylor. Josh Sitton has been missed, so here's some help.
    Charlie's Green Bay Packers Mock Selections

Rd. 1, Pk. 29 Charles Harris, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Missouri

The Packers could lose Nick Perry in free agency, and Julius Peppers is aging. Here's a young edge defender for Green Bay.

Harris started off the 2016 season with underwhelming performances against West Virginia and Eastern Michigan, totaling five tackles in those games. However, he exploded versus Georgia with three sacks and seven tackles. In November, Harris grew red hot, racking up 4.5 sacks over two games. He totaled 61 tackles, 12 tackles for a loss, nine sacks, two passes batted and two forced fumbles on the year.

Harris is a speedy edge rusher who broke out in 2015 with 56 tackles, 18.5 tackles for a loss, seven sacks and two forced fumbles. He was a backup as a redshirt freshman in 2014 and notched two sacks. The 6-foot-3, 255-pound Harris is a fast edge rusher who puts a lot of heat on the quarterback. He is very similar to Vic Beasley and Shane Ray.

Rd. 2, Pk. 29 Shelton Gibson, WR, West Virginia

The Packers could target receiving depth for Aaron Rodgers, especially with Davante Adams entering the last year of his contract and Jordy Nelson aging with durability concerns.

Gibson notched 43 receptions for 951 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016. Sources say that Gibson has some real speed to him, but isn't the biggest of receivers and needs to improve his route-running. That latter point was an issue for the Bears' 2015 first-round pick, Kevin White, coming out West Virginia because of the Mountaineers' spread offense. Some sources think Gibson should've returned for his senior year to improve on that before going pro, but given the 2017 NFL Draft's weak receiver class, Gibson is being projected into the early rounds.

Pick change; previously Gerald Everett, TE

Rd. 3, Pk. 29 Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech

The Packers grab a receiving tight end.

In 2016, Hodges totaled 48 catches for 691 yards with seven touchdowns. He improved as a junior and could be one of the real value picks in a deep 2017 tight end class. In 2015, Hodges recorded 40 receptions for 530 yards and six scores. He was a redshirt freshman sensation for the Hokies in 2014 and produced the best year ever in terms of receiving production by a freshman tight end at Virginia Tech. The 2014 season saw him haul in 45 catches for 526 yards and six touchdowns.

Hodges (6-6, 249) needs to improve his blocking for the NFL, but he could be a taller version of a Jordan Reed-type tight end.

Pick change; previously Noah Brown, WR

NFL is barring prospects who have been accused of violent crimes from attending the Scouting Combine. Policy was adopted last year. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...outing-combine

They are still eligible to be drafted of course, or signed. Which means this is the best example ever of Roger leading the League by Press Release, rather than a desire for actual results.

The new policy barring Joe Mixon and other college prospects convicted of violent crimes from next month's NFL Scouting Combine protects the players from both media scrutiny and an intense round of team interviews that can crack an unrepentant player's agent-scripted facade. It also protects the league from unwanted headlines during its week of nationally televised 40-yard dashes. It's a canny, self-serving PR move disguised as a get-tough policy, and it's counterproductive to the problem it is trying to solve. In other words, it's the most NFL thing the NFL has ever done.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=tsandroid

They should be invited and put up on a stage to answer questions for 30 minutes. Then let the teams have them. This idiotic move just buries the problem where there is no sun.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    That's ridiculous

heres why mixon won't get drafted, just incase you haven't seen it

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 57s57 seconds ago
    #Florida's Jarrad Davis, a top 2 LB prospect, will be at the Combine to talk with teams. He'll do all drills including the 40 at UF Pro Day

CB's, GB needs CB's

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

It has been said that TT's draft strategy is to always draft the best player available. While I can agree that youth and speed need to be the strong base of the Packers, yet history is showing us that it is simply not enough. If TT is too scared to be bold and make some Player / Draft trades or a combination trade to get a true SHUT DOWN CB, or a monster DE, or ( A Von Miller type) LB that dominates against Offenses, then GB and it's HOF QB will just have to keep settling as Play-off Also ran team.

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

He does not always draft BPA. See Kenny Clark or Derek Sherrod.

Please stop yelling.

If the BPA is O.J. Howard, I'd take him. Certain positions correlate better than others for pro success from college success. Corners don't seem to; D Linemen don't seem to; Rush OLBs are a little bit better that way. If we drafted a Corner in the first round, chances are he would NOT move in immediately as our top Corner. The big problem of losing Shields was that everybody else had to move up one notch - which they proved to be unsuitable for. Drafting a Corner #1 probably would not improve that. Signing a top flight proven Corner, however, should solve that problem. RBs also tend to not correlate success-wise, and I don't think we need one chosen early anyway - with Montgomery, Michael, Ripkowski, and Crockett. If position is the determining factor instead of BPA, I'd go for an athletic rush OLB - NOT a DE that we can convert. That also hasn't been a good way to go in the past. WR also is a position which tends to correlate to. However, I am fairly satisfied with what we have - assuming Jordy Nelson continues to progress toward what he was before the injury.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Sidney Jones seems versatile. Reminds me of Woodson. He does a great job inserting a hand and breaking up passes that other corners allow to reach their receivers' hands. He might not be fast enough. Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Can you explain this comment? I'm not sure on Sherrod, but I do think Clark was BPA for non-receivers. Honestly, he's shown more potential than many of the first rounders from 2016's class.
    Last edited by smuggler; 02-11-2017 at 06:57 PM.

Please stop yelling.
    HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY WEREN'T BPA? DID YOU SOMEHOW SEE TT'S DRAFT BOARD, MISTER PBMAX?

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Sidney Jones seems versatile. Reminds me of Woodson. He does a great job inserting a hand and breaking up passes that other corners allow to reach their receivers' hands. He might not be fast enough. Not sure.

Can you explain this comment? I'm not sure on Sherrod, but I do think Clark was BPA for non-receivers. Honestly, he's shown more potential than many of the first rounders from 2016's class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY WEREN'T BPA? DID YOU SOMEHOW SEE TT'S DRAFT BOARD, MISTER PBMAX?
    After Raji left and Guion was busted in the WeedCash Estate Wagon, it was clear they needed D line help. If Clark was the highest rated player on the board, I am sure they were happy. But highest or not, when he got a first round grade from the team, GB was taking him.

Sherrod might have been the last Tackle with a first round grade (by some services) but he was not a lock to get picked at the end of Round 1. Packers had a definite need at tackle as Chad Clifton was old, Tauscher was out and Bulaga was needed at RT.

Thompson has not stuck simply to BPA at other times as well. I think BPA is his preference, but he obviously considers need at times. Even early.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    The more I think about it the more I want GB to take the best player available at CB or DE/OLB in the 1st. My first hope is DE/OLB in 1st with a #1 CB brought in via FA. If they resign Lacy for 2-3 mil for 2 years and draft a speedster in the 3rd or 4th, that should be enough at RB with Rip and another body in camp. The 2nd/3rd can be used for the best CB/DE/OLB opposite of what wasn't selected in the 1st and hopefully a WR that possbily falls. So I guess that means bring in solid CB in FA. Then go DE/OLB in 1st, hope a WR falls to us in 2nd, CB for depth in 3rd and speed RB in 4th. This obviously changes IF TT utilizes FA in other areas. But that would be a pretty good beginning to the off-season and early draft.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

After Raji left and Guion was busted in the WeedCash Estate Wagon, it was clear they needed D line help. If Clark was the highest rated player on the board, I am sure they were happy. But highest or not, when he got a first round grade from the team, GB was taking him.

Sherrod might have been the last Tackle with a first round grade (by some services) but he was not a lock to get picked at the end of Round 1. Packers had a definite need at tackle as Chad Clifton was old, Tauscher was out and Bulaga was needed at RT.

Thompson has not stuck simply to BPA at other times as well. I think BPA is his preference, but he obviously considers need at times. Even early.
    I don't think he reaches. He won't draft a guy with a late 2nd round grade late in the 1st round just to fill a need. But if he has 2 prospects rated pretty close
    together, he'll take the guy who fills a need. I think he did this in 2009 when he took Raji over Michael Crabtree. Of course, I think sometimes the best guy on your board just happens to fill a need (Bulaga, HHCD.). We don't know if this was the case with Sherrod and Clark.

Luckily, there are enough needs that BPA and need might mesh. Corner? Sure. OLB? Sure. Tight end? Why not?

Then watch some hotshot QB prospect fall and fall and fall and we all then bitch at Ted when he grabs him at the end of the first instead of getting that CB or OLB we need...
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Luckily, there are enough needs that BPA and need might mesh. Corner? Sure. OLB? Sure. Tight end? Why not?

Then watch some hotshot QB prospect fall and fall and fall and we all then bitch at Ted when he grabs him at the end of the first instead of getting that CB or OLB we need...
    Corner is pretty strong this year. Good chance there's a CB worth taking at #29. Or maybe TJ Watt at OLB? Howard of Alabama is the best TE. I think he might be gone by 29. Heard he tore up the Senior Bowl practices.