Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bears QBs, Cutler's future, the Bears generally

Bears QBs, Cutler's future, the Bears generally

The Bears have now had 20 starting QBs,.....this century.
    Per the Chicago Tribune, Barkley was their 20th starter at QB since the 2000 season.

They are reporting that Cutler may be headed to IR with a torn labrum in his right shoulder, and may have played his last game for the Bears. The cap hit to cut him next year is minimal. The guarantees in his contract extension have been paid already, so the break with him would be easy.

One article suggested that the Trevathan's recovery from his patellar tendon tear that landed him on IR will likely extend into next season, and very well might be career-altering. They also suggested that the Bears are unlikely to make a big financial commitment to Alshon Jeffrey, and that they are losing hope/interest in Kevin White. It wasn't clear if these are just wild speculations, or if based on inside information.

Coaching? They seem to think Fox is as good as gone already, and pointed out that the Bears have to win all of their remaining games for Fox's two-year record to equal Marc Trestman's first two seasons.

You could save people the reading by saying. The Bears still SUCK, and will continue to for many years!!!

May their ineptitude continue for years.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Da Bears are 2-7 but they've beaten both Detriot and Minnesota for their only wins thus far this season.

Ted's Team has dug itself a very deep hole, especially with that Custer-fucked 4 games losing streak - something Sherman's Teams never once went through (4-12 was Ted's Team). Odds are the Packers are gonna need help from da Bears.

When's the last time Da Bears swept both the Pussycats and Queens in a season?
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Da Bears are 2-7 but they've beaten both Detriot and Minnesota for their only wins thus far this season.

Ted's Team has dug itself a very deep hole, especially with that Custer-fucked 4 games losing streak - something Sherman's Teams never once went through (4-12 was Ted's Team). Odds are the Packers are gonna need help from da Bears.

When's the last time Da Bears swept both the Pussycats and Queens in a season?
    Is this akin to your 4 year drought on getting a woman to touch you in your bits? Something Mike Sherman never went through even with his PSL body.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Is this akin to your 4 year drought on getting a woman to touch you in your bits? Something Mike Sherman never went through even with his PSL body.
    What 4 year drought? As a Marxist, I like sharing my so-called wealth. Women are naturally greedy. I don't mind paying a woman for her time.

Now back to topic. Yes, Packers are gonna need Bears help...

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    May their ineptitude continue for years.
    this!

If the Packers tie with the Vikings for season record, so long as the Packers beat the Vikings, the Packers will have the tie breaker against the Vikings because the vikings will have at least 4 losses in the division and the worst GB could be is 3-3. If the Packers win out, they are guaranteed at least to tie the Vikings in the standings.

If the Packers tie with the Lions for seasons record, but beat the Lions, the Packers have the tie breaker against the Lions in head to head matchup. If the Packers win out, they only need the Lions to lose one additional game for GB to be guaranteed a standings tie with the Lions.

Summary - If the Packers win out, one other loss by the Lions guarantees the division to GB, regardless of what the Vikings do.

I think...............................

min has dal, ind, and us, to play. that's 3 loses hopefully for them.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    and they have lost twice to the Lions and once to the Bears. They need to reverse their tail spin, and have a lot of things go their way to have a chance. Even if the Vikings were to win out, they need to have the Lions lose twice and they have no control since they have lost twice already to them.

Detriot has:

@ Saints
    Bears
    @Giants
    @Cowboys
    Packers

No cupcakes.

Anyone thinks the Packers can beat the Seafags?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    If the Packers tie with the Vikings for season record, so long as the Packers beat the Vikings, the Packers will have the tie breaker against the Vikings because the vikings will have at least 4 losses in the division and the worst GB could be is 3-3. If the Packers win out, they are guaranteed at least to tie the Vikings in the standings.

If the Packers tie with the Lions for seasons record, but beat the Lions, the Packers have the tie breaker against the Lions in head to head matchup. If the Packers win out, they only need the Lions to lose one additional game for GB to be guaranteed a standings tie with the Lions.

Summary - If the Packers win out, one other loss by the Lions guarantees the division to GB, regardless of what the Vikings do.

I think...............................
    Big IF about Pack winning out, for, the Polar Bear hasn't done a fucking thing about the miseries at corner and ILB. Plus, the offense is too inconsistent. Plus, too many weaknesses.

To quote Alphaville, I am hoping for the best but expecting the worst. Is Murphy gonna drop the bomb on Ted or not?

Detriot has:

@ Saints
    Bears
    @Giants
    @Cowboys
    Packers

No cupcakes.

it stacks up well for the Packers really...if they continue to trend up.

the ospreys game is our toughest.

Their D is still tough but if we keep Wilson from running wild we have a chance...

Seems to me that is a mighty big IF. They've played exactly one good game since their month-long impersonation of the Browns. I would like to see them string together a few solid showings before I start thinking about them running the table.

The Bears have been awful since Lovie left. Just awful.

Is there a lesson in there for Packer fans? Fire the guy that gets you to 10-6 most years, gets you into the playoffs, maybe has one SB appearance to show for it - not good enough. But the alternative, in the Bears' case, has been firing coaches every couple years, trying the new hot coordinator/CFL refugee, then trying the trusty ol' veteran coach. Then a new GM. Let's sign free agents! No, wait, let's draft and develop!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Seems to me that is a mighty big IF. They've played exactly one good game since their month-long impersonation of the Browns. I would like to see them string together a few solid showings before I start thinking about them running the table.
    true but you have to admit the o has looked much better the last few weeks. the osprey game will tell us a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    The Bears have been awful since Lovie left. Just awful.

Is there a lesson in there for Packer fans? Fire the guy that gets you to 10-6 most years, gets you into the playoffs, maybe has one SB appearance to show for it - not good enough. But the alternative, in the Bears' case, has been firing coaches every couple years, trying the new hot coordinator/CFL refugee, then trying the trusty ol' veteran coach. Then a new GM. Let's sign free agents! No, wait, let's draft and develop!
    +1 Be careful what you wish for.

Detriot has:

@ Saints
    Bears
    @Giants
    @Cowboys
    Packers

No cupcakes.

The Seahawks can be had on any given Sunday even at home.

Russell Wilson (has lost his legs) just isn't the same this season and they miss their crunching RB.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Detriot has:

@ Saints
    Bears
    @Giants
    @Cowboys
    Packers

No cupcakes.

This week is huge for the Pack.

We need a Dallas win tonight....that will happen.

Drew Brees has to be at his best at home Vs the Lions this Sunday.

It all really begins right there.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau