Thread: Bears QBs, Cutler's future, the Bears generally

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post

Expecting
    the Lions to lose a game, no matter how likely, doesn't change damn thing at this point in space-time: the Packers currently DO NOT control their destiny - thanks in large part to the 4 game losing streak (something Sherman's teams never experienced).
    Did I not write in at least three different posts that they need someone else to beat the Lions?
    Did I not say that my expectation that the Lions would lose another game caused me to omit "mostly" in stating they control their own fate?
    Did I ever write that my expectation caused them to control their own destiny?

Since I repeated at least four times in three different posts that they need another team to beat the Lions, I submit that the intent of my post was clear to everyone except perhaps you, especially since you apparently also misread the post you quoted in your last message.

So, what does 2010 have to do with this???

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Did I not write in at least three different posts that they need someone else to beat the Lions?
    Did I not say that my expectation that the Lions would lose another game caused me to omit "mostly" in stating they control their own fate?
    Did I ever write that my expectation caused them to control their own destiny?

Since I repeated at least four times in three different posts that they need another team to beat the Lions, I submit that the intent of my post was clear to everyone except perhaps you, especially since you apparently also misread the post you quoted in your last message.

So, what does 2010 have to do with this???
    You wrote, and I'll quote again: "(The Packers) control their own destiny, needing only one other team to beat Detroit."

That's like saying, "This is not Detroit man, this is the Super Bowl!", in a game that clearly wasn't the Super Bowl.

Stop contradicting yourself and see the error of your ways.

At this point, Packers DON'T control their own destiny. If Detriot goes 4-0 in the next 4 weeks, they will clinch the North no matter what the Packers do - in this case, the finale would be meaningless in terms of winning the division.

2010 is an example of how the Pack eventually ended up controlling its "own destiny"...Thanks, D-Jax!
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.