Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bears QBs, Cutler's future, the Bears generally

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Seems to me that is a mighty big IF. They've played exactly one good game since their month-long impersonation of the Browns. I would like to see them string together a few solid showings before I start thinking about them running the table.
    I hope you didn't take my post as suggesting that I think they will run the table, my intent was just to show that if they did they actually are in good shape to win the division, all things considered. If they do, MN is out of the picture. If they do, Detroit only has to lose one other game for GB to win the division. They don't need a lot of help, they control their own destiny, needing only one other team to beat Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I hope you didn't take my post as suggesting that I think they will run the table, my intent was just to show that if they did they actually are in good shape to win the division, all things considered. If they do, MN is out of the picture. If they do, Detroit only has to lose one other game for GB to win the division. They don't need a lot of help, they control their own destiny, needing only one other team to beat Detroit.
    I didn't think you were suggesting they would run the table, and I wasn't reacting only to your post. What I was hearing from several posters in this thread was some renewed optimism following the Eagles game. Nobody, except maybe for the quarterback, was talking about running the table after the Redskins gaem. Fine, I get that and I share the optimism to an extent--it's much easier to see the bright side of a team when they play a relatively complete game. But I also have a hard time believing that the problems that became apparent in November are now in the past. I hope they run the table but I think it is highly unlikely.

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Back to the original discussion of the Bears, Cutler is done for the year, having been placed on IR.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    The question now becomes where will he end up next season, as there's no way Chicago keeps him under his current contract.

I wonder if Cleveland will make a run at him.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    The question now becomes where will he end up next season, as there's no way Chicago keeps him under his current contract.

I wonder if Cleveland will make a run at him.
    He's going back to Denver. They are a QB away from the Super Bowl.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    If he went there, they still would be.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Elway's not stupid.

Romo to Denver.
    Garrapolo to Chicago.
    Cutler to Cleveland (only team dumb enough to make the move).

Back to the original discussion of the Bears, Cutler is done for the year, having been placed on IR.
    Interesting development today, the Chicago Tribune, in an article on the Bears injury report, stated that the Bears have not put Cutler on IR. He is still listed on the Bears' roster. NFL website does not list Cutler on their transaction list as of today, but CBS Sports still does.

Thursday, December 1, 2016
    Team Player Transaction
    Buffalo Bills Shamiel Gary pract. squad add from Patriots
    Buffalo Bills Joe Powell pract. squad del
    Chicago Bears Jay Cutler on IR, torn labrum right shoulder

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/transactions/
    Last edited by Patler; 12-02-2016 at 10:02 PM.

Is this the final year of his contract with Chicago? If so I wonder where he'll end up next...

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Elway's not stupid.

Romo to Denver.
    Garrapolo to Chicago.
    Cutler to Cleveland (only team dumb enough to make the move).
    Romo? Elway would be stupid there. Poor Tony can't take another hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    That was the general consensus a couple of years ago regarding Peyton Manning. All he did was win a Superbowl.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    That was the general consensus a couple of years ago regarding Peyton Manning. All he did was win a Superbowl.
    All he was was the anchor that stopped the team from a shot at a perfect season.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Interesting development today, the Chicago Tribune, in an article on the Bears injury report, stated that the Bears have not put Cutler on IR. He is still listed on the Bears' roster. NFL website does not list Cutler on their transaction list as of today, but CBS Sports still does.
    Brad Biggs said despite bak of IR, there was also talk of him still returning sooner rather than later. Not sure what this means, though obviously someone wants us to believe he could rehab his way back to the field.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Pugger you may well be very correct. We are aware of Tony Romo`s humility now giving sway to new sensation Dak Prescott.

Is the humilty or simply an admission of ìt`s time to retire. He has had a remarkable career in terms of his personal contributions.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Brad Biggs said despite bak of IR, there was also talk of him still returning sooner rather than later. Not sure what this means, though obviously someone wants us to believe he could rehab his way back to the field.
    It would make some sense not to put him on IR, to downplay the significance of the injury if they are, in fact, wanting to trade him in the off season.

The odd thing is that news services reported that he was put on IR. I think most get their transactions info directly from the NFL. I would be curious to know how the mistake originated, since as of a while ago CBS Sports still lists it on their transactions list.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    They don't need a lot of help, they control their own destiny, needing only one other team to beat Detroit.
    I don't think that's controlling one's own destiny b/c when you need another team's help, fate's out of your hand regardless of what you do.

2010, the Packers didn't control their destiny til D-Jax took that improbable punt to the house to beat the Giants. Thompson REALLY do need to FedEx D-Jax a Super Bowl 45 ring.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    I don't think that's controlling one's own destiny b/c when you need another team's help, fate's out of your hand regardless of what you do.
    I wrote they don't need a lot of help, I didn't say they don't need any help. I stated in several posts that they need the lions to lose one other game. Obviously, GB does not control that game result. However, I fully expect the lions to lose one other game, so that caused to to omit "mostly" in stating they control their own fate. I think my intent was clear to everyone, except perhaps you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    2010, the Packers didn't control their destiny til D-Jax took that improbable punt to the house to beat the Giants. Thompson REALLY do need to FedEx D-Jax a Super Bowl 45 ring.
    What does 2010 have to do with this year, or to this discussion?

All he was was the anchor that stopped the team from a shot at a perfect season.
    But still won a super bowl.