Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Aaron Rodgers: I never lost faith in Davante Adams

Who the hell is a great leader these days, given the attitudes and mentality of players? There are a lot of guys who are a helluva lot worse in that respect than Rodgers. And I really am at a loss to think of any excellent better examples.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    I guess I don't see it that way. What I see is Rodgers providing lip service when they win, and blaming other folks when they lose. I by no means believe Rodgers is a good leader, a good qb yes, a good leader no.
    I'm with you on this one. I think he's been a fabaliss quarterback but not a guy you'll go to the mat for. Not a great leader.
    I have felt that way, too. I have often felt that Rodgers does and says the things that books on leadership suggest should be done. I have written on here before that he spends too much time talking about being a leader, "A leader does this..." "As a leader, I...." In my dealings with real leaders on teams and in businesses, they do things naturally and automatically, and they never talk about being a leader, they just are.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Say for example, Nelson is the same next year as he is this year. Would you call that "fatally compromised"? Just asking.
    No. Plays all 16 games and is effective if he no longer has top end speed? He stays next year.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Pete Dougherty thinks they'll have to trim either Cobb's or Nelson's salary next year.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    No. Plays all 16 games and is effective if he no longer has top end speed? He stays next year.
    he's probably 90-95% of his old self. next year he'll be back for real.

Pete Dougherty thinks they'll have to trim either Cobb's or Nelson's salary next year.
    love cobb but he's just not as productive as jordy is and jordy's less than 100%. they could use cobb as help to move up in the first round maybe to get a wr.

They always think this (KGB four years running) and then end up missing the dissatisfaction with Sitton.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.