Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 13 vs Texans

More Banjo: Week 13 vs Texans

Not a clean game. Packer's Offense was good early and late and not much in between. Defense allowed a lot or running room out the outside and on 3rd downs.

Ryan is back but all LBs are banged up and playing less than 100%. Pass rush is not working when its a four man unit. Need health and Martinez.

McCarthy said they did adjust the run game in second half, but that seems to have meant Monty followed by Christine followed by Janis.

Those 2nd and 3rd down runs with a short distance to go were a disaster. McCarthy was clearly worried about putting the onus in Rodgers and then had to do it at the end anyway. He always trusts the backups to do the job until its obvious they can't.

The good news is that he does tend to abandon the pedantry versus very good competition. Hopefully Rodgers leg is better this week.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Those had to about the worst playing conditions imaginable for a guy playing on a bad hamstring. It will be cold next week, but a dry field would be a big help.

On a failed 3rd and 1 in the 1st quarter, I thought Starks cut outside when there was a lane inside. Anybody else see that?

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 48m48 minutes ago
    Rodgers on @AaronRipkowski: Just a downhill, tough football player. Really proud of the way he's progressed. He's a guy you can count on.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 54m54 minutes ago
    Rodgers on long drives: For us to be able to put together two drives for over 180 yards of offense was pretty special. #HOUvsGB #GoPackGo

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 55m55 minutes ago
    Rodgers on the snow: As a thrower you like perfect conditions, but as a football fan you love these games -- Lambeau Field in the winter.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 57m57 minutes ago
    Rodgers on the hamstring: It's feeling all right. We'll see how it feels tomorrow. I feel good about where I'm at.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Those had to about the worst playing conditions imaginable for a guy playing on a bad hamstring. It will be cold next week, but a dry field would be a big help.

On a failed 3rd and 1 in the 1st quarter, I thought Starks cut outside when there was a lane inside. Anybody else see that?
    Yeah, I don't know what spooked him about that but he just needed to hit the hole. Ripper had a run later on 4th and 2 where the opposite needed to happen. That is the problem with such an intermittent run game.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1h1 hour ago
    McCarthy on @AaronRodgers12: He's playing great football. Deserves a lot of credit. He's an outstanding leader. #HOUvsGB #GoPackGo

McCarthy on if Jordy Nelson/Aaron Rodgers chemistry is "back": Definitely. I don't know how much more Jordy needs to prove. #HOUvsGB

McCarthy: Can't say enough about Clay Matthews, Nick Perry & Jake Ryan for battling through (injuries). #HOUvsGB #GoPackGo

I'm afraid that at this point Starks is not much of an option in the running game. He still has some effect in the screen game. I believe we'll start seeing more plays with Michael involved since his quickness advantage is apparent. What's holding him back is MM and Rodgers not trusting his blocking and...being unfamiliar with the plays. Monty is becoming more of an option running the ball, he hits a hole quick and he recognizes where the hole is. He's so dynamic receiving that his lack of blocking is not as big a problem.

I'm starting to really like our receivers. Adams, Nelson, and Cobb are dynamic and starting to look like one of the best receiver trios in football. R Rodgers looks better now that Cook is active. This is a good receiver group.

The OL has been great at protecting AR all year. Actually, this game continued a string of excellent performances. Overall, our offense is the least of our problems.

Unfortunately, the defense remains a work in progress. With Ryan and Martinez at close to 100%, we're a very hard team to run on. With them playing at less than 100%, or missing one or the other, we are average, at best, against the run

Without Matthews at 100%, we have to blitz to get any pressure on opposing QBs. This exposes holes in our very porous zone defense. A good QB would have a career day against this secondary playing zone. The problem is that I don't believe Randall and Rollins are close to 100%, and we can't play press man without them being near 100%. Gunter has skills, but is limited by his lack of closing speed, and none of the other young CBs are anywhere close to ready to play press man. This means we have to use Hyde and the other safeties as defacto CBs and they are limited by their body type and training.

I think our offense will keep us in every game. But my feeling is that we'll win 2 or 3 of the remaining 4 games and miss the playoffs because of our defensive limitations.

MM said in his PC that Monty and Michael have earned the chance for more opportunities. He didn't openly criticize Starks, but the writing is on the wall.

Yeah, but missing the cutback and trying to string the play wide is Starks' go-to move.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Yeah, I don't know what spooked him about that but he just needed to hit the hole. Ripper had a run later on 4th and 2 where the opposite needed to happen. That is the problem with such an intermittent run game.
    They just need to make Monty the starter at RB. Fuck it....he's the best they have at the position.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    They just need to make Monty the starter at RB. Fuck it....he's the best they have at the position.
    Yep. It's not ideal, but he's barely carried the ball this year. He should be healthy and fresh still. The Packers offense really struggles when new, unreliable pieces are added in. AR just plays a sophisticated game and needs well adjusted players to do what he does.

For the rest of the year, the best we have is Montgomery. Maybe Michael can replace Starks next year.

Gotta love December football.

I wonder if Montgomery's snaps are still being limited for medical reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Yeah, but missing the cutback and trying to string the play wide is Starks' go-to move.
    As he has gotten older, yes, its like Lacy taught him that. He used to be reliable on his reads inside. Always took a game or three to get going, but he ran inside phenomenally well.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I wonder if Montgomery's snaps are still being limited for medical reasons.
    M3 said Monty was last week, I think. Matthews was this week.

Probably why they called the game like they did, to protect Rodgers in same way.
    Last edited by pbmax; 12-04-2016 at 11:34 PM.

Monty is a better Shane Vereen. He is going to be Rodger's best friend the next few years. Remember how good that Pats offense was? Would love to see Monty play that role every down. Love seeing the two backs split.

MM said in his PC that Monty and Michael have earned the chance for more opportunities. He didn't openly criticize Starks, but the writing is on the wall.
    Back in Lombardi's day, the writing would've been on the chalkboard. These days, it's probably on the SmartBoard.

I say Montgomery and Michaels going forward is the best chance, plus a few more to the Ripper. But mostly, let Rodgers pass and pass.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Back in Lombardi's day, the writing would've been on the chalkboard. These days, it's probably on the SmartBoard.

I say Montgomery and Michaels going forward is the best chance, plus a few more to the Ripper. But mostly, let Rodgers pass and pass.
    yup...it's pretty clear starks has lost it. the fact that michael lead sea in rushing before being released (and still does) is cause alone to be the number one for us. hell...lacy has more yards than starks.

I believe my mother has more rushing yards than Starks.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack