Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Peterson to kill Packers." - You hear that D?

"Peterson to kill Packers." - You hear that D?

I have been going to all kinds of Packers / Vikings forums. The talk in almost every site, especially Vikings' forums, is how Adrian Peterson is going to run for another 300 yards against the Packers. What is more absurd is that the most of the boys at purplepride.org believe the Bollinger gives the Vikes a very good chance to win. Brooks fricking Bollinger! Are they on crack! I hope the Packers D is listening to all this AP hype. The Vikings, and their fans, need to realize that our guys have pride too. I understand that AP is having a good season and had an AMAZING game last week. But for Vikings fans to expect 200-300 yards a game with this kid is silly. And when you have a 3rd string QB running the O, it's just plain stupid. This is a huge challenge for the Packers D, no doubt. But listen up Vikings' fans, DON'T THINK FOR A MINUTE THE PACKERS ARE GOING TO LET YOUR ONLY OFFENSIVE WEAPON BEAT US! NOT IN OUR HOUSE. HE'S GOING TO GET SOME YARDS, BUT IT ISN'T GOING TO BE THE AP SHOW! AT LAMBEAU, THE BRIGHTEST STAR IS GOING TO BE BRETT FAVRE!!!

Okay, I feel better. Ahhh.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    He will not top 100 this week...
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Blog Entries
    I'd take AP getting 125yds and only one TD

I agree that Bollinger gives them a better chance to win than Jackson; he's not that good but offers stability and can be an effective game manager. Also smart. Jackson just does not have it IMO at all
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday
    I'll bet you $5 he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    I'll bet you $5 he does.
    I think he gets over 100, but not 200 or 300 like every Viking fan would have you believe.

Senior Rat HOFer the_idle_threat's Avatar
    the boys at purplepride.org
    Are these the guys that have the parades with the rainbows and stuff?

as long as we keep him under 150 we will be ok

Quote Originally Posted by gbpackfan
    I'll bet you $5 he does.
    I think he gets over 100, but not 200 or 300 like every Viking fan would have you believe.

When the hell did I say he'd run for 200 or 300?

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak
    I'll bet you $5 he does.

Got me there. I should have said "like most" not "every."

I'll bet you $5 he does.

Got me there. I should have said "like most" not "every."

I haven't heard much bragging at all about Peterson killing Green bay. Not in person anyway. Green Bay has a decent run defense and the game is outside. Plus, the Vikings passing game sucks so run stopping will be the focus.

It all depends on the QB.

Senior Rat All-Pro Fred's Slacks's Avatar
    In a way I hope they don't hear about this. I don't think getting hyped up is going to help them stop Peterson. The key, in my opinion, is playing discipline football. If we do that we have a chance to contain him. He's going to get his yards. If we play discipline football we can keep him around 100. If we get all hyped up trying to prove something, we're going to over run him and that's when he'll gouge us for the big one. It only takes one mistake with him. But if everyone takes care of their responsibilities, he won't kill us and we should win the game.
    Fred's Slacks is a Winner!

IMO, Peterson is getting to much of the credit because he has had some mighty big lanes to run though. Peterson is the best back in the league, but his line may be the best run blocking line in the league as well.

Our O line is the biggest problem, not the backs. Grant probably isn't that bad, its our horrid line that blocks like shit. YUK.

Over two weeks, DAL & PHI held AP to 133 yds and 1TD on 32 rushes. I think GB's D is decent, and could hold AP to a good but not outlandish number. I agree 100% that the key is playing disciplined D and "staying in their lanes".

The MIN OL is very good, but I think the GB DL stacks up pretty well.

Bollinger is playing better than the other 2 QBs, but I think it's a stretch to say he's a big threat. He was 3rd string for a reason.

This is all about AP and the MIN defense.

The Packers lose only if they beat themselves.

AP is a humble person and a highly talented football player. He has earned the respect of any serious fan, IMO. He's certainly got my respect, for whatever that's worth to him!

I am pretty sure, the GB Defense repects him and will not under estimate his immense talent. He could very well rush 300 against us, or 30.

I am not gonna talk smack in his general direction, let alone towards the Vikings. They have a damned good chance coming into this game after breaking out last week. Our team has its heads held high - rightly so! Two wins in hostile environments within 6 days is no walk in the park!

It should be a great contest to watch.
    Let's face it, the anticipation of this game is really what being a fan is all about. I am so nervous!! :P

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD
    IMO, Peterson is getting to much of the credit because he has had some mighty big lanes to run though. Peterson is the best back in the league, but his line may be the best run blocking line in the league as well.

Our O line is the biggest problem, not the backs. Grant probably isn't that bad, its our horrid line that blocks like shit. YUK.
    It must be difficult to go into a season as a coach, knowing how you finished last season and to see a regression in guard play. They are where they are right now. Grant is a more decisive, explosive runner, so he's making the line look better. Here is a Q&A from Cliff Christl's chat from Packer Insider this week regarding the Packer running game and Adrian Peterson's talent:

Q: Alex Scribner of Vancouver, WA - Cliff, I'm interested in your take on what has been the biggest reason for the failure of the Packer running game thus far in 2007. Has it been the lack of a top notch RB or more the poor play of the O-Line? Would a Marshawn Lynch - if he had been available to the Packers - even been able to do much with such O-line play? And finally, if the running game does not become more of a consistent threat, can the Packers really go deep into the playoffs? Thanks!

A: Cliff Christl - Almost every scout that I've ever talked to said great runners make a running game, more than the other way around. And what do the Packers have? Pretty pedestrian backs. Yes, I realize Larry Johnson is really handicapped by his line. Any back needs good blocking. But I'll guarantee you this: If you put Adrian Peterson on the Packers, he might not have 1,000-plus yards already and a 6.6 average, but I'll bet he'd be close to 1,000 and averaging better than 5 a carry. What makes him special? All it takes is a crease and he can go the distance. His numbers come from his long runs, and what he does in the open field, mostly on his own.

What's the weather going to be in Green Bay on Sunday? The worse the weather, and the sloppier the field the less explosive AP is going to be.
    </delurk>

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD

Completely disagree. Peterson is creating a lot.

I am hoping for a B.Sanders like performance in the playoffs in '95, -13 yards rushing

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64
    What's the weather going to be in Green Bay on Sunday? The worse the weather, and the sloppier the field the less explosive AP is going to be.

It was raining in Chicago and he gained 224.

I guess he's a mudder as they say in horse racing.

It was raining in Chicago and he gained 224.

I guess he's a mudder as they say in horse racing.
    In the words of Star Tribune columnist Jim Souhan "Chicago has demonstrated that they have no interest in tackling anybody anymore, and Brian Urhlacher has become invisible." So we can't be sure the same result would happen.

But regardless, if the track is bad it limits his overall speed and his ability to make explosive cuts. On the other hand, it does mean that a passive tackler tends to slide and get run over. So who knows?
    </delurk>