Sometimes - and I say this as a general comment, not specifically directed at this game - some perspective is good. I just watched a ten-minute highlight reel of the 2010 NFC Championship game - Packers and Bears. The game where Cuntler went out in the third quarter. Then Todd Collins, then a third stringer, Caleb Hanie. Despite what would seem a tremendous advantage, seeing the highlights reminded me how frustrating it was - the Packers were up by 7 with under two minutes left, Hanie having pulled the Bears to within a touchdown. Nick Collins looked bad on several plays. He really did. Yet now he's a legend. If only Nick hadn't gotten hurt! The whole defense looked bad on several plays. Then Hanie threw a pick to Shields, and it was all over. But it was way closer than you'd have thought, and I remember Packer fans bitching afterward. Frankly, the team did not look good. The Pack had a chance to put the Bears away in the fourth with a couple first downs - but they failed. Rodgers was tackled short of a first down on a third and four. Bears got the ball back with a chance to tie. And they came close. Yet that was our Super Bowl year.

I am reminded of this because the only access I had on Sunday to the Texans game was via the Silverstein in-game live blog. As I read the posts of fans, I thought, surely the Packers are getting steamrolled. Sounds like they're horrible! Even after they went up 21 - 7 fans were posting comments about firing MM because of his playcalling, or TT because the team was talentless. Yet they won. You'd never know it from the fans' comments, though. And maybe not even from Silverstein's.